canzman

2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

Recommended Posts

I'm convinced there truly isn't anything to do in Buffalo, NY simply based off the fact that both the team and its fans on social media are going ape:censored: over white facemasks. If they're so oddly obsessed with such a subtle variation, why not just switch to it full time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL needs to make a rule for contrasting pants. After last night's game(black on black) and the ARI/SEA fiasco(black on navy), why even wear contrasting jerseys if you're just gonna muddle the look from the waist down? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The NFL needs to make a rule for contrasting pants. After last night's game(black on black) and the ARI/SEA fiasco(black on navy), why even wear contrasting jerseys if you're just gonna muddle the look from the waist down? 

Because you can still tell the two teams apart even if they have the same pant color? I don't understand the complaint? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The NFL needs to make a rule for contrasting pants. After last night's game(black on black) and the ARI/SEA fiasco(black on navy), why even wear contrasting jerseys if you're just gonna muddle the look from the waist down? 

 

I'm trying to imagine an issue the NFL would care less about than contrasting pants. I got nothing.

 

What would you want them to do when the Packers play in Pittsburgh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I can't stand the Steelers' color rush uniform, but I love the idea of them using those black pants on the road with the white jerseys. They complement the helmet really well. I just don't like the all yellow and black jerseys, really makes everything unbalanced with the lack of white.

 

The Steelers are my team. I agree completely with you about the color rash uniforms. I can't stand them either.

 

I thought the black pants might look good with the white jerseys, until I saw this picture on Reddit:

 

https://i.redd.it/s5qymp0r3es31.jpg

 

After seeing that pic, I have to say I'm not a fan of the Steelers wearing black pants at all. My preference is to never see them again, but I know that won't be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Durden said:

 

The Steelers are my team. I agree completely with you about the color rash uniforms. I can't stand them either.

 

I thought the black pants might look good with the white jerseys, until I saw this picture on Reddit:

 

https://i.redd.it/s5qymp0r3es31.jpg

 

After seeing that pic, I have to say I'm not a fan of the Steelers wearing black pants at all. My preference is to never see them again, but I know that won't be the case.

 

I don't think those are actually bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Because you can still tell the two teams apart even if they have the same pant color? I don't understand the complaint? 

35 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

I'm trying to imagine an issue the NFL would care less about than contrasting pants. I got nothing.

 

What would you want them to do when the Packers play in Pittsburgh?

A situation like Green Bay and Pittsburgh would be fine, as there is a decent amount of color contrast between the two. But look at 'Hawks/Cards game from a couple weeks ago. Navy on black? Why? Especially when the Cardinals have white pants that work just fine. Maybe a better statement would be...

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The NFL needs to make a rule for if a team has a pair of contrasting pants(ie. Ravens white & purple pants vs PIT), they need to wear them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

What would you want them to do when the Packers play in Pittsburgh?

 

On a tangent, I remember not being as thrilled with this matchup in Super Bowl XLV as I thought I would. It was a barrage of yellow with very little black. Also GB's green jerseys blended into the grass on the tv broadcast

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The NFL needs to make a rule for if a team has a pair of contrasting pants(ie. Ravens white & purple pants vs PIT), they need to wear them.

 

The CFL has had that rule for the last several years. Only Edmonton (Athletic Gold) and Winnipeg (Vegas Gold) have one set of pants and it only poses a problem when Hamilton plays Edmonton (Hamilton will wear black or white pants instead of gold). Obviously that's harder to implement with 32 teams, but the league could use your rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

A situation like Green Bay and Pittsburgh would be fine, as there is a decent amount of color contrast between the two. But look at 'Hawks/Cards game from a couple weeks ago. Navy on black? Why? Especially when the Cardinals have white pants that work just fine. Maybe a better statement would be...

 

No, what would need to change is Arizona not wearing black when Seattle wears green. If Seattle wore white the match up would be fine. Wouldn't be my favorite matchup in the world, but they'd contrast fine. 

 

The problem with limiting pants is a lot of teams only have one pair of pants. Forcing them to add more pant options creates an unnecessary amount of combos for them to wear. Look at Jacksonville to see how well that's going. It really dilutes a brand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Cleveland is going with white on brown. White/brown is far below white/white and white/orange in my opinion, but if they have to wear the brown pants, the Titans in columbia/columbia is a good time to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, bbush24 said:

Looks like Cleveland is going with white on brown. White/brown is far below white/white and white/orange in my opinion, but if they have to wear the brown pants, the Titans in columbia/columbia is a good time to do it.

Where did you see this? They don't usually announce the combo until Friday afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Where did you see this? They don't usually announce the combo until Friday afternoon.

I know some people will say this isn't a legit source, but he's been right all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bbush24 said:
I know some people will say this isn't a legit source, but he's been right all year.

He's just like that Gametime Saint guy. Not a verified account but always nails the uniform combination. By the way, he says white on black for the Saints in Atlanta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love to see the Eagles stick with green pants. Haven't worn these against the Packers in green and yellow since 2003. We've seen them paired with the throwbacks and we've seen the white on white look several times at Lambeau since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Stillers black pants would look pretty good if the huge one yellow stripe was broken up into a thinner yellow one with a thin white one.

 

Wouldn't mind seeing my Iggles in white jerseys with the black pants once a year or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since starting to wear the columbia blue jerseys at home last year, these are the opponents it came against.

 

Former fellow AFL franchises; Chargers and Chiefs

 

Former divisional rivals in the old AFC Central; Browns and Steelers

 

Texans are the Titans old host city, and Tennessee wore columbia blue against Houston from 2003-2007. No idea about the Bears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.