2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

Daniel Jeremiah of NFL Network saying that in his opinion, the Washington all white is the second best “throwback” uniform in the league just behind the Saints throwback.

Slightly odd he chose to call the all white “throwback”, but I guess considering not wearing the combo in 11 years it is(?) a throwback of sorts.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Why not wear the white on white against the Giants or Eagles or a team you play more frequently?

Eagles are more prone to wearing white pants which IMO white pants-vs-white pants normally doesn’t look good. Giants would be an okay matchup, but still a little iffy. I’d rather Washington wear white-on-white against teams that don’t normally wear white pants at home, like Pittsburgh.

9 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Eagles are more prone to wearing white pants which IMO white pants-vs-white pants normally doesn’t look good. Giants would be an okay matchup, but still a little iffy. I’d rather Washington wear white-on-white against teams that don’t normally wear white pants at home, like Pittsburgh.

I just mean I'd rather see their standard road uniform against teams they visit only once every 8 years. They can switch things up against teams they play every season to keep things fresh. Not that any team actually cares about this, but still.

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The all-white combo looks horrible on Washington.

I'm gonna have to disagree with that. Washington should use alternates more often. Wear all burgundy and all white once each per year. Also use yellow pants once with each jersey if those are still a thing. 

I’d be disappointed if the football team goes away from this identity next year. The name is hilarious and I like the look. Only thing I’d change is throw yellow pants into the mix and maybe change the burgundy jersey to yellow numbers to match the helmet (or maybe make that the color rush look).

7 minutes ago, DNAsports said:
20 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

All-white is fine for WFT, but white over burgundy and white over gold are both superior. 

Gold pants just don’t look good with Washington's white jersey, but I agree with burgundy over white.

Better. 

Longtime Skins fan here. Wasn't thrilled to see them in white on white tonight. I just flat out dislike that combination. Glad they won tonight, but hoping they don't decide to go on another "white on white streak" because of it.

SN: Yellow/athletic gold sleeves and undershirts look odd to me for some reason. No matter the player. No matter the team. No matter the sport. Something about yellow sleeves under a uniform doesn't look right to me.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I had thought about mid day that tonight would be a perfect time for white on white for Washington, and when I didn’t see the locker setup by 3:30, I figured it would be something different. I was pleased with it. A decent change of pace. I love all of their looks except white over gold

7 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I've been thinking this same thing. Why do teams seem to feel obligated to wear alternates for night games? It used to be the opposite where the league wouldn't allow alternates for primetime games. Now it's almost like it's encouraged.

It's for merch dollars. Show off the crap the fire kids will probably spend their parents money on.

Washington going white on white looked great. Hope they never go back to the gold pants.

Archived