2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/4/2020 at 11:34 AM, 61woods said:

Ark wrote:

That's fine for Minnesota, but this is LA we're talking about. I sort of understand for Arizona or Las Vegas, even though the NFL season is during fall and winter. 

But there is absolutely no reason why an NFL football stadium in Los Angeles should have a roof.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:34 AM, 61woods said:

Probably did it for Super Bowl reasons, since we all know that venue will DEFINITELY host a future one.

No, not quite.

The new LA Rams Stadium is just east of LAX (Los Angeles Airport), and the jet planes are descenting not too far above.

From what I've heard, and I do in fact I live in Los Angeles County is that they had to build the new grounds about halfway inside the Earth (Like the Bills Stadium in Orchard Park) and that the glass above was to help reduce excessive noise from the jet planes about to land.

The real crime is a stadium in Sunny Southern California being played on artificial field turf.  They could have designed it on rollers like the AZ Cardinals do and the. Raiders new stadium in Vegas will have.  Only the Raiders will get to play on the natural grass.  When they're not playing they'll roll it ouf of the stadium to keep in the sun and with a top-notch sprinkler system and UNLV will play their college football games on the artificial field turf underneath.

Why Kroenke didn't have it designed that way I have no idea, he sure spend enough.

24 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

No, not quite.

The new LA Rams Stadium is just east of LAX (Los Angeles Airport), and the jet planes are descenting not too far above.

From what I've heard, and I do in fact I live in Los Angeles County is that they had to build the new grounds about halfway inside the Earth (Like the Bills Stadium in Orchard Park) and that the glass above was to help reduce excessive noise from the jet planes about to land.

The real crime is a stadium in Sunny Southern California being played on artificial field turf.  They could have designed it on rollers like the AZ Cardinals do and the. Raiders new stadium in Vegas will have.  Only the Raiders will get to play on the natural grass.  When they're not playing they'll roll it ouf of the stadium to keep in the sun and with a top-notch sprinkler system and UNLV will play their college football games on the artificial field turf underneath.

Why Kroenke didn't have it designed that way I have no idea, he sure spend enough.

It wouldn’t be possible with the stadium and field being below ground level, also in order to do that they would need the space for that, and with the way LA is I doubt there would be enough space considering they still need parking lots.

19 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

Falcons drop jersey schedule (pants tbd):

everything is black at home/white on the road except:

- white at home against Minnesota and Denver

- Throwback vs saints week 13

- Gradient vs lions

- black on road at cowboys 

The Falcons/Vikings game is in Minnesota this year so only one home game in white for Atlanta.

22 hours ago, dont care said:

It wouldn’t be possible with the stadium and field being below ground level, also in order to do that they would need the space for that, and with the way LA is I doubt there would be enough space considering they still need parking lots.

Another issue is that LA’s stadium will have twice as many games with two teams playing there. That’s a lot of wear and tear on a field.

On 9/2/2020 at 5:40 PM, BBTV said:

This is super cool.  It's not a "domed" stadium (not that any are actually "domes' anymore) it's like a stadium built inside some big glass cover.  Definitely seems like it could be considered an outdoor stadium.  Seems similar to how Safeco is when its cover is up (i think - I've never been.)

894233684df24289a389223ab418449f.jpg?res

I wonder if they would be able to have the final four here with that possibility of wind being going through the stadium. Side note is this a man made lake?

27 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I wonder if they would be able to have the final four here with that possibility of wind being going through the stadium. Side note is this a man made lake?

Yes to both, they’ve played games on aircraft carriers I think they could deal with the minute amount of wind in the stadium, unless the structure actually works as a wind tunnel which I doubt

4 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

That’s one of the EXACT reasons why it was built with a roof: to host other events besides football. You KNOW a Final Four will be here eventually.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

13 hours ago, dont care said:

Yes to both, they’ve played games on aircraft carriers I think they could deal with the minute amount of wind in the stadium, unless the structure actually works as a wind tunnel which I doubt

I feel like it could be strange because basketball in stadiums already has a good deal of sightline issues. It also makes me wonder about the temperature control in the stadium as well, could they use heat if need be? I would almost 100% assume it is air conditioned but I do not see that being an issue in Los Angeles in March. It also doesn't rain often but if it were too feel like their could be some minor humidity issues/ court issues/fans getting wet.

2 white at home color rush games is excessive. Why not do 2 orange and one CR or one Color Rush on the road like last season?

Both against teams that rarely come to town too, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. Was hoping for Tennessee in white over light blue vs. the Bengals in color in that Week 8 game.

On 9/6/2020 at 2:46 PM, dont care said:

You sir are correct, I did not take that into consideration.

However, both the Rams and Chargers could easily groundshare play on a natural grass surface here in Souther California without it being on wheels.

The Rams have been ground-sharing with the USC Trojans at the LA Coliseum for the last 4 seasons, and the ground crew was getting some deep praise for their great maintenance work.

The Steelers have natural grass and groundshare with the PITT Panthers at various times, and they get their share of stormy wet weather.  Some high shool teams plays there on Friday nights occasionally too.

Ths sun gets thru the glass at SoFI ...... this is LA, they should not be on artificial field turf.  I liken it to be like an act of crime. 

Even the LA Galaxy groundshared with the Chargers for the last 3 seasons .... Get the nice quality grass the Packers use. We're talking LA here ..... 

4 hours ago, ARTnSocal said:

You sir are correct, I did not take that into consideration.

However, both the Rams and Chargers could easily groundshare play on a natural grass surface here in Souther California without it being on wheels.

The Rams have been ground-sharing with the USC Trojans at the LA Coliseum for the last 4 seasons, and the ground crew was getting some deep praise for their great maintenance work.

The Steelers have natural grass and groundshare with the PITT Panthers at various times, and they get their share of stormy wet weather.  Some high shool teams plays there on Friday nights occasionally too.

Ths sun gets thru the glass at SoFI ...... this is LA, they should not be on artificial field turf.  I liken it to be like an act of crime. 

Even the LA Galaxy groundshared with the Chargers for the last 3 seasons .... Get the nice quality grass the Packers use. We're talking LA here ..... 

I remember the weekend of the high school football championship the field was awful when the Steelers went to use it Sunday. But that was what, once after torrential rain and being the fifth game played that weekend.

Not even comparable to what is going to happen in LA so yeah. Should be natural grass.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

21 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

2 white at home color rush games is excessive. Why not do 2 orange and one CR or one Color Rush on the road like last season?

Both against teams that rarely come to town too, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. Was hoping for Tennessee in white over light blue vs. the Bengals in color in that Week 8 game.

Not the biggest fan of the color rush uniform, I was really disappointed to see it being worn more than the orange alternate this season. 

If anything I expected that Thursday Night came against Pittsburgh to be our color rush game, not weeks 8 and 12. Orange would've looked really nice against Tennessee as well. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived