2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Justpassingby said:

Total shot in the dark here with absolutely zero reason to think this, but I just have a gut feeling the Raiders are going to unveil a set of black pants for Thursday.

I feel like the Raiders would have came out with black pants for color rush if they really wanted it. If they ever do get black pants I would think they would hype it up before wearing them

Since the Colts still do their all blue game, what about the all white? IND did all white last year against Tennessee. Will they do it again, or was it just a one-time thing? I'm thinking they could do the all whiteout against Jacksonville since the Jaguars made them wear blue in Jacksonville, just like when the Titans made IND wear blue in TEN and then later the Colts return the favor in their second meeting in 2019.

12 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Since the Colts still do their all blue game, what about the all white? IND did all white last year against Tennessee. Will they do it again, or was it just a one-time thing? I'm thinking they could do the all whiteout against Jacksonville since the Jaguars made them wear blue in Jacksonville, just like when the Titans made IND wear blue in TEN and then later the Colts return the favor in their second meeting in 2019.

Most of these are fan promos, the colts marketed that Titans game as a “whiteout” game to their fans. I don’t see that happening without a full stadium of fans this year. “Whiteout” doesn’t really work when the stadium is at 15% capacity with fans in white shirts and 85% empty blue seats.

Lamar Jackson is especially thankful for the Ravens not picking the white pants tonight.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

Most of these are fan promos, the colts marketed that Titans game as a “whiteout” game to their fans. I don’t see that happening without a full stadium of fans this year. “Whiteout” doesn’t really work when the stadium is at 15% capacity with fans in white shirts and 85% empty blue seats.

Is that the same reason the Texans didn't do an all whiteout when they had the Ravens in the home opener? Houston wore the navy pants for that game, when normally it's all-white.

The Jets too? NYJ wore white for the home opener against San Francisco, and did a fan promotion the two previous years before that, doing it in October. I can't tell if NYJ wanted to take advantage of the early season weather or if they wanted to avoid back-to-back games being in gotham green (after wearing those in Buffalo the previous week) in the 49ers game.

11 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Is that the same reason the Texans didn't do an all whiteout when they had the Ravens in the home opener? Houston wore the navy pants for that game, when normally it's all-white.

The Jets too? NYJ wore white for the home opener against San Francisco, and did a fan promotion the two previous years before that, doing it in October. I can't tell if NYJ wanted to take advantage of the early season weather or if they wanted to avoid back-to-back games being in gotham green (after wearing those in Buffalo the previous week) in the 49ers game.

I doubt it has to do with weather for teams that play indoors or in cities where hot weather is a factor like the jets, Texans and colts. The jets have worn white for early home games, which they also market as a whiteout game, whether it’s sunny or raining. I agree about the Texans. I think they would go mono white if they had a full stadium of fans wearing white, and they might’ve worn blue pants for their home opener because of the fan situation.

Archived