I had a thread a few years ago about if the NFL mandated that each team wear a white helmet. (the topic is now closed). I wanted to start the 2nd version with the division I never finished, the NFC West. First is the Rams, this was made before today's reveal, so sorry, no bone here......

This is the home set. I wanted to keep a balance of the three colors, but still making sure the blue/yellow were the stars. 

spacer.png

Here's the away.

spacer.png 

Finally the alternate. 

spacer.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrapping up this division is Arizona I went a different direction here and focused on Nike's favorite color, gray. Build this concept around the gray desert cardinal. This also gave me even more reason to keep their gray mask on the helmet. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This presentation is great... so realistic. A few notes:

Rams: nicely done... only change I would make is to remove the contrasting cuffs, they distract form the horn logo on the shoulders

49ers: don't change what's not broken ... no problem with these

Seahawks: those logos on the chest are just too dang big ... the italicized numbers don't seem to fit ... and the contrasting color is a big distraction as well ... if you move away from the lime green for Seattle then I would normally expect a more traditional looking uniform that features more subtlety to it

Cardinals: I want to like these and I think there's potential here ... the stripes on the sleeves seem like you just chose a striping pattern just to choose one though, I'm not sure it fits ... but I really like the silver logo on the white helmet

19 hours ago, Hawkeye15 said:

This presentation is great... so realistic. A few notes:

Rams: nicely done... only change I would make is to remove the contrasting cuffs, they distract form the horn logo on the shoulders

49ers: don't change what's not broken ... no problem with these

Seahawks: those logos on the chest are just too dang big ... the italicized numbers don't seem to fit ... and the contrasting color is a big distraction as well ... if you move away from the lime green for Seattle then I would normally expect a more traditional looking uniform that features more subtlety to it

Cardinals: I want to like these and I think there's potential here ... the stripes on the sleeves seem like you just chose a striping pattern just to choose one though, I'm not sure it fits ... but I really like the silver logo on the white helmet

I went back and forth about the cuffs for the Rams, I decided it went better with the horn on the shoulder to have the colors match. I will be revisiting Seattle for sure. I think there's an answer that I just haven't perfected yet. For Arizona the striping is meant to be like this pattern on their previous uniform set:

spacer.png

I tried flipping the grey to being the wider stripes, but just didn't like how it looked. I may still revisit that look too. Thanks for the feedback. 

6 hours ago, BenD said:

Giants look good but I think using less red would help. I’m getting a bills-vibe from this set with the red socks and face mask 

Yeah, that’s a tough thing to keep those two separate. I felt like a gray mask would’ve helped, but it didn’t really fit with the set. I’m thinking I may darken Buffalo’s blue to help differentiate the two. 

On 5/19/2020 at 11:47 PM, Hawkeye15 said:

I wonder if the Giants script would work better on the helmet with this set... but otherwise I like the direction you went with the designs. 

I will post that one. I just didn’t want it to be a direct rip of the LT Giants era. 

2 hours ago, Spanky8992 said:

Love the Giants uniforms. Is this a public template?

It is public. I bought it from web pixum. They have a newer version with better angles so I will probably upgrade to that one at some point. 

• 3 months later...

Finally, the orange alternate. I really liked these three sets with the orange helmet, but for this series had to make some tweaks to line up with the white helmet. I'm also really proud of the Ohio logo up there. I thought that would be a great way to fire up the Cincinnati/Cleveland rivalry. 

spacer.png

On 5/13/2020 at 7:38 PM, adam__cain said:

I had a thread a few years ago about if the NFL mandated that each team wear a white helmet. (the topic is now closed). I wanted to start the 2nd version with the division I never finished, the NFC West. First is the Rams, this was made before today's reveal, so sorry, no bone here......

This is the home set. I wanted to keep a balance of the three colors, but still making sure the blue/yellow were the stars. 

spacer.png

Here's the away.

spacer.png 

Finally the alternate. 

spacer.png

Blue sleeve trim instead of gold, and gold horns on the helmet to match the blue and white jerseys might make it a cleaner look, but great job regardless!

Archived