NFL Updates by Wideright (Several added 4/29)

WideRight

I was not going to start another series for a while, but the complete clusterfork that was the new Rams NIKE look forced my hand.  

With this design I tried to keep several aspects of the new identity, including:

• The new LA ram-horn logo (modified)
  • The split-horn design on the helmet & jersey shoulders (modified)
  • The pant stripe pattern

But I also brought back some past elements, such as the Rams wordmark from St. Louis, the St, Louis number font, and the colored sleeves on the white jersey.  And, I opted for slightly darker blue and gold colors. 

I absolutely ditched anything to do with "Bone" and used a bit more white, adding white highlights to the ram horns and sock stripe. 

It is not the most beautiful Rams identity I have seen (a lot of amazing work on this board) but I still count it as a major improvement that does not totally destroy the past or the current design's intentions. 

spacer.png

Next up, I expect, will be the Atlanta Falcons.  Don't expect a gradient jersey. 

20 hours ago, WideRight said:

I was not going to start another series for a while, but the complete clusterfork that was the new Rams NIKE look forced my hand.  

With this design I tried to keep several aspects of the new identity, including:

• The new LA ram-horn logo (modified)
  • The split-horn design on the helmet & jersey shoulders (modified)
  • The pant stripe pattern

But I also brought back some past elements, such as the Rams wordmark from St. Louis, the St, Louis number font, and the colored sleeves on the white jersey.  And, I opted for slightly darker blue and gold colors. 

I absolutely ditched anything to do with "Bone" and used a bit more white, adding white highlights to the ram horns and sock stripe. 

It is not the most beautiful Rams identity I have seen (a lot of amazing work on this board) but I still count it as a major improvement that does not totally destroy the past or the current design's intentions. 

spacer.png

Next up, I expect, will be the Atlanta Falcons.  Don't expect a gradient jersey. 

This is all they needed to do to update their throwbacks. Great work.

Decided the Falcons needed more time, but I could fix the Patriots (to my liking) pretty quickly.  So, here are the Patsies, with a bit of 1992 snuck into their 2000's design.   I was tempted to go red and more of a 1980's look, but the Patriots would not want to stray that far from their dominant look of the past 20 years. 

Nkas14j.png

Next up, either Tampa or Atlanta.  We shall see. 

Decided that since Boomer asked, I would update the Bengals.

Went with a combination of current and 1990's look.  The helmet stays the same, the pants and shoulder stripes now toned down a bit.  No side panels and a return to more traditional numbers (old Champion look).  Nothing too innovative, a callback to the good years of 2 Super Bowls, and in that vein similar to what the Bucs did in revising a classic look. 

spacer.png

I also did the Cardinals, but that was part of the contest, so I won't post that until the contest is posted. 

Two more to add, Ravens and Seahawks, in what is becoming a full "NFL goes retro" movement.  

B'more:  I adjusted the main logo (removed the B) and the shield logo, removed the helmet stripes, brought back the original black pants with thick white stripe, and added a "swooping" feature to the yoke. I also adjusted the font (both wordmark and numbers). 

spacer.png

Seattle: It's a Zorn-to-Largent festival (with hints of Dave Krieg maybe).  Lighter blue, darker neon green, bring back the silver, old-school hawk stripes.  Pretty much every element of the Nike reinvention is gone.  For those who loved the old Seahawks, this might just do the trick.  For those who cannot name a Seahawk prior to Marshawn Lynch, probably not. 

spacer.png

And because I revealed 2 other bird teams today, here is my entry in the Arizona Cardinals redo contest.  Again, highly retro but with a twist.  Copper is the addition, old school look on striping (stripes on white jersey, none on dark jersey).  And a new AZ state flag logo as a secondary. 

spacer.png

• WideRight changed the title to NFL Updates by Wideright (Several added 4/29)
22 hours ago, WideRight said:

And because I revealed 2 other bird teams today, here is my entry in the Arizona Cardinals redo contest.  Again, highly retro but with a twist.  Copper is the addition, old school look on striping (stripes on white jersey, none on dark jersey).  And a new AZ state flag logo as a secondary. 

spacer.png

I like the copper pants...but think the Cardinals should stick with white helmet.  White/white/copper would still look cool. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And now moving into the AFC West for a few concepts (some will be more dramatic than others)

Chargers:  New official look is great.  Just a few minor tweaks here (use of LA monogram, shifting of numbers)

spacer.png

And while the Raiders' uniform is not changed at all, I did my version of a new Las Vegas logo for the team.  The 3 stars on the jersey represent the 3 Super Bowl championships. 

spacer.png

My version of the Broncos, featuring elements from 3 different eras of Bronco history

1. From the 60's-70's we have the color scheme (along with 80's-90's) and the very wide sleeve stripes, which I have tilted up to be half sleeve, half shoulder.

2. From the 70's-80's we have the 2ndary logo (D-Bronco) and the helmet design.

3. From the 90's-Today we have the primary logo, the font, and the swoop style pant stripe. 

spacer.png

And the Chiefs to round out the AFC West.  With KC I basically made 2 changes:

1. Added yellow to the helmet logo.

2. Created a native weaving pattern which could be used on the sleeves and pant stripes.  This also became a 2nd logo. 

spacer.png

Great job so far. I’m looking forward to the rest, but here’s a few thoughts

Rams - While I do believe they have some great ideas with their new uniforms, your uniform concept is perfect. 

New England - Digging everything except for the jersey side panels. As a Bengals fan, side panels can be the death of a uniform. 

Bengals - I’m not sure about the extra stripes on the collar or the Bengal head on the back. Also, I think with the stripes, the numbers shouldn’t be block lettering. But, I’d take those uniforms any day! 

Ravens - Honestly great! My personal take would be to put black pants for the home uniforms, but great concept!

Seahawks - Beautiful. Similar to Ravens, I’d suggest gray pants with the away jerseys, but beautiful. 

Cardinals - Love the look, but not the helmet. I think the helmet should be white, black, or Cardinal. The copper is a great alternate color though! I’d even like to see more copper in the white pants. I think the copper should be used like the Seahawks currently use their green. 

Chargers - Can’t really go wrong with them!

Raiders - Love it! Way to introduce Vegas and keep their tradition!

Broncos - WOW! I mean 🤩. Fantastic. I’d consider keeping the current blue, and maybe blue pants with the orange jersey, but I love where you’re going with their tradition. 

Chiefs - Great Upgrade/Update. Very similar to the Raiders in that tradition is kept, but it’s also modernized. 

Archived