New York Yanks (NFL) and Brooklyn Dodgers (NFL).

Darth Brooks

I did some defunct NFL teams some time back and I wanted to go back and revise some of the designs. This is for the New York Yanks. They were kinda the middle awful team in a whole lot of awful teams that followed one after another. I want to go back through the ones I first did and put them in this new format and also fix some stuff. I didn't like the logo for the Yanks. It looked more like an "M" than an NY.

qNIhHWV.jpg

I also changed the color to a deep blue that's reminiscent of police dress uniforms to go with a strong white for contrast. The wide stripe came from the team's helmet itself.

Here's the redesign,

RlMpo2C.jpg

I had done the Brooklyn Dodgers earlier. (yes, there was an NFL team called the Brooklyn Dodgers.)  I had played with the logo and just wasn't happy with it. The historical logo didn't fit comfortably on a helmet but none of of the ones I made looked good either.

UIaL8c5.jpg

The revision, once the original logo was modified it worked fine on a helmet, at least it seemed too.

yKVdqhC.jpg

As always, comments are welcome.

msf4Az0.jpg

Trying something new with the template. The template that I've been using is nice looking but it has flaws. The sleeves don't match in game usage and there's no pants so I put in the more traditional template on the side. If anyone knows their aviation history it's a bit like the jet/prop hybrids from the 50's and I'm not sure what I want to do. Any thoughts?

Archived