I Hired 2 Fiverr Designers to design the NHL Seattle Team

MrWonka

DESIGN CHALLENGE #1: Logo in under 2 Hours | NYC Snappers

It's been awhile since I worked on design for fun at home. It's been awhile since I've done any designs period...maybe close to two months now. Decided to go on sharpen.design and utilize their design challenge generator. The first one I got was sort of designing a sports logo, so I went with it. I decided to record the whole 2 hour process. From research, inspiration, sketching and vectoring to create a logo. I had a ton of fun. I wouldn't look at the video as a tutorial, or a "How To" but more a look into how I take on a project and how my thought process works.

If you leave a comment on the video, you can even win a sticker of the final product! I'm thinking of doing this series every Monday for the time being. Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqzsAGi-SFA&t=12s

DESIGN CHALLENGE #2: Creating a Sports Graphic for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in MS Paint

Another week, another design challenge. This one was actually...quite fun lol. Check it out if you're interested in seeing my process and the final product!

This was a great pleasure to watch. I loved your thought process that you were able to put into each detail of your short time frame as well as your self reflection after the process was done. Kudos to you. I am now subscribed.

XcryMwi.png

7 hours ago, HRC4 said:

This was a great pleasure to watch. I loved your thought process that you were able to put into each detail of your short time frame as well as your self reflection after the process was done. Kudos to you. I am now subscribed.

I appreciate your thoughts! I think, pretty clearly the most important part of the video (took over half the time almost) was the sketching. And I think thats a great lesson early on in design. Sometimes you can go right to Illustrator or photoshop if you have a simple shape or simple logo in mind, but to make sure you're getting the best out of your time, really fleshing out the sketch will save you so much time later on as you try to finalize it and digitize it.

I hope as I continue this series I can be more comfortable talking while designing but I had a good time.

7 minutes ago, Punchy_Gungus said:

Very impressive for Paint. Though 'Bucks' is mispelled. It should be 'Bucs'.

I do note that in the video as mistakes at the end with misspelling September. 

I think that fits the whole theme of the video so I leave it as is.

6 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

This is a cool little series, you got a talent for making videos! Look forward to a couple more of these throughout quarantine :) 

Thank you, I really appreciate that. Making and editing videos has always been a passion growing up but it's been close to 6-7 years since I've uploaded anything to YouTube. Finding that little side hidden passion again. I'm really enjoying making 'em!

Archived