Fictional 1930's Minor League Baseball concepts - Half Moon Bay Crescents update

BayBaseballFan

This was a great series! It’s not easy coming up with completely original team identities but you definitely rose to the occasion.

I love the Crescents. I dig that logo (I’m getting serious Mac Tonight vibes) but I’m curious how it would look if you removed the face and added baseball stitching to the left side of the crescent.

10 minutes ago, ItsSlothy said:

Who wins the 1939 campaign?

Another good question @ItsSlothy. Without any real way to simulate things I'm picking my visual favorites. Due to my soft spot for the look of the St. Louis Browns, the San Jose Friars take the league title in a best-of-seven championship series, 4-2, over the Hayward Highlanders.

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

This was a great series! It’s not easy coming up with completely original team identities but you definitely rose to the occasion.

I love the Crescents. I dig that logo (I’m getting serious Mac Tonight vibes) but I’m curious how it would look if you removed the face and added baseball stitching to the left side of the crescent.

Ha. Thanks @coco1997 I hadn't really thought of the Mac Tonight connection, but now I can't unsee it. And your note about the baseball stitches is interesting. I might try that or combine it with the face. I like the smiling moon cuz it has a simplicity that seems to fit the era. I had a notion of trying to work the moon into the wordmark as the "C" but it looked too hokie. 

8 hours ago, BayBaseballFan said:

@coco1997 - So I finally got around to trying out some baseball seams on the Crescents logo. I tried it a few different ways, but it wound up looking like a softball. And in the configuration below it makes me think of a balding guy with a chinstrap goatee. 

Haha! I think it actually works well. My original idea was for you to eliminate the face entirely and have one line of stitching going vertically rather than horizontally across the moon. 

Archived