NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

36 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Would have looked better if the double pinstripes were like the late 90s unis (different colors). 

The white jersey with "Charlotte" looks better, IMO. The "Hornets" wordmark is exceptionally thin for seven letters. 

Damn, I've loved the new Hornets branding for the most part but this is a massive disappointment.

-Pinstripes only being on the jersey has always looked bad IMO

-Fun colorful stripes>plain double pins

-The lack of purple makes these feel lifeless compared to the previous set

Who asked for this?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say if, I feel like all the hornets really needed to do was add pinstripes to their last set. That's it. The new ones are a solid set don't get me wrong but I just feel like the ones we've had up until now are a lot more slick and clean mainly due to how they utilize the colors. 

USATSI_10515952_168380616_lowres.jpg
the contrast of mainly just purple and teal looks so much better imo

IMG-7122.gif

Need more purple and less white for the association versions. Glad they brought back outlines to numbers and wordmark. 

Icon needed more purple on the side panels and pinstripes.

My take 7.5/10 overall. Hopefully they pull a Philadelphia and update them next year to correct a few things.

excellent design but they whiffed on the execution just a tad.

shado_logo.gif

The Teal jersey is super nice. Plus Cody Zeller is morphing into Billy Hoyle, which is pretty cool!

wmch12.png

EgwwmEMXkAEzA8O?format=jpg&name=small

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Overall, they're a little bit better than the last set, but probably a bit too much white instead of purple. I can't decide if they should have updated the wordmarks to look a little less edgy in order to match the pinstripes. They might clash as they exist now, but I'll have to see it more to make up my mind.

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Not continuing the pinstripes onto the shorts has always looked dumb and will always look dumb no matter how many times the Hornets try to make it work.

It's also annoying that they have the city name on the home jersey and the team name on the road jersey instead of the other way around.

Are there even home and road uniforms, anymore?  Do teams tend to wear white at home more frequently?

I think these are an upgrade but the NBA is part college hoops (constantly changing) and part college football (too many uniforms).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

13 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

It's also annoying that they have the city name on the home jersey and the team name on the road jersey instead of the other way around.

What are these "home" and "away" jerseys of which you speak? Our Nike overlords only accept icon and association!

New Hornets unis are a bit lackluster. They dont look bad, but they would've looked so much better with pinstripes on shorts and more purple. 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

Sounds like I’m in the minority on this so far, but I really like these. I always liked the jersey-only pinstripes for them, I like the color balance with just hints of purple(as long as there is a purple uniform coming), I like the contrasting waistband and I enjoy the “cell” logo opening on the leg.  I’m still not a fan of their boxy font, especially with the new jerseys, and I wish they took this chance to update to something more reminiscent of their old fonts. All in all I’m a fan.

Or they, ya know, could've just worn what they did in the 90's and make everyone happy.  These are whatever, IMHO.  They fall in line with the blah-ness that's been the Hornets since they've returned.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It’s frustrating how close Charlotte was to getting this right. Just a little bit of purple on the collar and arm trim, and perhaps alternating the pinstripe colors (T/P/T/P on white, W/P/W/P on teal) would’ve really done it. I do think this is an improvement over what it’s replacing, but it’s so-close-yet-so-far to great, and that’s peeving. 

As for the pinstripes themselves, sure it’d look better if extended all the way down to the shorts; given the popularity of the originals though, I really didn’t think there was a chance they were going to extend them and thus didn’t set any expectations. I can’t say I’m dissapointed in that front, it’s just purple taking a minivan backseat that I’m dissapointed in.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

25 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Or they, ya know, could've just worn what they did in the 90's and make everyone happy.  These are whatever, IMHO.  They fall in line with the blah-ness that's been the Hornets since they've returned.

If they're gonna be this way, just go back to being the Bobcats. 

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The New Orleans Hornets did it better.

usp-nba_-golden-state-warriors-at-new-orleans-horn-16_9.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 new-orleans-hornets.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Ehh...to be honest, I didn’t really like this New Orleans version.

The white uniform was okay, but the way they used gold on the creole blue (?) uniform wrecked it for me. It stood out in a bad and distracting way as the text and number color, with very little gold elsewhere (not including accessories) to help balance it out. The gold trim it did have was right up against white and often got a bit lost, and the gold text/numbers/accessories looked even more random when you did lose the trim. I don’t quite know what the right solution would’ve been - maybe a swap where the text and numbers were white and the pinstripes alternated gold/purple instead - but in any case, that uniform just didn’t work that well in my opinion. I preferred the first New Orleans set over it by a mile, and I frankly do prefer the new Charlotte set over it as well (though the new set has its problems).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived