NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

40 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

Warriors official release

They’re not bad, but it’s annoyingly how they’re still trying to cash in on Oakland after leaving. It’s even more annoying that they could have used an Oakland wordmark when they actually used this like a grown up team.

The current numbers really stick out though. Why not use the Friz Quadrata ones? I also think the International  orange on yellow was one of the best parts of that set so disappointing they went with double outlines 

I'm an Oakland native and I attended those We Believe playoff games. I hate everything this uniform is all about. It's a mix up some current elements and some old elements. It does suck that the tribute to Oakland is rolling in again. Couldn't have done any tribute to Oakland while the team was playing there. But once the SF move was finalized, they do cash in on it. It would have been better to just wear true throwbacks. But gotta make that cash money. 

Go A's!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

They’re not bad, but it’s annoyingly how they’re still trying to cash in on Oakland after leaving. It’s even more annoying that they could have used an Oakland wordmark when they actually used this like a grown up team.

Let's be honest, when they moved back into the renovated Coliseum in '97 they should have changed the name to the Oakland Warriors.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 minutes ago, kimball said:

Let's be honest, when they moved back into the renovated Coliseum in '97 they should have changed the name to the Oakland Warriors.

One of the things I was going to do in the Sports Fan Fiction folder before the most inscrutable board implosion of all time was something centered around a "San Mateo County Arena" wherein a Cow Palace replacement is built in the Cow Palace parking lot for the new San Francisco Sharks, which would take on the now-San Francisco Warriors from 1996-2019. Basically a Shark Tank closer to the city.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

50 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:

Warriors official release

The current numbers really stick out though. Why not use the Friz Quadrata ones? I also think the International  orange on yellow was one of the best parts of that set so disappointing they went with double outlines 

The buckle logo is pretty good...and the orange/yellow/navy color scheme was underrated. This design still isn't doing it for me, though. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I can't determine if "Oakland Forever presented by Rakuten" is so NBA or so Bay Area or so 2020. Either way, get bent Warriors.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

27 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The buckle logo is pretty good...and the orange/yellow/navy color scheme was underrated. This design still isn't doing it for me, though. 

Did the Philadelphia and San Francisco Warriors have orange or was it simulated by adjacent red and yellow?

23 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

People forget that the Sixers black jerseys lasted a WHILE and throughout all of it they only looked good on one player. I'm glad they aren't going that direction

I liked them as they were (but also the jerseys I grew up on) and would be fine with them as a throwback, especially the blue alts which were my favorite, but the Sixers should always be primarily a R/W/B team. I think right now is the best they ever looked, they just need to put 'Sixers' on the blue or white jersey. The worst were the jerseys they were from the late 00s until the return of the R/W/B with the random piping and removal of gold. Those were as forgettable as the teams from that era were.

43 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I liked them as they were (but also the jerseys I grew up on) and would be fine with them as a throwback, especially the blue alts which were my favorite, but the Sixers should always be primarily a R/W/B team. I think right now is the best they ever looked, they just need to put 'Sixers' on the blue or white jersey. The worst were the jerseys they were from the late 00s until the return of the R/W/B with the random piping and removal of gold. Those were as forgettable as the teams from that era were.

They really need to just go with Sixers in the block font on the red statement. 

76ers-21-joel-embiid-red-2016-17-new-sea

Just add the blue drop shadow to these and your set.

Ah the Sixers....

Obviously the city jersey is inspired by Boathouse row. (All the Philly schools have houses for their rowing teams on the same strip and they're lit by essentially what you'd call Christmas lights all year). Its a sweet nod, and were probably going to see a black & white uniforms with some red and blue elements, will probably look like the ASG from 2019

As a sixers fan, meaning I speak for the majority and know exactly how this team looks the best (sarcasm of course), I like us as a RWB, although admittedly there is a lot of that in the NBA. The current set is the best overall set they've ever had, but i cant get behind lots of these city and alternate uniforms. The blue home is good, the white road is good, the red alt is amazing. (I do wish it was in the block font though). The first city uniform (cream Phila) was a nice change. Since then, I haven't liked them (Gray rocky-themed, Tan Philadelphia (although the TNR number font was sweeeeet). And the throwback (Seventy-Sixers) from this year gets a meh from me, unneeded imo.

Id love it if the team wore the black throwbacks for nostalgia purposes (as the uniform itself isnt bad, its just not as good as todays). "Sixers twitter" is a real scary place, but a lot of them call for the black throwbacks. Honestly, the current set is very well supported by sixer fans, and has become synonymous with the "process era." Most people are wearing the jerseys (and shirseys) of the blue and red uniforms than all the city ones, even when you combine those.

However, I feel like the city uniforms are worn way too much, especially when they're not in the team's primary colors.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Archived