NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that bothers me the most about that Cavs jersey is the stitching/stroke/whatever it is around the Nike logo. That combined with the leaked Knicks jersey with the NYC Nike logo makes me worried that the logo will become a design element in time, which is not a good thing.

the user formerly known as cdclt

45 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

Cavs officially unveiled their City edition uniforms.

I'll admit, it's starting to grow on me.

And here's what the court should look like (don't know if it's official or not)

Cavs playing their home games in Brooklyn this year?

Now that all 30 city editions are out, I realized how drab and colorless this year's sets are. Almost 2/3 of the teams are wearing black or white (19 to be exact). I was hoping the city editions would breathe more life into the NBA's color palette, but 4 years in and its clear that they are starting to run out of ideas and just trying to see what sticks. I think the Hornets are by far the best look this year (I love the mint color especially!),  but the Knicks seriously missed the mark.

There are also plenty of ideas that are simply worn out yet teams still try to work with them, or simply misused them, examples being the Nuggets, Heat, Jazz, Kings (seriously we need something else than just blue/red and "SACTOWN" each time),  Pistons, Wizards, Clippers, and Magic. 

Honestly, I would love to see the NBA either blend the City and Statement editions, or eliminate it all together. Its beyond clear now that this is a money-making machine, if it wasn't before. I was open to the idea when it first started, but now all the creativity has begun to be sucked out. 

Edit: After a closer look with the Wolves, it looks like it’s 20 teams in black or white...

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Here are all 30 NBA City Edition Uniforms for the 2020-2021 Season

December 3, 2020 - 16:32 PM

The National Basketball Association and Nike this morning officially released their 2020-2021 NBA City Edition jersey and uniform collection for all 30 of the NBA’s teams. These uniforms are all being worn as a fourth uniform option for each club and are slated to be replaced following the 2020-21 NBA

Read More...

Seeing the scribble/sketch texture in better detail on Cleveland’s “C” and numbers reinforces my thought that they should have applied it to the whole primary “CLEVELAND” wordmark instead of using the ransom note wordmark. That alone would’ve boosted the set from “pretty bad” to “pretty good”. It just goes to show how much details matter, and how much they can pull a set down or prop it up.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

"The 2020-21 Houston Rockets City Edition Nike NBA Jersey features a soft, gulf water blue base with bold “H-Town” branding—a popular, unofficial city nickname. The blue and white hues pay tribute to the city’s many dedicate blue and white-collar workers, who have helped make H-Town what it is today."

I'm sorry, what?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

They can't come right out and say it's a Houston Oilers fashion jersey. Should have tried "Workers of all kinds, we luv ya! Blue is the color we chose to represent that feeling."

3 hours ago, andregunts said:

Loving the stain glass church theme 

I don't know, I'm a believer in the separation of church and pro sports. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

53 minutes ago, Digby said:

"The 2020-21 Houston Rockets City Edition Nike NBA Jersey features a soft, gulf water blue base with bold “H-Town” branding—a popular, unofficial city nickname. The blue and white hues pay tribute to the city’s many dedicate blue and white-collar workers, who have helped make H-Town what it is today."

I'm sorry, what?

The name ain't that far fetched

spacer.png

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

So the nets can have a custom number font for the throwback jersey but not for the statement or City??? 🙄

They haven't custom font on throwback. It'standard block font which is even wrong for them

Raptors teamstore listed City uniforms as avaliable at March 1st same with Jazz shorts which are listed as spring. Weird.

4r2eer.png

14 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

They haven't custom font on throwback. It'standard block font which is even wrong for them

Raptors teamstore listed City uniforms as avaliable at March 1st same with Jazz shorts which are listed as spring. Weird.

It's not the standard nets number font like the others have. That was my point.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Archived