NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I just watched this Clippers video.  Change the name and embrace the culture PLEASE! 

They're trying to recapture that LA Raiders energy. I think much like the LA Raiders the Clippers old English branding appeals to a very specific niche of Los Angeles sports fans. The Raiders games were dangerous (Staples Center would be safer). Raiders team apparel had the stigma of gang affiliation (I remember schools banning Raiders gear when I was a kid)

I think it's risky for the Clippers (and the NBA) to go all in on the old English branding. I live in Mississippi now but I grew up in Orange County until I was 20 (34 now) and I still go back regularly. I'm speaking from my personal experience and I understand other people's experiences are different.

As far as changing the name I think they would have a hard time coming up with a name that wouldn't come be cheesy while still being local.

Thought I'd share my City Edition tierlist for this year.

spacer.png

(https://tiermaker.com/create/nba-city-edition-2020-21-692319)

Amazing: These jerseys are awesome, they could totally be used as the basis for a rebrand.

Really Good: These jerseys have a solid design or do something really cool. Both Charlotte and Phoenix would've been bumped up if they said "Charlotte" and "Phoenix" respectively.

Solid: These jerseys look good enough, they don't do a whole lot for me to hate them.

Meh: These jerseys are decent, I don't hate them, but I don't really like them, either.

Bad: Bad design, bad wordmarks, odd references, just a bunch of stuff I don't like. Chicago's would be in "Solid" if it didn't have any red.

Gimmicky Garbage: Just bad. I don't mind the inspiration for Cleveland and Milwaukee, but I really don't like the execution. New York's is garbage from top to bottom.

9 hours ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

spacer.png

Saw this explanation for the Cleveland font on Twitter made me actually kinda like them

The first "e" is from The Who and "N" is definitely not N.W.A.

2021_lal_web_jersey_1328x784_1_r1_km.jpg?q=80

This is intresting because Classic jerseys never had Championship tags before.

9 hours ago, TheFallenHaveRisen said:

spacer.png

Saw this explanation for the Cleveland font on Twitter made me actually kinda like them

Not bad...not sure why they'd have two letters for the Sex Pistols though. And the L is more Beatles than Zeppelin. 

18 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

The first "e" is from The Who and "N" is definitely not N.W.A.

N.W.A. T-Shirt | Classic Straight Outta Compton Logo N.W.A. T-Shirt

It is.

Download Led Zeppelin Logo Png - Full Size PNG Image - PNGkit

8 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Not bad...not sure why they'd have two letters for the Sex Pistols though. And the L is more Beatles than Zeppelin. 

3 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Has that been confirmed somewhere? Because it looks pretty inaccurate if so. The left strokes of the N are completely different.

The left stroke in the CleVelaNd picture looks the same to me. Colors are off though. The problem with bands is that their logos change more than adidas changes college basketball uniforms. 

17 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The left stroke in the CleVelaNd picture looks the same to me. Colors are off though. The problem with bands is that their logos change more than adidas changes college basketball uniforms. 

They are nothing alike, and why would they put the rap group NWA on a jersey for the rock and roll hall of fame.

I wanted to make a crack at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame being the most "ok, boomer" institution in our country and how on earth does that overlap with the City jersey program target market, but then I remembered the weird resurgence of the Nirvana face t-shirt for streetwear zoomers. Maybe the Cavs pulled a runaround on me! (Or it's an accident!)

Wow, the Lakers finally have a jersey with Los Angeles on it! Good for them, they can finally recognize what city they live in. Maybe soon they'll finally learn that "Forum Blue" is actually purple!