NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

npancfx3r6361.jpg?width=360&auto=webp&s=f2b3079c472f73810807285f7aa848658de507fd

Love this concept from /u/wtfitzjdoggwha on /r/rockets

I feel the uniform is lacking any kind of 'Houston' identity to it other than the plainly obvious H-TOWN. 

Also I would give a kidney for the Rockets to ditch the Paul George Pacers number font. The '3' especially is hard to look at and doesn't match the H-TOWN font at all

Never seen that David Bowie logo before in my life.

I looked up bands from Cleveland to see if they could have localized the jersey more, but seems like that would have been a challenge. I know the Raspberries and Nine Inch Nails (that would have been a good "N" choice), but not too many others.

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The left stroke in the CleVelaNd picture looks the same to me. Colors are off though. The problem with bands is that their logos change more than adidas changes college basketball uniforms. 

Looking at the top of the NWA logo, the N has an indent that isn't present in the Cleveland script. Not saying you're wrong, a few of the letters are a bit off, just wondering if this comes from anywhere official. Not sure why the colors are relevant though, since the letters are all the same color and don't match their origin logo.

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Never seen that David Bowie logo before in my life.

I looked up bands from Cleveland to see if they could have localized the jersey more, but seems like that would have been a challenge. I know the Raspberries and Nine Inch Nails (that would have been a good "N" choice), but not too many others.

Not a ton to work with from a logo perspective, but we're the only team in Ohio they could've expanded their local reach to any Joe Walsh projects, the Isley Brothers, the O'Jays, Devo, Pretenders, The Black Keys, and others I'm sure. That said, the city has the hall which honors all the featured artists so I don't think they needed to localize it more than that. Plus of course the Moondog show helped inspire The Beatles and so on and so forth.

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

It is.

On left N.W.A "N" on right Cleveland "N" on centre both combined:

spacer.png

It doesn't match so if It's really N.W.A it must be a bootleg version.

BTW little riddle for you. Find one element which shouldn't be in here:

CE-Blank-Back-2_2400x.jpg

Hint. This element doesn't appear on match issue jeresy.

9 hours ago, QCS said:

Thought I'd share my City Edition tierlist for this year.

spacer.png

(https://tiermaker.com/create/nba-city-edition-2020-21-692319)

Amazing: These jerseys are awesome, they could totally be used as the basis for a rebrand.

Really Good: These jerseys have a solid design or do something really cool. Both Charlotte and Phoenix would've been bumped up if they said "Charlotte" and "Phoenix" respectively.

Solid: These jerseys look good enough, they don't do a whole lot for me to hate them.

Meh: These jerseys are decent, I don't hate them, but I don't really like them, either.

Bad: Bad design, bad wordmarks, odd references, just a bunch of stuff I don't like. Chicago's would be in "Solid" if it didn't have any red.

Gimmicky Garbage: Just bad. I don't mind the inspiration for Cleveland and Milwaukee, but I really don't like the execution. New York's is garbage from top to bottom.

San Antonio, Indiana, and Golden State's are the only ones above "bad." The rest should never see the light of day. 

Maybe I'm just a pessimistic traditionalist when it comes to sports aesthetics, but none of these are good jerseys. If this is the best alternates we can get, I'd prefer the NBA abolish alternates altogether until they can get this crap together. 

As far as I know, Knicks and Wizards are the only teams who didn't officialy unveiled their City Ed. unis.

Knicks and Raptors are completely missing from NBA Store/Fanatics. I saw some Raptors merch, but nothing about the jersey. Knicks are a worse case since I didn't find any merch.

Anyone know something about this delay? I was looking for official stock photos from those jerseys.

50 minutes ago, Blazersfan38 said:

The Knicks jersey isn’t on 2k, it’s not on fanatics it’s not on any official social media that I could see. It could be that they’re scrapping it.

That would be the smartest thing that Knicks do in last 20 years.

19 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

The gold tab at middle of back neck for one championship won as Seattle?

Bingo! It's strange because Thunder don't want to be recognize as Sonics so I guess that's only a photoshop mistake and real retail version comes without that because Seattle might riots.

1 hour ago, Igor Coelho said:

Knicks and Raptors are completely missing from NBA Store/Fanatics. I saw some Raptors merch, but nothing about the jersey. Knicks are a worse case since I didn't find any merch.

I quote myself here:

On 12/3/2020 at 9:11 PM, pepis21 said:

Raptors teamstore listed City uniforms as available at March 1st.

But on Fanatics except jersey you can buy basically every other thing.

For Knicks there is nothing nowhere Fanatics, NBA store, Nike, Kith etc.

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

So, the album that’s largely ignored by fans and critics alike? At the very least, use this one:

spacer.png

Always overjoyed to see Bowie's best album pop up outside the music thread, but as I'm looking through his album covers, as ~*iconic*~ as so many of them are, none of them are because of the text, rather his face, such that no isolated letter could ever hope to read as being from a Bowie cover. Closest I can come is Let's Dance and even that's a reach.

Cleveland squatting on rock music the way it does has always stuck in my craw. It's a trans-Atlantic megagenre, it doesn't belong to any one place. 

10 hours ago, QCS said:

Thought I'd share my City Edition tierlist for this year.

spacer.png

(https://tiermaker.com/create/nba-city-edition-2020-21-692319)

Amazing: These jerseys are awesome, they could totally be used as the basis for a rebrand.

Really Good: These jerseys have a solid design or do something really cool. Both Charlotte and Phoenix would've been bumped up if they said "Charlotte" and "Phoenix" respectively.

Solid: These jerseys look good enough, they don't do a whole lot for me to hate them.

Meh: These jerseys are decent, I don't hate them, but I don't really like them, either.

Bad: Bad design, bad wordmarks, odd references, just a bunch of stuff I don't like. Chicago's would be in "Solid" if it didn't have any red.

Gimmicky Garbage: Just bad. I don't mind the inspiration for Cleveland and Milwaukee, but I really don't like the execution. New York's is garbage from top to bottom.

As soon as I saw the dreaded Grey DC jersey as "Meh" and "H-town" as solid I  almost immediately dismissed this list. Sorry.

Houston' Oilers colors is cool but it is lifeless. No Gemini or anything special. Too boring. DC stars and stripes is perfect template but DC and its font along with Grey is snooze worthy.

Everything else is right on. Charlotte and Phoenix would be perfect if they didn't have gimmicky name "Buzz City or The Valley". 

6 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

npancfx3r6361.jpg?width=360&auto=webp&s=f2b3079c472f73810807285f7aa848658de507fd

Love this concept from /u/wtfitzjdoggwha on /r/rockets

I feel the uniform is lacking any kind of 'Houston' identity to it other than the plainly obvious H-TOWN. 

Also I would give a kidney for the Rockets to ditch the Paul George Pacers number font. The '3' especially is hard to look at and doesn't match the H-TOWN font at all

It's crazy how the addition on that one design element made me like this uniform. I flat out dislike the current blue H-Town uni's, but adding that Rocket would bring me around. Makes me curious if borrowing any other design elements from the Barkley era unis would make the uniforms look even better