NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

Here's my Tier list:

Spoiler

Il7ZuvD.png

I have a top 5 in the A tier, bottom 5 in the F tier, and everything else in the middle.  Memphis, Minnesota, Miami, and the Lakers are arguably A tier quality, but werent in my top 5 so I left them to the B tier.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

npancfx3r6361.jpg?width=360&auto=webp&s=f2b3079c472f73810807285f7aa848658de507fd

Spoiler

Love this concept from /u/wtfitzjdoggwha on /r/rockets

I feel the uniform is lacking any kind of 'Houston' identity to it other than the plainly obvious H-TOWN. 

Also I would give a kidney for the Rockets to ditch the Paul George Pacers number font. The '3' especially is hard to look at and doesn't match the H-TOWN font at all

All Houston needed to do was add the red outline to the numbers and NoB.  That would make it look SO much better than what it does now.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

21 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Well that's a bit extreme, don't ya think?

Happy Excuse Me GIF

FIVE POSTS LATER they're dropping Oakland Forever on us.

17 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

The “Oakland Forever” court, it’s starting to feel a bit sadistic. Also of note the W lightning logo they’re using

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

23 hours ago, pepis21 said:

On left N.W.A "N" on right Cleveland "N" on centre both combined:

spacer.png

It doesn't match so if It's really N.W.A it must be a bootleg version.

BTW little riddle for you. Find one element which shouldn't be in here:

CE-Blank-Back-2_2400x.jpg

Hint. This element doesn't appear on match issue jeresy.

My best guess for the N was Alice In Chains.

21 hours ago, the admiral said:

Always overjoyed to see Bowie's best album pop up outside the music thread, but as I'm looking through his album covers, as ~*iconic*~ as so many of them are, none of them are because of the text, rather his face, such that no isolated letter could ever hope to read as being from a Bowie cover. Closest I can come is Let's Dance and even that's a reach.

Cleveland squatting on rock music the way it does has always stuck in my craw. It's a trans-Atlantic megagenre, it doesn't belong to any one place. 

Cleveland just got lucky because the term “Rock & Roll” was invented/popularized there.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

24 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

My best guess for the N was Alice In Chains.

Cleveland just got lucky because the term “Rock & Roll” was invented/popularized there.

I don’t think so the “N” in Alice in Chains’ logo is rounder and more blotchy. 

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

Found this interesting post made by a cavs fan. Thought you guys here would like it

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQvzVxBmdw/?igshid=19dh1vqr06wp2

It doesn't resolve the problem, because if you're not a rock & roll fan you would have a problem of recognize logos no matter of what.

From his wordmark I know that 1st "L" is Led Zeppelin, 1st 'E" is Sex Pistols, "V" is Van Halen, 2nd "E" is Eminem (He's not in RRHOF yet), 2nd "L" is Beatles, "A" is Metalica and "N" is Nirvana. Have no idea about "C" and "D" (in Original wordmark I have no idea about "N").

BTW. I never noticed that but Blazers and Nets use exactly same numbers font on their jerseys (#7 is cut on a top in Blazers but that's the only difference) .

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

It doesn't resolve the problem, because if you're not a rock & roll fan you would have a problem of recognize logos no matter of what.

From his wordmark I know that 1st "L" is Led Zeppelin, 1st 'E" is Sex Pistols, "V" is Van Halen, 2nd "E" is Eminem (He's not in RRHOF yet), 2nd "L" is Beatles, "A" is Metalica and "N" is Nirvana. Have no idea about "C" and "D" (in Original wordmark I have no idea about "N").

Totally agree. I think his written assessment of the original’s shortcomings is spot-on, but his attempt ultimately suffers the same problems, given that it’s still relying on the hope that the audience universally knows what each letter correlates with. It also happens to look even more like a ransom note to me than the original, so even though he uses more recognizable letters (again, depending on who in the audience is familiar with them), it’s pretty much sixes to me.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

The “C” is AC/DC and the “D” is Def Leppard.

On 12/5/2020 at 4:59 PM, Igor Coelho said:

LBJ was talking about 20-21 or 21-22 season?

In honor of Kobe, every Lakers superstar has to wear two numbers to make every jersey retirement just as awkward and to ensure future Lakers will be dipping into three digits in about 20 years.

Archived