NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

5 hours ago, schlim said:

In honor of Kobe, every Lakers superstar has to wear two numbers to make every jersey retirement just as awkward and to ensure future Lakers will be dipping into three digits in about 20 years.

Lakers just want to be like Celtics not only in Championships but in retired numbers too.

4r2eer.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Lakers just want to be like Celtics not only in Championships but in retired numbers too.

Well they’re tied for championships already. As for retired numbers, the Lakers only retire those that have made it to the Hall of Fame. They’re a bit more picky in that sense.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

12 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

I agree with everyone else. This guy's version is 1000% better but it still relies on lengthy explanations to the common fan. 

Only if you need to know the origin of each letter. His mockup is superior because it's more obvious that the letters come from various logos (even if you can't ID them) while the actual jersey uses letters that are not iconic enough to make that clear, resulting in a wordmark that simply looks like a janky jumble of fonts.

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Only if you need to know the origin of each letter. His mockup is superior because it's more obvious that the letters come from various logos (even if you can't ID them) while the actual jersey uses letters that are not iconic enough to make that clear, resulting in a wordmark that simply looks like a janky jumble of fonts.

Yup my thoughts exactly. I know nothing about rock bands and all that but was able to think "oh yea this is one of those rockband collage wordmark things"

IMG-7122.gif

14 hours ago, IceInMyVeins said:

spacer.png

My rating would look very different. I actually love that Wizards jersey in gray, it's the best colorway that template has had. Chicago's side panels are way over-designed and detailed. Spurs' have a much better court to pair with than the actual jersey, which looks rushed like an afterthought. Minny's is the best of all their sets atm. Dallas' look is cheesy. GSW "reincarnation" of the 00's identity falls short. It was a very cool identity and it's not done any justice this way. Those unis were rather nice and these are bad, a poor take on it. Either bring it back the way it was or don't bother at all. Toronto belongs in the upper half and Nuggets and Magic should be in the top row. Miami is not in the bottom half, I have Boston there instead. The most I agree with is the "Bad" category, sans NO. Detroit and Brooklyn are garbage too. I'd also swap Atlanta's and Portland's places with Philly and Sac. And finally, say what you want, everyone, but I dig the Knicks' threads.

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They've been quiet about actual uniforms this year, not even mentioning the Army Navy uniforms. 

But they made a statement about statement jerseys and Jumpman logo on it. Soccer kits also were covered on time.

4r2eer.png

I'd personally put those thunder jerseys with solid. I don't see the big issue people have with them. It's like they combined the 17-18 city editions with the 17-19 statement editions. Generally just giving those vibes. Doesn't feel like there's anything new enough to really criticize.

kinda blends in with all the other black jerseys thats why I don't think it stands out in a good or bad way

IMG-7122.gif

1 hour ago, insert name said:

I’d be ok with the Knicks not having alternatives this season. Would be the smartest move they made in 20 years. 

Wouldn't it finally make sense to have brought back orange jerseys in recent years? I mean, the team has lost enough games that their 0-6 record in those jerseys from before would at least have been a nice look for a bad team. Everyone had expectations for the Knicks when they first unveiled them, which put them to an end too quickly. Had they been worn during the past few years, no one would have noticed their bad record.

With Players Joking That Orange Is Causing Their Blues, Knicks Will Wear  White - The New York Times

8 hours ago, Pyromania1983 said:

Wouldn't it finally make sense to have brought back orange jerseys in recent years? I mean, the team has lost enough games that their 0-6 record in those jerseys from before would at least have been a nice look for a bad team. Everyone had expectations for the Knicks when they first unveiled them, which put them to an end too quickly. Had they been worn during the past few years, no one would have noticed their bad record.

With Players Joking That Orange Is Causing Their Blues, Knicks Will Wear  White - The New York Times

I liked these but wished they used (and kept) the font from the 90s.

yhi0yudffbyc8r8tlf7lxvenc.gif

51 minutes ago, truepg said:

The one right thing for me the Knicks did when they updated the uniform was the wordmark. So much better this way than the over-distorted arched letterforms of the 90s.

Glad someone out there likes them because it looks so odd to me.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:21 PM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

San Antonio, Indiana, and Golden State's are the only ones above "bad." The rest should never see the light of day. 

Maybe I'm just a pessimistic traditionalist when it comes to sports aesthetics, but none of these are good jerseys. If this is the best alternates we can get, I'd prefer the NBA abolish alternates altogether until they can get this crap together. 

preach how i met your mother GIF

Obviously neither are official, but one aspect of this years city editions is we are seeing less conventional colors being used. Charlotte with their mint & gold, Dallas with their metallic gold etc. I miss the days when jerseys used metallic tackle twill / dazzle satin. At the same time; I don't really like how teams have completely different colors on their city jerseys.

I think there are a few teams that could implement pastel tone/s in their branding. Utah in particular feels like a team that could link pastel mountains with earth tones.

The Tampa jersey is obviously gimmicky and could never be used, but I like how the color tones suits the city, rather than adhering to 10 basic mid-tones that almost every team uses.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived