Jump to content

NBA Changes 2020/21


SportsLogos.Net News

Recommended Posts

I found something. There's a Knicks youth size City Ed. themed tshirt available at team's store: https://www.nyknicksstore.com/youth-nike-black-new-york-knicks-2020/21-city-edition-logo-t-shirt/p-25324004306181+z-9295-4259905978

 

spacer.png

 

It is curious that some 2020-21 items are only available in youth sizes. Grizzlies classic jersey is one example. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Krz said:

The nets are switching sponsors, so now they share a sponsor with Indiana.

Does this open the door for a larger company to buy up spots across the NBA?

If it means that we get companies who allow their logo to be team colors, I'm all for it. Because ads are never going away, the least we can do is get some visually appealing ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
 

I don’t think these would have been quite as bad if the apparel Kith version had been replaced with a Knicks logo with the number where the ball is, I’ve always wanted to see that script used at least once. Apparently the circle is inspired by subway token (but if so, just use the subway token logo everyone loves!). And I’m REALLY not a fan of letting streetwear leak into on court stuff like it’s been happening in soccer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, UnclearInitial said:
And I’m REALLY not a fan of letting streetwear leak into on court stuff like it’s been happening in soccer.


But it's exactly what has been happening with all these City and Earned jerseys, if I understood what you meant correctly.

But this Knicks jersey I actually really like, since their regular sets are nothing to talk about and these are stylish banking on current design trends in just a restrained enough way without going over the top that hits the right string for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, UnclearInitial said:

 
 

I don’t think these would have been quite as bad if the apparel Kith version had been replaced with a Knicks logo with the number where the ball is, I’ve always wanted to see that script used at least once. Apparently the circle is inspired by subway token (but if so, just use the subway token logo everyone loves!). And I’m REALLY not a fan of letting streetwear leak into on court stuff like it’s been happening in soccer.

 

Surprised that guy would openly admit to designing that in a public forum...  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's the owner of Kith, a street wear brand I think or a fashion brand of some sort. I just think there was a disconnection between fashion and an nba jersey. What he designed looks like what one of those "fashion" off the court jerseys or something. It's what I'd exactly see on a hoodie. Not an official nba uniform

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

He's the owner of Kith, a street wear brand I think or a fashion brand of some sort. I just think there was a disconnection between fashion and an nba jersey. What he designed looks like what one of those "fashion" off the court jerseys or something. It's what I'd exactly see on a hoodie. Not an official nba uniform

Yeah I agree here... This would be perfect as a off the court fashion jersey and nothing more.

With all of the possible influences you could possibly have for a New York city jersey (and I really liked the first firefighter themed one) this design seeing the court feels like an insult.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, truepg said:


But it's exactly what has been happening with all these City and Earned jerseys, if I understood what you meant correctly.
 


No, I meant uniforms that are designed and conceived to appeal to streetwear, where the collab is more important and the fans are a secondary concern. 

 

City uniforms are meant to make money, but up until this every jersey had a (sometimes very thin) connection to the city, or at least it’s something that you could conceivably see used as a uniform for a franchise in that city. Here the intention was to have a Kith x Knicks uniform, much like some soccer teams have started using one off uniforms with branding from Humanrace or Palace (on a less apparent level, the Rams tags on their new uniforms). I’m pretty sure the biggest seller of this collection will be the Kith logo jersey. This is not a collection which is aimed primarily at the teams fans, this is aimed at hypebeasts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:


No, I meant uniforms that are designed and conceived to appeal to streetwear, where the collab is more important and the fans are a secondary concern. 

 

City uniforms are meant to make money, but up until this every jersey had a (sometimes very thin) connection to the city, or at least it’s something that you could conceivably see used as a uniform for a franchise in that city. Here the intention was to have a Kith x Knicks uniform, much like some soccer teams have started using one off uniforms with branding from Humanrace or Palace (on a less apparent level, the Rams tags on their new uniforms). I’m pretty sure the biggest seller of this collection will be the Kith logo jersey. This is not a collection which is aimed primarily at the teams fans, this is aimed at hypebeasts

 

But that's exactly what I addressed. All these City and Earned uniforms apart from some exceptions (this year's Nuggets' and the Bucks' Cream editions come to mind) have been fashion uniforms that have little to do with the team identity or at least alienate substantially from it which used to exist only as streetwear merchandise for the crowd before, but now they have been brought onto the court as game uniforms. And I am against this.

 

This Knicks uni at least uses the team's colors and number font, while not having a contradicting wordmark. And if there's a team that can pull of a fashion jersey in the sense of a "City that never sleeps", it's New York.

EDIT: And BTW, the Nets already did this very thing with the Coogi unis.

Edited by truepg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

avant-garde

15 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

 
 

I don’t think these would have been quite as bad if the apparel Kith version had been replaced with a Knicks logo with the number where the ball is, I’ve always wanted to see that script used at least once. Apparently the circle is inspired by subway token (but if so, just use the subway token logo everyone loves!). And I’m REALLY not a fan of letting streetwear leak into on court stuff like it’s been happening in soccer.

 

He could have easily designed something fans would like. However, he decided to treat it like a modern art exhibit and did some weird "I'm avant-garde" flex. He embarrassed himself. He'll never get a chance like that again. Guaranteed.

 

On a side note, I really REALLY hate the fact that gradients on jersey's have become the "it" thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Am I the only one who actually likes the Heat’s gradient look?

Although I think the new gradient jersey is the worst of the Vice looks, I still think it’s a creative idea and a good “send-off” to the Vice brand (at least for now).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Takes from watching the preseason:

 

You can see the entire court now that the the fans are gone and I think arenas moved things around. that's nice for teams who have any design at the bottom like the bulls and the Chicago stars.

 

Trailblazers new court feels like nothings even new now that I see it through game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.