NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kg54mvp said:

I'm just gonna dream and pretend ads are going away. Some are not really all that bad, but these uniforms look much better without them.

It actually looks a little weird now since I was used to it the last couple of seasons. 

12 hours ago, Kg54mvp said:

Still nothing on the Timberwolves Jersey sponsor. Believe they cut ties with Fitbit. Will watch tonight but they would have a large announcement if I were to see anything.

If they're smart they'll upgrade to Garmin.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

My preseason takes for today: 

charlotte unis looking good as always. Their court though I wish the honeycomb patterns were more noticeable. Almost just looks like a regular plain solid color court. 

and it's a bummer seeing the cavs get rid of the iconic wine/maroon keys. After bringing back the iconic C logo in the middle like cmon u almost had it

IMG-7122.gif

4 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

charlotte unis looking good as always. Their court though I wish the honeycomb patterns were more noticeable. Almost just looks like a regular plain solid color court. 

and it's a bummer seeing the cavs get rid of the iconic wine/maroon keys. After bringing back the iconic C logo in the middle like cmon u almost had it

The Cavs can't stay out of their own way when it comes to having a brand that could easily be good. I know you're talking about their court but their uniform situation is an even bigger downgrade compared to what it used to be. IMO, their only jerseys from 2003-2016 (including all the alternates and throwbacks) that didn't look clean were the ones that Richard Jefferson and Iman Shumpert are modeling in the attached picture, and Shumpert's jersey is at least non-sleeved and in gold, wine, and white so I'll give it a pass. Of course, they won Game 7 of the 2016 Finals in that sleeved ugliness so there may be some attachment inside the organization to using black and having obnoxious stuff on their jerseys.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, mjd77 said:

You can add the Bucks to that list too.  The Harley patch is gone.

I know about them but completely forgotten.

14 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Pelicans actually revealed their sponsor a couple weeks ago with "Ibotta." No one really cared though we were kinda bummed that it wasn't a local brand but obviously it's highest bidder wins

Ok so they're gone from sponsorless list.

4r2eer.png

10 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

You keep using the word “iconic.” I don’t think it means what you think it means.

I was channel flipping last night and saw a bit of the Raptors/Hornets game on NBA TV. The new Raptors jerseys (at least the Icon) isn’t as bad in reality as it seemed like they might be from renderings or pics of the replicas on shopping racks. Still far from great but I think they might be better than the previous set.

6 hours ago, dont care said:

You keep using the word “iconic.” I don’t think it means what you think it means.

Well now u and the likers made me realize how stretch of a word "iconic" is. I'll just keep it at "signature" k. Signature C logo and signature wine paint. Both of which should always be on a cavaliers court. Better now?

im not backing from calling the big C that they won a championship iconic though. 

IMG-7122.gif

On 12/12/2020 at 4:12 AM, prof said:

Yes, you're right, the ad is annoying, but not as much as that awful banana yellow. I also prefer the white-purple-white trim instead of yellow-purple-white, but it's the lack of gold that really pisses me off.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

The Lakers new uniforms don't look like that in real life, that's the photo/lighting. They don't look anything like highlighter/banana yellow.

In past I posted a picture where Lakers jersey collector put all jerseys from champion to nike on themselves and 17/18 nike jersey was much brighter than others (Banana Yellow). Unfortunately photo expired. Anyway Nike should simply use same shade as they use for Jazz Statement.

Knicks:

but still no official release.

4r2eer.png

That's an embarrassment to humanity, not just the NBA.  Complete trash.  I feel bad for the designers who were tasked with making it.  Pretty much a no-win situation.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Well now u and the likers made me realize how stretch of a word "iconic" is. I'll just keep it at "signature" k. Signature C logo and signature wine paint. Both of which should always be on a cavaliers court. Better now?

im not backing from calling the big C that they won a championship iconic though. 

1 championship does not make something iconic. It did not put it on the same level as the Celtics court or uniforms, lakers color scheme, cowboys star on the helmet. The cavs could change away from that logo tomorrow and fans wouldn’t care (so long as the replacement is good). Any change to the ones I’ve mentioned would cause riots in the streets.

20 hours ago, Digby said:

“Blue is a Bucks color” is... a stretch.

Well, blue IS a Bucks color.  Undeniable fact.  Whether it should be, is a separate conversation.

In terms of them getting a blue jersey, I think that as NBA fans we just need to accept that any color jersey is fair game for any team, at any time, wherever and whenever they feel like it.  That's just the way things are headed, and no powers that be seem to be hitting the breaks.  

The Bucks will make more money by having a blue jersey than by not having a blue jersey, and that's all that matters.  That is why we will see these ridiculous unnecessary jerseys continue.

2 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

Well, blue IS a Bucks color.  Undeniable fact.  Whether it should be, is a separate conversation.

In terms of them getting a blue jersey, I think that as NBA fans we just need to accept that any color jersey is fair game for any team, at any time, wherever and whenever they feel like it.  That's just the way things are headed, and no powers that be seem to be hitting the breaks.  

The Bucks will make more money by having a blue jersey than by not having a blue jersey, and that's all that matters.  That is why we will see these ridiculous unnecessary jerseys continue.

The big home run they had were the cream city jerseys from last season.  Actually utilizing their team colors in a great way without BFBS.

3 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

The way the Bucks choose to incorporate blue is odd to say the least The fact they made a uniform that's only white and 3 shades of blue (two of which aren't used anywhere else) while excluding green and cream makes it even more odd.

Archived