NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

24 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

So even non playoff teams have earned editions now?

ย 

The new definition of "earned" is forming a $5937M Dream Team which will sell 5937M new jerseys. (see Brooklyn)

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the Nets finally did a subwayย theme!ย And the font looks like their 80s logo to boot.ย I'm betting the pattern will look better on the real thing.ย 

ย 

It's a shame those Suns ones won't see the light of day. I like the Jazz, Bucks and Nuggets too. Kind of cool to see a yellow Heat jersey but it needs a little red.

ย 

Clippers continue to lower the bar.

14 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

ย 

BTW It's weird to see Celtics in old Bucks colors.

ย 

It's a bit painful to see but I like them.ย  Bucks fans have been screaming forever for something with the '80s triple green to come back.

SO glad the Jazz are busting out a green uniform again. Iโ€™m liking the Nets ones a lot as well, Iโ€™m glad theyโ€™re finally diving into a subway look!

ย 

Iโ€™ve gotta say as well, I really wish the Suns had made the playoffs last year, because that earned edition is amazing. I really hope it gets worn in some form next year.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

these are all terrible.. i canโ€™t believe you guys/galsย are into this brand dilution nonsense. an irredeemable, brandย damagingย cash grab, all of them.

ย 

i know that may sound dramatic, but branding, team identities, teamโ€™s visualย histories are currentlyย just a total mess. looking at classic game photos or videos 50 (or whatever) years from now, weโ€™re going to see teams wearing 5 different disparate uniforms, just totally convoluted and disorganized.. and amateur. at least today when you watch old footage, you can immediately tell which teams are playing - even in the era of alternate jerseys, before jerseys went completely off the rails like they are now,ย there was some tie-in to the standard home/away look (not this icon/association or whatever BS.. how dumb do they think we are)

ย 

years and years of brand equityย down the drain so they can get a few thousand dip :censored: 14 year olds replyingย โ€œ๐Ÿ”ฅโ€ย on their teamโ€™s insta stories

ย 

what a shame. i donโ€™t consider myself a โ€˜get off my lawnโ€™ kind of guy, but i guess i am when it comes to this particular topic because itโ€™s something iโ€™m clearly maybe too passionate about, haha

The Earned uniforms for the Blazers and Heatย both desperately need some red IMO. I think theyโ€™re both fine,ย andย I actually like the idea of a silver uniform for the Blazers and a gold uniform for the Heat, but they both just look incomplete without at least aย little bit of redย trim. In both cases I actually think they wouldโ€™ve worked better as just a simple color swap of the teamsโ€™ normal home uniforms. So for the Blazers replace all of theย white on their normal homeย uniforms with silver, and for the Heat replace all of the white with gold.
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

These earned editions are 5000x times better than the City, they all look like actual alternates that are connected to the team and a few could probably be an upgrade over the regular sets with a few modifications (especially Brooklyn and Milwaukee).

ย 

This was noted by the OKC Tracker account but it looks like all the playoff teams have silver swooshes and the Lakers have gold as reigning champions. I really hate using the Nike brand as the NBA equivalent of the Scudetto

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Very creative logo creep by Nike on the Knicks City edition warmups and pants too. That NYC is obscenely large and takes the spot of every other teamโ€™s actual logo, but because the swoosh isnโ€™t any bigger than usual they can claim that itโ€™s not like equating their brand to the Knicks

spacer.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

LEAKED: Every 2021 NBA Earned Edition Uniform

December 16, 2020 - 05:03 AM

By golly, it sure feels like it’s been a while since we saw some NBA uniform leaks. Just when we thought we were done for the season, Twitter user @OKCTracker comes along and drops 18 leaked Earned Edition uniforms for the rapidly approaching 2020-21 season. OKCTracker tweeted each and every

Read More...

*Sigh* I actually like some of the recent city-edition uniforms and the leaks from earlier... but good lord these uniforms are getting exhausting.

ย 

There's just so many, and it's so obvious it's all a cash grab. Some of these could be actual full-time looks, others are just bad. When everyone tries to be unique by having 5, 6, 7, 8 uniforms each year, then no one is unique.ย 

ย 

At what point do these extra uniforms begin to dilute the teams' brands? IMO, I think we've crossed that threshold.ย 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Templateย  / Logan's Logos

ย 

Archived