NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

On 12/17/2020 at 4:45 AM, mgfoxx said:

Whoaaaaaaaa, looks like every NBA team is getting mashup throwbacks for NBA75 next season!

Holly cow, what the hell is that?! Jersey might not be that bad but shorts look like this overprice thing from just don.

I'd prefer a real throwback from inaugural season in a league for every team (Hornets already used home and away so I'd go with Bobcats for them and for Thunder just go back to 17/18 uniform) instead of mash-ups.

4r2eer.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Froob said:

Reverse retro?

It's more like the "Every Retro Design Here on One Jersey" program. 

The jersey is absolutely hideous, but the shorts are cool. But I think they might be one of a few that can pull something like that off.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 hours ago, Krz said:

Suns tracker on IG, posted this presumably for NBAs 75th next year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI36f4TlqKB/?igshid=fyned6759eu5

I actually love the idea of anniversary mashup uniforms, and there's some good ideas here (that side striping is awesome), but the execution here slightly misses the mark due to the clashing wordmark and number fonts.

The shorts also look nice in a vacuum but feel overdesigned when paired with the jerseys. They would have been better off just mirroring the side stripes from the jerseys.

I actually think that if they toned this down a bit, they could make a solid full-time uniform set out of this.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Fine as some dorky fashion jersey for hypebeasts but please don't let those see the court (esp not for 20% of games which you know is how it will go). For once I feel like here's an alternate scheme that can't be too sacreligious for the Celtics... right?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Froob said:

What’s wrong with the Suns jerseys? I like em.

Mostly it’s the western-style font clashing terribly with the modern italicized font, as well as the orbit oval with the numbers competing for attention with the bold side panels. Add to that the really bold shorts, and there’s just too much going on that doesn’t work together. All of these elements are fighting with each other rather than working together.

If you strip a few things down - for example, use only the side panels and the western font (wordmark + numbers) and leave it at that  - you’ve got something. But forcing all of this stuff to work together and convoluting the whole thing is, frankly, pretty terrible.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

If OKC uses any Sonics elements I'm going to punch a wall.

Though at this point, I'm pretty sure OKC has already had more uniforms than the Seattle Supersonics did in 40 years.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Though at this point, I'm pretty sure OKC has already had more uniforms than the Seattle Supersonics did in 40 years.

if I counted correctly, OKC already had 20 uniforms (with this season earned), 22 if you count this little triangle inside a collar not as a small piece but a separate uniforms:

r960-bc21c0856e92256666b1bf7340d28a83.jp

4r2eer.png

Instead of these mashups ... I would love to see actual throwbacks for each decade and then fauxbacks for teams not around in those decades. Imagine an Orlando Magic or Toronto Raptors’ 50s jersey. That could be a lot of fun.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, kimball said:

Instead of these mashups ... I would love to see actual throwbacks for each decade and then fauxbacks for teams not around in those decades. Imagine an Orlando Magic or Toronto Raptors’ 50s jersey. That could be a lot of fun.

Toronto has worn Huskies throwbacks in the past even though it's not the same franchise. Not sure who the Magic can throwback to, but if they "throwforward," or, say, "more ahead the clock" (MLB nod), then they can become the Orlando Science (Marvel's Thor nod).

19 hours ago, pepis21 said:

if I counted correctly, OKC already had 20 uniforms (with this season earned), 22 if you count this little triangle inside a collar not as a small piece but a separate uniforms:

According to this site, the Sonics had 18 or 20 if you consider tweaks new uniforms. So either way, 2 less than OKC has had in 12 years.

https://nbajerseydatabase.tumblr.com/post/163272453854/seattle-supersonics-1967-2008

Archived