NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, pepis21 said:

if I counted correctly, OKC already had 20 uniforms (with this season earned), 22 if you count this little triangle inside a collar not as a small piece but a separate uniforms:

r960-bc21c0856e92256666b1bf7340d28a83.jp

So will OKC reference their fauxback too or just lean into pissing off everyone in seattle? 

2 hours ago, bcon_731 said:

So will OKC reference their fauxback too or just lean into pissing off everyone in seattle? 

I don't think they want to mess with Seattle. Thunder themselves prefer to be not recognize as Sonics and being treat like an expansion team, this is why there are no Sonics banners in arena or Champioship tab on collar so I guess their Mashup will be made only from OKC jerseys.

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

I don't think they want to mess with Seattle. Thunder themselves prefer to be not recognize as Sonics and being treat like an expansion team, this is why there are no Sonics banners in arena or Champioship tab on collar so I guess their Mashup will be made only from OKC jerseys.

Plenty of bad ones to choose from.

5 hours ago, M4One said:

This has to be a first.  Raptors have hung their championship banner in Tampa.

It's nice that Raptors bring something from their home to a temporary arena. Btw when season would be closer to the end they should change their slogan to "We the south". It would be a nice way to say 'thank you' to Tampa.

4r2eer.png

On 12/18/2020 at 7:39 PM, pepis21 said:

It's nice that Raptors bring something from their home to a temporary arena. Btw when season would be closer to the end they should change their slogan to "We the south". It would be a nice way to say 'thank you' to Tampa.

Nike is probably working on a Tampa Bay Raptors jersey right now.  I'm joking, but would anyone be surprised if that happened?

Edit: They can call it the snowbird edition.

2 hours ago, M4One said:

Nike is probably working on a Tampa Bay Raptors jersey right now.  I'm joking, but would anyone be surprised if that happened?

It wouldn’t be a first for displaced teams, and probably far from the strangest thing to see considering the NBA gave us a red Valentine’s Day OKC Hornets jersey.

92u3snx3pne51.jpgg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

21 hours ago, pepis21 said:

It is kind of funny that of all their options that they ended up SO FAR away. (I was assuming Newark or a share with Brooklyn, personally.) Can't beat that joke pastels Tampa Raptors concept for me. As gaudy corny streetwear jerseys go, I'd take that over whatever they're actually wearing for a City/Earned.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

It is kind of funny that of all their options that they ended up SO FAR away.

I was surprised by this too, especially that they play in Atlantic Division where all teams are on northside so Louisville (that was my type) or Newark were theoreticaly a more rational options.

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

It is kind of funny that of all their options that they ended up SO FAR away. (I was assuming Newark or a share with Brooklyn, personally.) Can't beat that joke pastels Tampa Raptors concept for me. As gaudy corny streetwear jerseys go, I'd take that over whatever they're actually wearing for a City/Earned.

I don't know if the weather had anything to do with it, but I rather be in Florida in the winter than in the Northeast.  

On 12/19/2020 at 8:26 PM, pepis21 said:

I was surprised by this too, especially that they play in Atlantic Division where all teams are on northside so Louisville (that was my type) or Newark were theoreticaly a more rational options.

I thought Kansas City or Louisville had the most potential to offer an experience similar to what the Hornets received with Oklahoma City. They're cities that seem to realize they'd be hosting a one-year rental, but saw this as an opportunity to show that they're capable of being a full-time member of the league. 

Not to say Tampa couldn't be the same, but for some reason I've never considered that city in the conversation about aspirant NBA host cities. 

47 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I’ve decided I don’t like the Hawks’ new uniforms. Too plain and conservative, and all the yellow touching white hurts my eyes. 

They meant well but didn’t execute. 

Agree. The only one that looks interesting is the black one, but it was so from the beginning too.

The yellow-on-white doesn't bother me as much on the white jersey, but it's awful on the red jersey. One of my sports design truisms: any red and yellow team ought to minimize white and channel the flag of Belgium. Quick and dirty mockup, but I think the color balance and readability is miles ahead anyway.

FqZSsOYl.jpg

I dunno, I think the Hawks' might be worse! But they're both examples of the same problem. I do like the black outline/yellow text on the Hawks, though, whereas I'm quite sure the Bucks would be better served by going single-color printing, no outline necessary.

The AtlHawks always look better with black mixed in with red and yellow, as do the Flames. Only the Chiefs should use red, yellow, and white. Not crazy about the traditionalist approach; their history was one of going out of the box for a pretty long time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

NBA 2020-21 New Uniform and Logo Roundup

December 22, 2020 - 02:10 AM

With the 2020-21 NBA regular season now underway, SportsLogos.Net has put together this recap showing you all the changes that have happened across the league over this oh-so-briefest of off-seasons. Three teams have entirely new uniforms, a few others have introduced new primary and alternate logos, and of course, there

Read More...

Archived