NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea why Atlanta doesn't go back to the mid/late 80's jerseys with some modernized touches.  They've been doing this undecided bullcrap for decades now. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 12/21/2020 at 11:02 AM, Digby said:

The yellow-on-white doesn't bother me as much on the white jersey, but it's awful on the red jersey. One of my sports design truisms: any red and yellow team ought to minimize white and channel the flag of Belgium. Quick and dirty mockup, but I think the color balance and readability is miles ahead anyway.

FqZSsOYl.jpg

They were so close. so close.

I will say, in the highlights I've seen, the new teal Hornets jersey looks really good. It's still not perfect and I disagree with the general direction the brand is heading in, but it's definitely an improvement and it looks nice on the court. I don't like it enough to buy a jersey, but it's still good. Looking forward to seeing the City jerseys as well.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, njdevs7 said:

Whats good with the earned jerseys when do they get released/go on sale?

I don't have any official info, but the rumor is Spring, i believe. probably the 2nd half of the season, since Lockervision only has the season planned out til March 4th, not featuring Earned uniforms any time before March 5th.

Lakers are at home in yellow playing Clippers on the road in in blue. It's such a good looking game, with colors popping due to all of the black in the background.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, Conrad. said:

I don't have any official info, but the rumor is Spring, i believe. probably the 2nd half of the season, since Lockervision only has the season planned out til March 4th, not featuring Earned uniforms any time before March 5th.

A source told me that brazilian NBA Store will start selling Lakers Earned at april 1st. So I expect US and Euro stores selling by late february/early march.

But I have to rememder that pandemic could change everything, specially outside US.

19 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Lakers are at home in yellow playing Clippers on the road in in blue. It's such a good looking game, with colors popping due to all of the black in the background.

It's almost like if teams wore their proper colors at the correct times, most matchups would look pretty good. 

(Not a dig at you, but the league) 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

2 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

It's almost like if teams wore their proper colors at the correct times, most matchups would look pretty good. 

(Not a dig at you, but the league) 

Yeah, totally. Nike's color choices are kind of exhausting.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

51 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Fixed that for you. 

Nike’s what? Just Nike in general? If that’s the case, as @Digby showed they aren’t the only manufacturer to make dumb choices. It also means giving no responsibility to the teams or league that have shown that they don’t care so long as they are making money.

31 minutes ago, ChiCity95 said:

If this isn't the right place to post this, then feel free to redirect me, but the Bulls' court now has Fanduel ads on the baselines, as shown in this Tweet below:

Unfortunately this is the appropriate place. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Nike’s what? Just Nike in general? If that’s the case, as @Digby showed they aren’t the only manufacturer to make dumb choices. It also means giving no responsibility to the teams or league that have shown that they don’t care so long as they are making money.

Thanks for the lecture, but that overused trope is giving way too much credit to the teams. 

Yes, Adidas made some stupid choices and the teams didn't say no. But it wasn't the teams that came up with the idea to trot out sleeved jerseys, just like it wasn't the teams that came up with this Nike-driven masturbatory exercise in brand dilution that we're seeing now with this rolling circus of clown suits.

Sure, teams signed off. But when the every team in the league is obligated to roll out an entire four-set wardrobe, the majority of which are in contrast to their core brands, then there's not a whole lot of room in there for dissension. This is Nike and its team of marketing wizards convincing a league to buy it's bill of goods. 

2 hours ago, ChiCity95 said:

If this isn't the right place to post this, then feel free to redirect me, but the Bulls' court now has Fanduel ads on the baselines, as shown in this Tweet below:

I just saw it. Horrendous. Some local company should try to buy the space to restore the full script. Not surprising Reinsdorf would be the first to approve this atrocity when the Bulls court is one of the two most iconic in the NBA. Also nice to see the gift wrapped cars have already replaced fans

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived