NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

6 hours ago, Primzahl said:

Watching this Kings/Nugs game and i noticed the purple on the Kings jerseys is completely different from the purple everywhere else. It's all i see now too. Wack.

It’s more a problem with purple in general. For what ever reason purple is really hard to match across multiple materials and lighting. The differences are much more apparent than other colors.

3 hours ago, MkDon said:

Sorry Oklahoma but allowing this kind of ads on the court will never make you a big market team. Like the ads on the stands are not enough we have to see those horrendous yellow things on the court? :(

spacer.png

Just about every team is doing this. It has nothing to do with trying to be big market

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Just about every team is doing this. It has nothing to do with trying to be big market

I'm from Europe and i always liked NBA because it looked classier than those EuroLeague courts that have all kind of ads over them. Also there are ways to incorporate ads without looking this gross with the yellow outline (not that i approve them but other teams incorporated ads better with their team colors). I said it looks small market because in Europe teams from small cities put these kind of ads, where the ads are more valuable than the teams itself. :D

I'd rather every team make the switch to colored uniforms at home, because that's the way things are trending (rightfully so, in my opinion) and because it seems like every alt Nike puts out is colored. The problem is every team needs to do it, and stick with it, because if we can't have a competent uniform system the least we can have is consistency in what team is wearing colors.

8 hours ago, MkDon said:

Sorry Oklahoma but allowing this kind of ads on the court will never make you a big market team. Like the ads on the stands are not enough we have to see those horrendous yellow things on the court? :(

spacer.png

Funny that you mention that, because the first that I saw of anything like this was on the Raptors court when the Pelicans first played them this season. I thought that it may have been a temporary thing for their stay in Tampa, but it seems that a lot of teams are doing it now.

7Zx118d.png

14 minutes ago, henburg said:

Funny that you mention that, because the first that I saw of anything like this was on the Raptors court when the Pelicans first played them this season. I thought that it may have been a temporary thing for their stay in Tampa, but it seems that a lot of teams are doing it now.

7Zx118d.png

Yep, was also disappointed seeing this from the Raptors Organization which usually pays attention to details.

45 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

IF this is just for this season, its OK. They are getting 0 gate revenue due to Covid so they need to recoup that money somehow. But if this goes past this season...(I'm sure it will)

Pandora’s Box has been opened unfortunately. These aren’t ever going to go away now.

9 hours ago, QCS said:

I'd rather every team make the switch to colored uniforms at home, because that's the way things are trending (rightfully so, in my opinion) and because it seems like every alt Nike puts out is colored. The problem is every team needs to do it, and stick with it, because if we can't have a competent uniform system the least we can have is consistency in what team is wearing colors.

I don’t like it because the home team starts blending in with the court on the baselines and paint areas.

So unless I’m missing any the teams that are using baseline ads are

Kings

Cavaliers 

Thunder

Bulls

Raptors

Sixers

It also looks like they allowed ads on the opposite sideline (the one that’s usually covered by people watching on TV) now, looking at the Mavs court. If it was COVID only that’s the ad space I wouldn’t have minded. Really sad how they don’t realize how multiple ads devalue their brand and makes everything look minor league

1 hour ago, UnclearInitial said:

So unless I’m missing any the teams that are using baseline ads are

Kings

Cavaliers 

Thunder

Bulls

Raptors

Sixers

It also looks like they allowed ads on the opposite sideline (the one that’s usually covered by people watching on TV) now, looking at the Mavs court. If it was COVID only that’s the ad space I wouldn’t have minded. Really sad how they don’t realize how multiple ads devalue their brand and makes everything look minor league

Sixers debuted a baseline ad for Rothman Orthopedics last night.

Every team in the league will have one. If they don't have one yet, it's because they haven't sold it yet.

We are reaching a point of ad clutter. Between the on-court baseline and apron, basket stanchion, seat covers, etc. I wonder when the clutter devalues the impact of the ads.

15 minutes ago, Digby said:

Celtics don't have one, but they've had the "TD Garden" there (which I assume counts as a corporate ad?) for as long as the arena's been called that, never the team wordmark.

Didn't they have "Fleet Center" on the end line when the arena first opened?