NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, colortv said:

Does anyone know why the Lakers wear the gold uniforms nonstop?

On top of what others have said, with more teams wearing colors at home, the only jersey we have that truly contrasts other teams is the gold jersey. (I personally don’t mind wearing the gold jersey all the time since it believe it makes the games look aesthetically pleasing, no matter who we play)

The purple jersey is growing on me but I’d still rather than scrap it and get it right, but purple at Staples Center doesn’t look bad, so I was hoping they’d do that like once every week/two weeks at a home game.

However, the blue classic, and white city jersey look dumb as hell on the regular Staples Center, and despite how beautiful those jerseys are, Jeanie really dropped the ball not creating a fauxback court to match the uni. 

On 12/31/2020 at 7:48 PM, Pyromania1983 said:

It does look nice but it isn't look Rockets AT ALL. In fact, it was worsened by the fact that it was against the Kings, of all teams, who have used very similar colors before in their history and over the course of the past few seasons. Typically it would have been the Kings in light blue and red against the Rockets in black. Took me a moment to realize it was in fact the opposite tonight.

Sacramento Kings v Houston Rockets : News Photo

The trend of “teams wearing a uniform that’s the same color as a color your opponent has worn recently” continues.

Anyways, those Rockets Luv Ya Blue uniforms look great in a vacuum, but they just don’t fit the Rockets one bit. Now, I’m intrigued by the idea by the Rockets introducing the light blue into a primarily-red look as trim (especially seeing that Houston is absolutely hellbent on not going back to Red/Yellow), but it would be a very slippery slope—we don’t need any more blue in the NBA.

Anyways, I saw that last night’s Clippers/Jazz tilt in Salt Lake City looked like you would think it would—Utah in white at home and the Clippers in (royal) blue.

This will probably fall on deaf ears, but: more of this, please, NBA.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Yesterday brought us this matchup as well, which was a really nice-looking color-vs-color game with easy contrast. Only problem was the Suns doing the dorky chest logo thing, though OTOH I don't need any more of their bevels in my life.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

34 minutes ago, Digby said:

Yesterday brought us this matchup as well, which was a really nice-looking color-vs-color game with easy contrast. Only problem was the Suns doing the dorky chest logo thing, though OTOH I don't need any more of their bevels in my life.

Off the top of my head, I don’t know if this game was in Denver or Phoenix, but this would be an ideal Phoenix color-vs-color matchup: Home team generally in lighter colors (Yellow/Gold, Orange, Light Blue, Light Gray, Lime Green, etc.), road in darker colors.

If the NBA can figure out to do this the majority of the time, then I can live with it.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

On 12/30/2020 at 7:56 PM, pagan696 said:

the DAL Mavs retro/"classic" green unis and throwback logos throughout the arena look nice tonight vs Hornets.

I fully expected to love the Dallas throwbacks, but for some reason I don't.

I don't know, color at home doesn't really bother me. Maybe that thinking is a relic of the olden days of an alternate/third jersey seeming ~special~, and typically of a team color, and why would you want to wear the special thing without home fans?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Digby said:

I don't know, color at home doesn't really bother me. Maybe that thinking is a relic of the olden days of an alternate/third jersey seeming ~special~, and typically of a team color, and why would you want to wear the special thing without home fans?

Or maybe it’s just the least odious of the many faults of the NBA uniform program.

The new Raptors uniforms are mostly nice, but I still can't help but feel the color balance was done poorly. I like this template better and the chevron wordmarks are a favorite of mine, but looking back now, the last set did much a much better job of incorporating white and silver trim to create more balance. Something about the absence of that silver trim makes it all feel much more generic and almost amateur by comparison.

hi-res-20f7d0da0390e8aea1bb3f2dfec4e354_

hi-res-77412ce1d8655c958919512f42647e72_

spacer.png

9 hours ago, Digby said:

I love that there’s an orange Suns jersey, but I hate — hate, hate, hate, hate — the execution on this jersey. It’s just so lazy. 

Not to mention the beveling on everything is annoying and overdone. At least it was bearable with the modern sunburst design. I don’t understand why they ditched those for the current obsolete set?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Yeah, the Suns set as a whole is just so...I don’t know, average? Forgettable maybe? There’s just nothing special about it to me. The wordmark beveling and the butt stripe are both dated, all the modern elements just look slapped on and “there”, and the sun on the orange jersey reeks of afterthought. It’s all just as “meh” as a modern uniform set can get.

The city uniform has a lot of promise (despite the nickname on the front), but that’s really just about all they’ve got going for them currently. None of the other uniforms in thier set are anything to write home about.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

10 hours ago, henburg said:

The new Raptors uniforms are mostly nice, but I still can't help but feel the color balance was done poorly. I like this template better and the chevron wordmarks are a favorite of mine, but looking back now, the last set did much a much better job of incorporating white and silver trim to create more balance. Something about the absence of that silver trim makes it all feel much more generic and almost amateur by comparison.

hi-res-20f7d0da0390e8aea1bb3f2dfec4e354_

hi-res-77412ce1d8655c958919512f42647e72_

They don’t need the silver, especially since it’s only on the wordmark it gets completely lost, and because of that it tricks the eye into thinking the arm and collar trim is white too.

12 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

gn23b0Z.jpg

Feel like they really need a red chevron on the chest. Or at least make the pinstripes (yes there's pinstripes) much more noticeable so you can clearly tell it's a different design instead of the same regular design but remove the chevron 

IMG-7122.gif

24 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Out of all the new uniforms, the best one IMO is the new city edition for the Hornets. I can get past the whole “Buzz City” thing. It doesn’t bother me. The mint, gold, and black work so well with each other.

spacer.png

Maybe for Memphis, not the hornets

On 1/2/2021 at 2:52 PM, mjd77 said:

I fully expected to love the Dallas throwbacks, but for some reason I don't.

It's a great jersey...for a new team.  It just doesn't say "Mavs" to me at all.  It reminds me of a team uniform or something else (might not even be from basketball), but I cannot remember what it was.  Argh... #TipOfMyTongue

Archived