SportsLogos.Net News

NBA Changes 2020/21

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Out of all the new uniforms, the best one IMO is the new city edition for the Hornets. I can get past the whole “Buzz City” thing. It doesn’t bother me. The mint, gold, and black work so well with each other.

spacer.png

 

"Buzz City" is super corny, but this feels like one of those occasions where the City jersey should become the new uniform. It's better than the teal and purple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've sort of grown to hate the Nets court, even though I appreciated the innovation at the start. First of all -- their brand was so well-executed when they moved, but it's become muddled, and here's a prime example. The hardwood wants to be hip-yuppie-Restoration Hardware Brooklyn, the baseline art wants to be 70s modernist subway Brooklyn, the jerseys want to be 80s/90s hip-hop era Brooklyn. (And that's not even considering the basic logo/wordmark representing the old subway look.)

 

But also, the grayed-out court look has a way of making the opposing team's color jerseys the stars, esp if the Nets wear gray themselves. Most times the home court/jersey integration makes the away team look like they're out of place, but I've not seen one that makes the home team look invisible.

 

(Example from last season, obvi.)

 

getty-images-1192414410.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it’s slightly muddled with what you’ve said. I’m still fine with a majority of it because it still FEELS like Brooklyn. I might be in the minors here, but I actually love when the Nets wear gray against teams in their color jerseys. I actually like any color vs color combo on that court, the colors pop and it’s just eye candy for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

"Buzz City" is super corny, but this feels like one of those occasions where the City jersey should become the new uniform. It's better than the teal and purple.

This is a prime example of why the "NBA 25 jerseys for each team program" sucks. This example may be a great jersey to become the new uniform but it will be gone in a year or two. Look at Denver, I guess they really are going to use every color of the rainbow to make their CITY jerseys. In fact, the Nuggets and Jazz are starting to look like they are having a "Lets see how many colors we can put in a jersey contest" with their last few CITY jerseys. Houston looks like 1980s Sacramento, Mavericks...WTF. NBA jersey program.... Terrible, just terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sayahh said:

It's a great jersey...for a new team.  It just doesn't say "Mavs" to me at all.  It reminds me of a team uniform or something else (might not even be from basketball), but I cannot remember what it was.  Argh... #TipOfMyTongue

Kinda gives me 2016 and 2020 Pro Bowl jersey vibes.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joekono said:

This is a prime example of why the "NBA 25 jerseys for each team program" sucks. This example may be a great jersey to become the new uniform but it will be gone in a year or two. Look at Denver, I guess they really are going to use every color of the rainbow to make their CITY jerseys. In fact, the Nuggets and Jazz are starting to look like they are having a "Lets see how many colors we can put in a jersey contest" with their last few CITY jerseys. Houston looks like 1980s Sacramento, Mavericks...WTF. NBA jersey program.... Terrible, just terrible.

Not sure how you can say that about the jazz when they have had only 2 city jerseys that shared the same color scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Memphis debuted their throwbacks last night against the Lakers:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those really are wonderful for the Grizz, though the effect is somewhat lost that they ended up rolling with those the same year they're debuting a City uniform that's functionally a modern update of those. (Also Marc Gasol's presence in that photo is just so disorienting!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Digby said:

Those really are wonderful for the Grizz, though the effect is somewhat lost that they ended up rolling with those the same year they're debuting a City uniform that's functionally a modern update of those. (Also Marc Gasol's presence in that photo is just so disorienting!)

 

Are you talking about him playing for the road team in Memphis, or how he looks like he's had a stroke and can't control half of his body?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

Are you talking about him playing for the road team in Memphis, or how he looks like he's had a stroke and can't control half of his body?


the part where he’s both away to Memphis and also, as ever, his own brother recast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First Miami vice versa game is tonight!  Looks good on the court.  The gradient colors in the key could be more gradual, too stark for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that Heat paint area is maybe the worst of all time...yeeeesh. certainly makes me want to not watch them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVE IT 🥰 

 

Miami Heat man you guys did it 

 

how old are you guys on the thread 94? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

This is a :censored:ing abomination:

spacer.png


I don’t mean this as an “I hate this because I’m a traditionalist grump” thing, but am completely serious: this is literally hurting my eyes. Wow.

 

These looked softer and more like trix yogurt when they were revealed, but these look WAY more saturated and stark on the court. Speaking just for myself, my eyes are fairly sensitive and strain easy (always have to wear blue light glasses when looking at screens, can’t watch 3D movies, harshly saturated old color films give my eyes fits, etc); so I truly don’t mean to sound dramatic, but this is an unwatchable uniform for me personally. Something about the saturation of the cyan and magenta, the starkness of the gradient, and the colors competing everywhere on the court is too much. Terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, there's no reason for me to like that, but I can't bring myself to hate it. I like it in a purely ironic way, but I do like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.