NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect scenario for those who prefer vice full time: 

white and black as the two main jerseys. Blue for statement. And pink for city (and it DOES NOT change) (or switch blue and pink depends on what you wanna see more assuming statement jerseys get more games)

IMG-7122.gif

30 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

Perfect scenario for those who prefer vice full time: 

white and black as the two main jerseys. Blue for statement. And pink for city (and it DOES NOT change) (or switch blue and pink depends on what you wanna see more assuming statement jerseys get more games)

I'd just make the black version of the Vice their permanent Statement uni and make their current red uni the permanent Icon uni. No more normal black uni or other colors of the Vice, and if you want either of those color applications to come back, incorporate them into the rotating City uniforms. And while you're at it, burn all evidence of this season's City unis and court.

I can't get behind making Vice full-time because I fear it may feel gimmicky in a couple years, but more importantly, the Heat have the modern classic set in the NBA -- all three jerseys. That they've also had such success with an alternate brand when almost all their NBA brethren are spinning their wheels is really something.

To me the original sin is simply that these jerseys have to change every single year. If Miami has found four good Vice jerseys, let them cycle through as alternates until the shtick gets tired, or just pick your favorite as the permanent Vice alt. If Utah wants to keep the desert gradient indefinitely, let them. Maybe bringing back the white Vice jersey knocks down your merchandising revenue a bit next year, but guess what, so will switching to a new City scheme that isn't as successful (which seems a likely bet based on the rest of the league).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

52 minutes ago, Digby said:

I can't get behind making Vice full-time because I fear it may feel gimmicky in a couple years, but more importantly, the Heat have the modern classic set in the NBA -- all three jerseys. That they've also had such success with an alternate brand when almost all their NBA brethren are spinning their wheels is really something.

To me the original sin is simply that these jerseys have to change every single year. If Miami has found four good Vice jerseys, let them cycle through as alternates until the shtick gets tired, or just pick your favorite as the permanent Vice alt. If Utah wants to keep the desert gradient indefinitely, let them. Maybe bringing back the white Vice jersey knocks down your merchandising revenue a bit next year, but guess what, so will switching to a new City scheme that isn't as successful (which seems a likely bet based on the rest of the league).

This. Except they already feel gimmicky to a degree.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

This. Except they already feel gimmicky to a degree.

Vice is the perfect alternate for Miami. Rotate the four vice looks (or keep white or pink permanently) as the city uniform and keep the regular set as is.

Minor tweaks when needed to keep it fresh but Miami should stick with their current look for a long time

Yeah, it is. And they're going out with a whimper, because the gradient looks like garbage. Especially from far away -- they look like clown suits, and I mean that literally.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The white shirsey with the gradient accented wordmark and numbers looked a whole lot better. They should have went with that as a full uniform base instead, it would’ve carried thier concept while being a whole lot easier on the eyes.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

That teal-red matchup makes me wonder if that was a game that was dreary to watch for the color blind. Hopefully it was more discernible than the Jets-Bills Christmas pajama matchup from a few years ago.

(That being said, yes, it was a very pretty matchup)

After watching the Jazz games on local broadcasts, I'm curious. Is it weird for anyone else to see local company ads on the courts of opposing teams? Jazz broadcasts have had Vivint (sponsor of their home arena) opposite of the other team's court/arena name/sponsor and locally based banks such as Zions Bank or America First Credit Union inside the 3 point arc opposite of the team's logos.

I really don't like the clutter of logos on the courts

Another great color v. color matchup with the Nets-Sixers game.

But, as great as the Nets' throwback jersey is, they effed up BIG TIME with those numbers! Not only was the #7 and #1 off as noted previously, but the #2 is blocked and not slanted like the originals. I can look past the small differences in the #1 and #7, but if you mess up the #2s in throwbacks ... no, just no. You lose me.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 hours ago, kimball said:

Another great color v. color matchup with the Nets-Sixers game.

But, as great as the Nets' throwback jersey is, they effed up BIG TIME with those numbers! Not only was the #7 and #1 off as noted previously, but the #2 is blocked and not slanted like the originals. I can look past the small differences in the #1 and #7, but if you mess up the #2s in throwbacks ... no, just no. You lose me.

NBA: Nets' new Classic Edition unis show off their colorful history

Yeah as a uniform nerd I'm not sure why they changed a few details like the outlines and font. Seems like as the official outfitter of the NBA, Nike should be a bit better on the details. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I love those Nets throwbacks, despite the issues you've all pointed out. That's what I like to see from an alternate uniform program. 

As for the Hornets, I still contend the changes they made were an overcorrection. I thought the prior set could use fine-tuning, but these new ones have an over-reliance on white and teal. They feel out of balance. The purple is way too underplayed, and the white neck and shoulder trim is way too much. 

Archived