NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

On 1/18/2021 at 11:22 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Just turned it on and, yep, to the casual viewer it would make no sense. Not only that, but the scorebugs show light blue for the Knicks -- who are in black and dark blue for the Magic -- who are in orange and white.

Ozb5Czc.png

This is dumb.

Too much blue, Knicks need to outline the court in orange instead.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, colortv said:

It was blue before it was orange, I wonder if they did it because blue paint contrasts better with the orange ball/rim on tv

Either way, the orange keys fit them better. And never had any problems with visibility regarding it.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:22 PM, Krz said:

Uhhh,

spacer.png

spacer.png

I think the Nike template (no weird collar) and more saturated blue make it better, plus the way they did Oklahoma over city was always bad.

The collar and color are superior, but they still place Oklahoma over city on the white jersey. And this version has Cowboys syndrome, using only light blue/yellow/orange trim on the association, but navy/yellow/orange trim on the icon.

On 1/24/2021 at 8:32 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The collar and color are superior, but they still place Oklahoma over city on the white jersey. And this version has Cowboys syndrome, using only light blue/yellow/orange trim on the association, but navy/yellow/orange trim on the icon.

You would think after all this time I would know which one is the association and which one is the icon but I don’t. So which one is which.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

You would think after all this time I would know which one is the association and which one is the icon but I don’t. So which one is which.

On 1/24/2021 at 8:32 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The collar and color are superior, but they still place Oklahoma over city on the white jersey. And this version has Cowboys syndrome, using only light blue/yellow/orange trim on the association(white), but navy/yellow/orange trim on the icon(blue).

On 1/18/2021 at 10:52 AM, Lights Out said:

Nothing's stopping OKC from doing that other than themselves. It's not the "NBA money grab," it's the Thunder wanting to look as generic as possible.

Well, if that's the case, not ONE team has stood up and said "Nope, we are keeping our home and roads only", especially teams like the Lakers and Celtics. So, if the teams have the last say, that's some average 30 for 30.

I'm surprised to see it, but the front page of r/NBA features a post complaining about the blue Lakers jersey on the blue 76ers court.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/l6kaf1/lakers_wear_blue_jerseys_on_phillys_blue_home/

(Displayed as a link due to explicit language).

Maybe more people care about this stuff than we thought.

the user formerly known as cdclt

22 minutes ago, QCS said:

I'm surprised to see it, but the front page of r/NBA features a post complaining about the blue Lakers jersey on the blue 76ers court.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/l6kaf1/lakers_wear_blue_jerseys_on_phillys_blue_home/

It's about time. Taking a dump on uniforms common sense is getting absolutely out of hands... The Lakers should be wearing gold at home and purple (minus black) on the road at least 90% of the time.

31 minutes ago, QCS said:

maybe people don’t care when the Celtics use a different typeface or when the Rockets swap red and black on their away unis or whatever ... but “actually, the Lakers are a blue and white team now” can only go so far.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, QCS said:

I think most people don't mind the uniform conventions being a little more flexible. the nets in a blue tie-dye throwback, the lakers wearing white alts, boston wearing green at home, color vs. color, etc. But LA playing on the road in all blue on a mostly blue court while the sixers are in red is legitimately confusing beyond a "uniform" convention standpoint. the mavericks going on the road in white and gold against the bucks who are wearing mavs colors on a black and green court is actually confusing to my friends who dont care about uniforms. hopefully the nba learns from this like they did the t-shirt jersey experiment.

2 hours ago, jp1409 said:

It's about time. Taking a dump on uniforms common sense is getting absolutely out of hands... The Lakers should be wearing gold at home and purple (minus black) on the road at least 90% of the time.

Pointing Up Morgan Freeman GIF by MOODMAN

Archived