NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

On 1/28/2021 at 7:48 PM, pelicanfan said:

the new okc jerseys look great and are really fresh aswell as their new slightly improved court. if i were to start a franchise i'd easily choose their new set over the old ones

but oddly enough, i prefer how their uniforms were before, just cause of nostalgia. when i think of the Thunder i instantly think of that sort of faded blue uniform with the stripe running down the side and that old court which there's been countless memories on (i know the court thing is a stretch)

I think OKC is in desperate need of a rebrand. The time is right too with the end of the KD/Westbrook era.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

Safe to say tonight's Lakers-Celtics game was the worst looking in the history of their rivalry? 😬

Unpopular Opinion: I do not mind those Celtics uniforms. They could be much worse than they are letting on.

Agreed. There isn't any blatantly offensive about this set to me at all. Boring? Yeah, but considering what it's trying to emulate, there's not much more to add to it. Overall, it's a fine alternate and a decent uniform, not something you can say about most City looks.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

12 hours ago, dont care said:

It’s not about the players, it’s about the fans wanting to see teams wearing their best looks in iconic matchups and rivalries.

But, do they? I mean, all of us on these boards do. But, the vast majority of fans are somewhat indifferent.

These marquee games are primetime to put $$$$$ over aesthetics. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

18 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

Safe to say tonight's Lakers-Celtics game was the worst looking in the history of their rivalry? 😬

Game was in TD Garden, so Celtics in white and Lakers in purple aren't what fans always want to see when game is in Boston?

4r2eer.png

17 hours ago, colortv said:

I think OKC is in desperate need of a rebrand. The time is right too with the end of the KD/Westbrook era.

Long ago. I'd say from the beginning, but if they did a proper job back then, there wouldn't be such a question to begin with.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

You don’t think they’d sell more product if they spread it out keeping the uniforms in the public’s self conscious for longer?

Jerseys are an impulse buy and HWCs are very often limited in supply and sell out early. Try finding a Durant HWC anywhere...you can't, the major stores are sold out (custom is available but usually more expensive). . 

https://store.nba.com/kevin-durant/a-72897950+z-846405-3322361823

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

so basically every single Lakers vs Celtics game should be the same exact formula? No alternates at all?

Lakers in straight yellow at home and Celtics in straight green in LA

Celtics in straight white at home and Lakers in straight purple (no black side) in Boston?

I went through all the different match up you guys posted and they were diverted from the same ole boring formula and mixed things up a little, but yet you people complian.

Guys please get over it, we have 5 or 6 jerseys a year its 2021 and multiple courts. 

If you want to see the same traditional uniform match up go re-watch Lakers vs Celtics from the 1980s. 

Im sick of you people lol

1 hour ago, andregunts said:

so basically every single Lakers vs Celtics game should be the same exact formula? No alternates at all?

Most of the time – of course. And the whole league, not only the Lakers or Celtics.

Guys please get over it, we have 5 or 6 jerseys a year its 2021 and multiple courts. 

Uniforms are there to represent the team and its brand to be easily distinguished. Not to lead to confusion. Also, fashion jerseys are fashion jerseys, and should remain such.

-

As a general note, with the home-away designation totally gone and games played also color on color, the only way to know now which the home team is is the court. And that's not the very first thing you pay attention to. Distinguishing should be automatic by seeing the players, like it used to be, when you turned on a game and saw the home team playing in white (light).

19 minutes ago, truepg said:

As a general note, with the home-away designation totally gone and games played also color on color, the only way to know now which the home team is is the court. And that's not the very first thing you pay attention to. Distinguishing should be automatic by seeing the players, like it used to be, when you turned on a game and saw the home team playing in white (light).

It's gone beyond not knowing the home team to now knowing the teams period. I'm as plugged into the NBA as anyone, and I really shouldn't have an issue turning on a game and knowing who the teams are. That has happened multiple times this season; way more than any year previous.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I have no problems with alternates, even more than one, but I think Lakers-Celtics should stick to their default looks and keep the historic throughline back to Bird/Magic and even the latter years of Russell/West. There are 400something possible matchups of NBA teams and maybe like 10 that are historic enough to shy away from alternates as a rule, it’s not exactly a big stubborn ask. Alternates are great for random February games against Minnesota, sure.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

The ONLY reason why people cant tell who's playing is because the scorebugs only show the team's main color.  If the Bulls are in black and gold, the scorebug should be black with the gold logo.  If the Lakers are in their city edition, the scorebug should be white with a blue logo.

Have the scorebugs match the uniforms and everything is fine.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Archived