SportsLogos.Net News

NBA Changes 2020/21

53a317ee69beddff38dfb226?width=1100&form

171019_header_thecollection.jpg?w=756&h=

purple_uniform_web_main_window_1148x442_

191c50d9e6c9cac24f01a304d617de8c.jpg

Solid uniform identity before but they were missing the double pinstripes and outlines on the numbers...

Then they do this bullsh**

Screen-Shot-2020-08-31-at-6.16.16-PM.png

Statement-Uniform-1.jpg

They need to go back and ADD purple to the icon and association. Change the statement to read "Charlotte or Hornets"

And keep the Mint and Gold but eliminate that "Buzz City". Easy peasy honey squeezey

One of my favorite phenomenons from this forum is people bragging about how long it takes them to figure out which teams are playing in a game. Do you really not recognize a single player?

19 minutes ago, Blazersfan38 said:

One of my favorite phenomenons from this forum is people bragging about how long it takes them to figure out which teams are playing in a game. Do you really not recognize a single player?

72457182_original.jpg?1300255482

WATCH-LeBron-James-Left-Frustrated-After

basketball-nba-playoffs-los-angeles-lake

getty-images-1230555693.jpg

Not really

It is easy enough to figure out that Dallas are silver and gold for a night, sure, although the lack of scorebug consistency from the broadcasters is still a sore spot.

But for the most part people feel an attachment to their team’s brand, which I think ought to be obvious to anyone on this board. Doesn’t mean nothing can ever evolve, but it also doesn’t mean longtime Bulls fans are gonna just be cool about watching their team wear some ugly grey and gold number instead of what we all know and love as the Bulls.

You see anyone walking around with a piece of merch in that kelly green color and it’s a safe bet it’s Celtics merch, and has been that way for literal decades. Sorry if you find it boring but longevity and history has value. Some people might want a different jersey design to buy but I think a lot more people want their team to look like their team.

2 hours ago, andregunts said:

I give up man, the NBA is changing guys, its a bit funkier and weirder. Enjoy the jerseys and courts we have, I really look forward to watching games because of this. If you need the same 3 or jerseys every single year and the same colors and courts then I don't know else to tell you guys. 

As I said the day that Its Celtics (Neon Pink) H vs Lakers (Yellow with big black stripe down the side) A in Boston with a Throwback Court is the day I will come in here and laugh at you guys, learn to embrace change my friends. Take care

Can you go an entire post without name calling and insulting posters who disagree with you. Come on dude. Everyone else has been fairly polite with you.

1 hour ago, Blazersfan38 said:

From the hard cam? No I can’t.

Although I like the teal and purple together, I'm cool with the teal and white since they are the only team with that color.

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Can you go an entire post without name calling and insulting posters who disagree with you. Come on dude. Everyone else has been fairly polite with you.

Point to one instance in that post where I called anyone a name...I even said “take care my friends” 

man this thread is something else 

19 minutes ago, andregunts said:

Point to one instance in that post where I called anyone a name...I even said “take care my friends” 

man this thread is something else 

On 2/3/2021 at 9:59 AM, andregunts said:

When were the first alternate jerseys release? Early 90s? Hornets Purple and Pistons Red? Like 93-94? 

That's been almost 30 years!! Imagine people back then having their heads explode because they moved away from "tradition", I love this thread and the history of the aesthetics of the sport. Times change, technology change, you guys expect the same old "home, away, alternate, and throwback"?

I like the funky colors, funky court, as long as we still have Lakers yellow and Celtic green, I don't care if we have 5 other radical uniforms. 

Its 2021 people, we are in the future, accept change and move ahead with the times. I LOVED the Nets court last night with the Basquiat court, yes its not their traditional boring black/white but that's cool, because Im not a grumpy 90 year old. 

The NBA plays a 82 game schedule, if 50% of the games divert from the traditional home white vs away color then so what? Its a long season and we have multiple chances to experiment and at the same time the other 50% of the games are the traditional. 

Accept change and accept the NBA is moving forward that's it. 

also, you guys hated the sleeve jerseys? I LOVED THEM!!!! I cant wait for them to come back so I can see you antiquated people heads explode.

It's not the worst thing in the world, but it was in an insulting manner.

We're disagreeing with you, not yelling at you. I know there's a lot of people disagreeing compared to agreeing, but it's still been respectful on both sides, if a little heated. I don't agree with the quote you're responding to, but I'm also not going to let the truth be misrepresented.

For the record, I have enjoyed this discussion as I've been able to refine my own opinions on the subject in talking with you. These disagreements are always more enjoyable when both sides stay respectable and don't resort to personal attacks.

Cool, cool. Yellow and purple court, red team from Denver, blue team from LA. It looks like two high school teams in a tournament at a big NBA arena.

What a league.

OK, putting on the mod hat here. Some of you in this thread need to dial it down, like, six or seven notches. You're free to disagree with each other, but do so in a civil manner. If you can't do so without condescension, sniping and otherwise general unpleasantness, I have no qualms about shutting this thread down and handing out warning points.

8 hours ago, Digby said:

It is easy enough to figure out that Dallas are silver and gold for a night, sure, although the lack of scorebug consistency from the broadcasters is still a sore spot.

But for the most part people feel an attachment to their team’s brand, which I think ought to be obvious to anyone on this board. Doesn’t mean nothing can ever evolve, but it also doesn’t mean longtime Bulls fans are gonna just be cool about watching their team wear some ugly grey and gold number instead of what we all know and love as the Bulls.

You see anyone walking around with a piece of merch in that kelly green color and it’s a safe bet it’s Celtics merch, and has been that way for literal decades. Sorry if you find it boring but longevity and history has value. Some people might want a different jersey design to buy but I think a lot more people want their team to look like their team.

NGL I've seen a ton of Bulls fans that love their city edition this year, me included.  The uniform has that 1940s Chicago vibe to it.  

But I think we can all agree on something here.

1) Broadcast scorebugs and in-arena graphics need to match the uniform color schemes.  

2) City edition uniforms that dont adhere to the team's traditional color scheme need a matching court (ala the Bucks)

3) City editions can only be worn at home or on the road on holidays (ex. Christmas)

4) Association edition jerseys can only be worn on the road to avoid clashes (ex. Knicks wearing white in Milwaukee to avoid clashing with Milwaukee's city edition)

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Cool, cool. Yellow and purple court, red team from Denver, blue team from LA. It looks like two high school teams in a tournament at a big NBA arena.

What a league.

Yea I just saw a highlight of this game on SportsCenter.  Oof. 

12 hours ago, QCS said:

It's not the worst thing in the world, but it was in an insulting manner.

We're disagreeing with you, not yelling at you. I know there's a lot of people disagreeing compared to agreeing, but it's still been respectful on both sides, if a little heated. I don't agree with the quote you're responding to, but I'm also not going to let the truth be misrepresented.

For the record, I have enjoyed this discussion as I've been able to refine my own opinions on the subject in talking with you. These disagreements are always more enjoyable when both sides stay respectable and don't resort to personal attacks.

I get it, but I was referring to the post that the guy quoted me on I love these arguments about the general trend that the NBA is going, since I'm the evil one here, I will turn it down a notch. My bad.

Its all love guys, just embrace change in the NBA that's all 

1 minute ago, andregunts said:

I get it, but I was referring to the post that the guy quoted me on.

Its all love guys, just embrace change in the NBA that's all 

That's understandable.

As for the change, some things don't need to change. Change for change's sake is how you get the current Rams look or any other number of identity crises teams have gone through. Some fanbases are divided between two different logos, while teams like the Canucks, Padres, and others have distinct time periods with completely different color schemes and designs that fans attach to. There's a reason "Canuck-jacking" a thread on this site is not a good idea. And by encouraging these kinds of experiments like the NBA does, it increases the odds that a fanbase will be even more divided on what the team should look like.

I guess what I'm saying is people have real, emotional value in these brands and messing with them is dangerous for that investment. When most people watch a Lakers game, they want them to be wearing Gold and Forum Blue, not blue, white, and silver. I get that you can appreciate these jerseys, but most of us here don't and it has nothing to do with us being old-fashioned or against change. It has to do with expectations and emotional investment in these teams and what they look like.

i already said this before but i don't get how teams like the cavs wake up and make new courts every year for jerseys that don't even need a new court but the lakers can't make a blue court for their two blue themed jerseys.

6 hours ago, QCS said:

That's understandable.

As for the change, some things don't need to change. Change for change's sake is how you get the current Rams look or any other number of identity crises teams have gone through. Some fanbases are divided between two different logos, while teams like the Canucks, Padres, and others have distinct time periods with completely different color schemes and designs that fans attach to. There's a reason "Canuck-jacking" a thread on this site is not a good idea. And by encouraging these kinds of experiments like the NBA does, it increases the odds that a fanbase will be even more divided on what the team should look like.

I guess what I'm saying is people have real, emotional value in these brands and messing with them is dangerous for that investment. When most people watch a Lakers game, they want them to be wearing Gold and Forum Blue, not blue, white, and silver. I get that you can appreciate these jerseys, but most of us here don't and it has nothing to do with us being old-fashioned or against change. It has to do with expectations and emotional investment in these teams and what they look like.

well then emotional invest in some change, cause it’s gonna get funkier and weirder, trust me. 

I love the alternate jerseys in the NBA because it means the team I support can have a wonderful long term identity that I can be proud of and also release a fresh and interesting jersey every year or two to keep things interesting visually. I don't want the Spurs to change their jerseys dramatically at all, but I love that I can now buy a fiesta jersey. I already have several classic home and road Spurs jerseys, something new is great. 

I know this forum is very conservative with teams wearing their classic looks and their classic looks only, but I feel like this is the best of both worlds. Think of alt uniforms as an outlet for teams to go a bit nuts with design so they aren't tempted to change a classic look to keep things interesting and sell some merchandise. 

I also like colour on colour matchups, which are probably the best outcome of the current uniform paradigm. 

1 hour ago, El Scorcho said:

I love the alternate jerseys in the NBA because it means the team I support can have a wonderful long term identity that I can be proud of and also release a fresh and interesting jersey every year or two to keep things interesting visually. I don't want the Spurs to change their jerseys dramatically at all, but I love that I can now buy a fiesta jersey. I already have several classic home and road Spurs jerseys, something new is great. 

I know this forum is very conservative with teams wearing their classic looks and their classic looks only, but I feel like this is the best of both worlds. Think of alt uniforms as an outlet for teams to go a bit nuts with design so they aren't tempted to change a classic look to keep things interesting and sell some merchandise. 

I also like colour on colour matchups, which are probably the best outcome of the current uniform paradigm. 

That’s all well and good in theory, but again, I believe that most people here could live with the City program and its amateurism, if not for the jerseys being so grossly overused. Cut down on the them from being used 20-30 times per season to somewhere like 8-10 times and I personally could live with whatever crap they continue to fling at the walls.