NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

I’m also legitimately curious about the color vs color thing — I like that too, at least when it’s a color matchup that’s easily distinguishable, but it feels like if anything we’re seeing more white vs. black uniforms than we ever have.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here’s another thing. All things in a vacuum, the Nets Basquiat court looks nice. But, I know Basquiat was born in/is buried in Brooklyn, but that post-graffiti scene was almost entirely Manhattan, was it not? Brooklyn then was Queens now.

11 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

i already said this before but i don't get how teams like the cavs wake up and make new courts every year for jerseys that don't even need a new court but the lakers can't make a blue court for their two blue themed jerseys.

Apparently, it's because there simply isn't the space to store any extra courts at Staples, with the Lakers, Clippers, and Spark.  

3 hours ago, M4One said:

Apparently, it's because there simply isn't the space to store any extra courts at Staples, with the Lakers, Clippers, and Spark.  

Sounds like bs to me when the clippers have an alternate court and you would think they would reserve room for the Lakers before the clippers.

10 minutes ago, dont care said:

Sounds like bs to me when the clippers have an alternate court and you would think they would reserve room for the Lakers before the clippers.

But, isn't the only difference being the centre court logo?  It's not an entirely different court is it?  Could just be swapping out those pieces.  Shouldn't take that much more room to store compared to an entire court.  Also need space for the hockey stuff.

40 minutes ago, M4One said:

But, isn't the only difference being the centre court logo?  It's not an entirely different court is it?  Could just be swapping out those pieces.  Shouldn't take that much more room to store compared to an entire court.  Also need space for the hockey stuff.

Yeah, the Clippers just swap the center court logo.

I have no problem with the Lakers not having an alternate court, they don't really need one honestly. It's pretty rare to seem them not wear team colors. They haven't worn blue since the 2004/05 and 2017/18 seasons. Besides I think they would like to showcase those championship stars at center court right now.

bSLCtu2.png

On 2/5/2021 at 10:23 AM, QCS said:

That's understandable.

As for the change, some things don't need to change. Change for change's sake is how you get the current Rams look or any other number of identity crises teams have gone through. Some fanbases are divided between two different logos, while teams like the Canucks, Padres, and others have distinct time periods with completely different color schemes and designs that fans attach to. There's a reason "Canuck-jacking" a thread on this site is not a good idea. And by encouraging these kinds of experiments like the NBA does, it increases the odds that a fanbase will be even more divided on what the team should look like.

I guess what I'm saying is people have real, emotional value in these brands and messing with them is dangerous for that investment. When most people watch a Lakers game, they want them to be wearing Gold and Forum Blue, not blue, white, and silver. I get that you can appreciate these jerseys, but most of us here don't and it has nothing to do with us being old-fashioned or against change. It has to do with expectations and emotional investment in these teams and what they look like.

Bottom line.:notworthy:

11 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

I've given it a good month and a half, but man this thread has devolved. We need Earned uniforms now more than ever!

I don't want to have to explain why the Celtics using forest and lime is the wrong green.

On 2/5/2021 at 9:25 PM, Digby said:

And here’s another thing. All things in a vacuum, the Nets Basquiat court looks nice. But, I know Basquiat was born in/is buried in Brooklyn, but that post-graffiti scene was almost entirely Manhattan, was it not? Brooklyn then was Queens now.

Thast easily my favorite new court, I live about 15 minutes away from the arena and would have loved to see a game with that court

what irks me so much is when a home team is going all out with their city edition jerseys with a matching court and everything and then the away team just wears a white uniform. i love color vs color matchups. i love them even more when the home team is going all out with a city uni and a matching court. kinda ruins it when the away team just wears their white uniform. 

example: today's spurs vs warriors game. would have loved to see a black vs blue or yellow matchup 

IMG-7122.gif

Archived