NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

4 hours ago, truepg said:

Why should I go looking for any free fonts? I made my point across. As if this Blazers uni was the only case in question. Whatever font they had to "change", wasn't the one from the Portland sign. If you don't have the typographic knowledge to see the differences in brush strokes and flow of those two scripts, then it is what it is. This case is closed from my part.

Because you are the one the one that made the claim of why the execution was lazy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, dont care said:

Because you are the one the one that made the claim of why the execution was lazy

And it is. No reason to tell people to go find anything in an argument. Moreover, I said "as if they used...", instead of claiming that they did, to even begin with.

7 hours ago, truepg said:

What? At no point did I claim that the uniform wasn't "well thought-out"

This you? 

18 hours ago, truepg said:

These Blazers' and Spurs' unis, for one, show how little time and proper effort is spent to churn out those new City designs every year. As if they slapped some kind of free font that somehow resembled the aesthetic they were going for, instead of designing a fitting wordmark for the look in particular.

I don’t know, a uniform using a slightly modified Brush Script in tribute to a landmark that uses a slightly modified Brush Script does not read as a problem to me. The designers probably should have picked up the unique N at the end if every t-shirt vendor in Portland can. But that’s not a catastrophic screw-up on the level that’s being implied here.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, truepg said:

And it is. No reason to tell people to go find anything in an argument. Moreover, I said "as if they used...", instead of claiming that they did, to even begin with.

Because you made the claim it is your duty to find evidence of the claim. Without it you are just making up the claim and have nothing to support your argument. 

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

This you? 

Yes, I was using the Blazers' and Spurs' unis as examples of cases in point, and was talking about their execution, not the intention or idea.

-

Also, as I said, I was done with this particular topic, I have no desire to go on about it.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I don’t know, a uniform using a slightly modified Brush Script in tribute to a landmark that uses a slightly modified Brush Script does not read as a problem to me. The designers probably should have picked up the unique N at the end if every t-shirt vendor in Portland can. But that’s not a catastrophic screw-up on the level that’s being implied here.

Again, I wasn't implying that at all. It was you guys, who made such a big number out of it. I used it as an example of a general issue, when we're talking about unifrom designs and their issues, and discussing suggestions of improvement.

2 hours ago, truepg said:

Reading comprehension.

What??? What does this...

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Because you made the claim it is your duty to find evidence of the claim. Without it you are just making up the claim and have nothing to support your argument. 

...have to do with reading comprehension? Just like @dont care said, you’re claiming things with no viable evidence.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

Again, I wasn't implying that at all. It was you guys, who made such a big number out of it. I used it as an example of a general issue, when we're talking about unifrom designs and their issues, and discussing suggestions of improvement.

Portland using a modified font to likely avoid copyright(or just a mistake) is not a general issue. That’s a nitpick-y flaw in an otherwise great uniform(based on the board’s collective opinion). Just saying “I don’t like the Blazers’ city uni because it uses an inaccurate font” would’ve been acceptable and prevented the rabbit hole this thread just went down.

59 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

What??? What does this...

...have to do with reading comprehension?

Everything exactly. And apparently all about you and your messages too. At no point did I claim anything was for certain (or that free fonts are used), I only expressed my opinion on the matter on how it looked.

That’s a nitpick-y flaw in an otherwise great uniform(based on the board’s collective opinion). Just saying “I don’t like the Blazers’ city uni because it uses an inaccurate font” would’ve been acceptable and prevented the rabbit hole this thread just went down.

Go back to the first quote. I never said anything like that. I don't even care for that uniform had it used the actual font from the sign or not. And since when is the collective opinion a definite standard for anything? Wasn't the goal of this board to express and discuss different opinions on things just a moment ago?

Was that it? Or anything else? I laid out my opinion including regarding different points in all this in a clear and elaborate way from the beginning. If ya'll want to, go and read this discussion and all my messages over again. I'm not gonna repeat or go back to it anymore, like I said.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

Everything exactly. And apparently all about you and your messages too.

I’m going to ignore the unnecessary shot at my ability to comprehend words. (Come on, now. Really?)spacer.png

1 hour ago, truepg said:

Go back to the first quote. I never said anything like that. I don't even care for that uniform had it used the actual font from the sign or not. And since when is the collective opinion a definite standard for anything? Wasn't the goal of this board to express and discuss different

opinions on things just a moment ago?

Was that it? Or anything else? I laid out my opinion including regarding different points in all this in a clear and elaborate way from the beginning. If ya'll want to, go and read this discussion and all my messages over again. I'm not gonna repeat or go back to it anymore, like I said.

I never said that the collective opinion was the definitive standard. This is a sports forum, not the House of Representatives. What I’m saying is that you had a problem with a detail that really did not affect the uniform that much. You acted like since they used an altered Brush Script font, they

5 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:
On 2/12/2021 at 3:49 PM, truepg said:

slapped some kind of free font that somehow resembled the aesthetic they were going for, instead of designing a fitting wordmark for the look in particular.

So this:

1 hour ago, truepg said:

I don't even care for that uniform had it used the actual font from the sign or not. 

is BS. If you wanted to show little effort put into City uniforms, you chose a terrible example. Try New York next time.

24 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I’m going to ignore the unnecessary shot at my ability to comprehend words. (Come on, now. Really?)

I never said that the collective opinion was the definitive standard. This is a sports forum, not the House of Representatives. What I’m saying is that you had a problem with a detail that really did not affect the uniform that much. You acted like since they used an altered Brush Script font, they

So this:

is BS. If you wanted to show little effort put into City uniforms, you chose a terrible example. Try New York next time.

I even have to affirm this? I don't need to take any shots, you showed it yourself with your posts and still keep on doing so. You still can't even separate two different topics I touched on from each other. Again, all my posts are there in elaborate order, I had said everything, New York included. But, shall we leave this aside now?

1 hour ago, truepg said:

I even have to affirm this? I don't need to take any shots, you showed it yourself with your posts and still keep on doing so. You still can't even separate two different topics I touched on from each other. Again, all my posts are there in elaborate order, I had said everything, New York included. But, shall we leave this aside now?

I never took any shots at anyone or their intelligence like you did(and still do). I understand that you didn’t like the Blazers City, and that’s fine. What I’m talking about it the consistent complaining about a font discrepancy that really doesn’t detract too much from the uniform as a whole. If you’re ready to let this go, so am I. But I clearly understood your posts( in chronological order).

20 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I never took any shots at anyone or their intelligence like you did(and still do). I understand that you didn’t like the Blazers City, and that’s fine. What I’m talking about it the consistent complaining about a font discrepancy that really doesn’t detract too much from the uniform as a whole. If you’re ready to let this go, so am I. But I clearly understood your posts( in chronological order).

My reaction was based on the apparent way you showed you interpreted what I had said. The Blazers jersey isn't even relevant at this point, nor it was ever a big deal. The "consistent complaining" was me having to go back to that topic to clarify my view to every one who brought it up and questioned it along the way. The original argument wasn't even with you, and as I have said already many times, I had finished with this particular topic myself.

13 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I believe they'll debut in March from what I can recall. Hoping that Raptors "leak" wasn't legit. 

I'm on the fence with what Lockervision had before the links went dead.  I'm pretty sure that is gonna be legit

Archived