NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Digby said:

This league has spent decades gaslighting us that the purpliest of purples is actually “forum blue”. Of course there is a legacy of design contrarianism even in this thread.

You know, just to put a final seal on this Oregon-script topic, since you're keeping on bringing it up. I just totally unintentionally stumbled upon this Brush Script font which actually appeared to be the very "free font" used in that Blazers' wordmark I was asked to find and present (and therefore had me mistakenly thinking of another free script font that was Mistral) and then compared it to the Portland sign. And, upon further inspection of the sign, I noticed that It also might had been made by modifying the Brush Script or similar indeed. What threw me off in this case, though, was that the obvious modification in the sign was the letters "e" and "n" having been replaced by counterparts from a different style script altogether, and those were the sticking points for me in this discussion.

So, this isn't any "design contrarianism", on the opposite, it was caused by knowledge of design.

Took me about five cycles through this clip before I made out that the the darker team is the Kings.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLTQureFsmn/?igshid=16ufiw1yr31d9

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Personally my first time watching the Utah city jerseys last night and I gotta say I'm not a huge fan, there's no real cohesion with the full uniform. The one gradient on the shorts looks out of place and numbers and name should've been the same color, black or yellow

On 2/16/2021 at 9:17 AM, dannykraft said:

Personally my first time watching the Utah city jerseys last night and I gotta say I'm not a huge fan, there's no real cohesion with the full uniform. The one gradient on the shorts looks out of place and numbers and name should've been the same color, black or yellow

The gradient on only the one side is an homage to the original mountain jerseys that had mountains on one side only. 

Doesn't necessarily make it look great but it's a bit more tolerable at least

2 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

The gradient on only the one side is an homage to the original mountain jerseys that had mountains on one side only. 

Doesn't necessarily make it look great but it's a bit more tolerable at least

Didn't know that, at least there was some reasoning to it, def makes it a bit better

The Oakland stuff is just awful, but the rest of tonight's Warriors' look is incredible. Get rid of Copperplate and go to this!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Our boy came thru again with a leak of the actual Earned Raptors jersey...and it is straight up trash.

Got that old school "Champion" cheap retail vibes.

The vibes are probably the tag. But, they're not bad. They're just ... meh.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Our boy came thru again with a leak of the actual Earned Raptors jersey...and it is straight up trash.

Got that old school "Champion" cheap retail vibes.

Kind of a letdown, but I'm feeling that they are partially a tribute to the Vince Carter era uniforms.

Image result for vince carter raptors

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

10 hours ago, kimball said:

The vibes are probably the tag. But, they're not bad. They're just ... meh.

That is the other mis-step of the NBA's uniform explosion: most of the uniforms are "meh".  I wish the parties involved could focus on 1 or 2 great designs per team instead of pumping out the mediocrity.

Archived