Jump to content

NBA Changes 2020/21


SportsLogos.Net News

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Digby said:

This league has spent decades gaslighting us that the purpliest of purples is actually “forum blue”. Of course there is a legacy of design contrarianism even in this thread.


You know, just to put a final seal on this Oregon-script topic, since you're keeping on bringing it up. I just totally unintentionally stumbled upon this Brush Script font which actually appeared to be the very "free font" used in that Blazers' wordmark I was asked to find and present (and therefore had me mistakenly thinking of another free script font that was Mistral) and then compared it to the Portland sign. And, upon further inspection of the sign, I noticed that It also might had been made by modifying the Brush Script or similar indeed. What threw me off in this case, though, was that the obvious modification in the sign was the letters "e" and "n" having been replaced by counterparts from a different style script altogether, and those were the sticking points for me in this discussion.

So, this isn't any "design contrarianism", on the opposite, it was caused by knowledge of design.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally my first time watching the Utah city jerseys last night and I gotta say I'm not a huge fan, there's no real cohesion with the full uniform. The one gradient on the shorts looks out of place and numbers and name should've been the same color, black or yellow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2021 at 9:17 AM, dannykraft said:

Personally my first time watching the Utah city jerseys last night and I gotta say I'm not a huge fan, there's no real cohesion with the full uniform. The one gradient on the shorts looks out of place and numbers and name should've been the same color, black or yellow

The gradient on only the one side is an homage to the original mountain jerseys that had mountains on one side only. 

 

Doesn't necessarily make it look great but it's a bit more tolerable at least

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

The gradient on only the one side is an homage to the original mountain jerseys that had mountains on one side only. 

 

Doesn't necessarily make it look great but it's a bit more tolerable at least

Didn't know that, at least there was some reasoning to it, def makes it a bit better

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Our boy came thru again with a leak of the actual Earned Raptors jersey...and it is straight up trash.

 

Got that old school "Champion" cheap retail vibes.

 

 

 

 

The vibes are probably the tag. But, they're not bad. They're just ... meh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Our boy came thru again with a leak of the actual Earned Raptors jersey...and it is straight up trash.

 

Got that old school "Champion" cheap retail vibes.

 

 

 

Kind of a letdown, but I'm feeling that they are partially a tribute to the Vince Carter era uniforms.

Image result for vince carter raptors

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, kimball said:

The vibes are probably the tag. But, they're not bad. They're just ... meh.

 

That is the other mis-step of the NBA's uniform explosion: most of the uniforms are "meh".  I wish the parties involved could focus on 1 or 2 great designs per team instead of pumping out the mediocrity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.