NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Cream Closet?!

EDIT: Full uniform pics:

Thunder look like the winner to me. Heat still look like the Lakers.

The Bucks, Nets, Pacers and Thunder are the best ones. The Bucks kinda remind me of FSU with the feathers as the side panels. I love the Magic's panels but prefer a wordmark to a logo, so that ruins it. The average fan probably won't be able to tell the Mavs and Rockets from their normal alts.

NBA Reveals All 2021 Earned Edition Uniforms

March 10, 2021 - 22:15 PM

The NBA officially unveiled their Earned Edition uniform series earlier today, the release confirms the league-wide leak which we reported on four months ago. WATCH: NBA’s 2020-21 Earned Edition uniforms leaked (from Dec. 2020) The Earned Uniform, is making a return after a year off back in 2019-20. The idea

Read More...

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

It's unfortunate that we're not getting the Suns and Warriors uniforms, as they're pretty nice. I've even seen a Knicks Earned uniform design, haha! Can't share it, but was still hilarious for me to come across (though, i guess this season is proving me wrong).

Knicks Earned was better than their City?

5 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

The Jerry West silhouette in the NBA logo is gold on the Lakers 

Is it Black or Dark Grey like Bulls City?

4r2eer.png

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Is it Black or Dark Grey like Bulls City?

I'm glad the Lakers is a lot darker than it was in the original leak, that original gray looked rough. If this isn't black (which I hope it is), it's at least a lot closer to it.

Overall, these Earned Edition uniforms are mostly misses, for me. Along with the Lakers being passable now that it's darker, the Raptors and the Nets are the only ones that I find to be worth having; the rest could have never existed and I would have been fine with it.

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Nets wearing their statement uniform only once in the second half? 😕 That's a big sign.

The fact that these uniforms are worn as little as they are goes to show how little they really matter. They really don't have a point except being a sort of proverbial medal to wear. I literally cannot think of a reason they put them in this season except to regain some money from Covid losses through jersey sales. Along that line though, does anyone know why they weren't used last season? Maybe they didn't sell as well as the league thought they would?

I much prefer the Earned editions as a whole from 2018/19. The strength of that whole lineup was that they followed a single theme, even if it was an unimaginative recolored City edition. But I think I would be more supportive of the Earned edition if there was some sort of overarching theme. Maybe something like the Bucks' Antler concept could be an idea for one: oversized/isolated logo elements? Just a thought. 

For me the Bucks, Nets, Jazz and Pacers win this round, and I really don't think its that close. Everything else is a recolored icon/statement uniform, or something a bit too bland or weird.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

The variations on a theme idea might be better for this program than trying to find YET MORE versions of regular alternates, when that well is very much tapped. Could imagine something like the Adidas era of Christmas uniforms, the monochrome ones or the big silver logos. I’d still hate seeing them on the court, but maybe I’d hate them less than the dump of half-baked concepts we get now.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I don't understand why the Magic keep putting the comet ball on the chest. It looks awful, and ruins an otherwise nice uniform that calls back to the Heart and Hustle look from the early 2000s. Lame.

And, the number outlines on this jersey are black and then silver, as opposed to silver and then black on the normal homes. Not only is that a pointless change in general, but it's worse since the silver now disappears into the white base. Strange.

ExJworW.png

So many of these uniforms are "one (season) and done," which drives home the throw away nature of these designs.  I liked the Sixers alt with the 13-star circle on the chest, but that was put out to pasture so Nike can churn out new ones every year

23 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

The Jerry West silhouette in the NBA logo is gold on the Lakers 

So, too, is the Nike Swoosh and jersey tag. Makes sense for the defending champion to get that and the other participants to get silver, kind of like the college basketball tabs being gold for teams that have won a national title while being outfitted by Nike and the silver being for teams that have reached a Final Four while being outfitted by Nike.

Archived