NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

17 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Yes, but only because it wasn't trying too hard, haha. Their Earned was a color they already wear, but with a different wordmark using their normal font. Meh.

Since their statement is already blue and I can’t see them doing 3 similar blue jerseys I’m guessing the color was white with the summer league wordmark? Maybe in blue with a white and orange outline 

spacer.png

07Giants.pngnyy.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

So many of these uniforms are "one (season) and done," which drives home the throw away nature of these designs.  I liked the Sixers alt with the 13-star circle on the chest, but that was put out to pasture so Nike can churn out new ones every year

Yup.  Sometimes it's so hard to take this league seriously, when the league won't even take itself seriously.

34 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

How can the name on the back of the Nets earned NOT be in Helvetica! 🤦‍♂️ The only flaw with it imo.  They go great with their subway court too.

You can blame the league and their insistence on having only 3-4 name fonts.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, kimball said:

You can blame the league and their insistence on having only 3-4 name fonts.

Feels like we can probably handle some extra fonts in the letters set, when each individual team has more uniforms than the entire league has NOB options.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

So the geniuses at Nike have somehow managed to make a Celtics uniform in colors far more suited to the Bucks.  Seriously, it's like that one time I floated the idea of the Cubs using powder blue and maroon, except they didn't even try to use the colors differently.

We see what the Pittsburgh Heat look like :D and the Magic, I'm indifferent to the use of the star ball, but I love the nod to the T-Mac unis

The Sixers probably could have used a thinner number font here, but solid nonethless.

Portland Raiders in the house...seriously, I thought the Bad Boys Pistons were the basketball team with the Raiders fetish, not the Blazers.

I might try to get my hands on that Pacers jersey.

In non-news, the Thunder have another uniform that's better than their blah regular crap.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

13 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Sacramento Kings got an updated court for the rest of the regular season with black paint (Woohoo!!)

Big W, cause the purple court was nauseating.

a court change in the middle of the season? that's a bit odd.. personally i prefer the all purple look my mind instantly goes to that court when i think of the kings.

plus i always liked one-colored courts because they balance out the less traditional looking courts of the league. like raptors, hornets, nets, nuggets, pelicans, etc

IMG-7122.gif

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Sacramento Kings got an updated court for the rest of the regular season with black paint (Woohoo!!)

Big W, cause the purple court was nauseating.

This is a really stupid move. Black isn't even in the team logo or used by the team very much outside of the Statement uniform.

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Feels like we can probably handle some extra fonts in the letters set, when each individual team has more uniforms than the entire league has NOB options.

I miss the old two-color NOB font used by the Lakers (pre-1999).  Heck, even the two-color NOB font post 1999 is better than what they have now (single color).  Ditto with the Bulls.

24 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

This is a really stupid move. Black isn't even in the team logo or used by the team very much outside of the Statement uniform.

This was my biggest issue with the rebrand in 16. They eliminated black from the logo and relegated it to a terrible alternate. The court is a nice nod back to Arco circa late 90s early 00s, but the logo is all silver and purple. Just doesn't fit.

2 hours ago, HighCheese said:

Has anyone seen this logo before?

was just on theemblemsource.com and noticed a new pacers logo. Maybe I'm just late and it's already in circulation, but could this be a leak?

https://www.theemblemsource.com/collections/nba-patches-eastern-teams-indiana-pacers

spacer.png

Googled it and found out it's just a fan concept.

bSLCtu2.png

Kings switching to black paint is not the biggest concern to me, especially since they've been sticking to black in different instances, but I do prefer purple.

I see the Blazers decided to go full monochrome with their Earned uniforms and bypassed the opportunity to have it look any interesting by wearing all-red accessories (and shoes, preferably).

12 hours ago, Discrim said:

Portland Raiders in the house...seriously, I thought the Bad Boys Pistons were the basketball team with the Raiders fetish, not the Blazers.

I joked on Twitter that Dame's Raiders fandom was the inspiration for those uniforms.

Who’s the idiot that came up with the Pacers wearing yellow on the Lakers home court while the Lakers wear “ANTHRACITE GRAY”?! What are they even doing anymore with this league? Stevie Wonder would schedule better matchups than this.

bSLCtu2.png

4 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I joked on Twitter that Dame's Raiders fandom was the inspiration for those uniforms.

Dame actually had some influence in the design process, so I don’t think that’s too far fetched. Their press release says that it’s inspired by the Portland cityscape and overcast weather, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Dame’s Raiders fandom contributed to the greyscale palette. It’s not my favorite uniform by any means, but I found myself liking it more and more as I watched the game last night. The fact that they’re just a greyscale version of the regular white set makes them still somewhat recognizable as a Blazers uniform, and I for one thought there was kind of a fun and interesting visual effect created by the greyscale uniforms being worn on the red-heavy court.

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived