NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

Every time you turn on an NBA game you take a moment to calibrate just which team is which.

And that was definitely my experience tonight.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Remember that Warriors/Lakers game at Staples last year that, frustratingly enough, had the Warriors wearing gold instead of the Lakers, while the Lakers themselves wore their traditional road color instead?

Favor being returned tonight:

spacer.png

Feels like a game being played back at the Forum in the 80s.  (Except this court has blue lines instead of red.)

2 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Remember that Warriors/Lakers game at Staples last year that, frustratingly enough, had the Warriors wearing gold instead of the Lakers, while the Lakers themselves wore their traditional road color instead?

spacer.png

And this within a week of Indiana wearing gold in LA? This league, man.

spacer.png

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 3/13/2021 at 1:14 AM, DustDevil61 said:

Really digging the Jazz in kelly green and gold. I like the design as well, and wouldn’t mind it being used on the entire regular set.

The only thing I’d try to do is to work in some navy, indigo, or purple.

I'm torn because I like that look being in the league and want the Jazz to stick more to their Purple scheme.

If only there were some team that could theoretically make kelly green and gold their primary color scheme....

19 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Every time you turn on an NBA game you take a moment to calibrate just which team is which.

And that was definitely my experience tonight.

this is why i prefer NFL stick to traditional looking unis.  make it so you instantly know its GBP vs DAL or SF vs MIA.  it shouldn't be that hard.

also saw rumor Charlotte Hornets may look at adding purple as regular like the standard teal, or changing the "CHA" set with normal wordmarks etc.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

11 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

I'm torn because I like that look being in the league and want the Jazz to stick more to their Purple scheme.

If only there were some team that could theoretically make kelly green and gold their primary color scheme....

Agreed. Hence my "working in some purple/navy/indigo" comment for when you-know-who gets a team and the purple/navy/indigo differentiates Utah from them. I feel that the 2011-2016 and 2017 green alternates gave a couple decent ideas on how to add some of that shade to green/gold/white:

051614_earlwatson.jpg

joe-johnson-playoffsjpg.jpg

Also, whether navy, purple, or indigo, it was refreshing to see Utah in what should be their "normal" road jerseys against Boston's white and green getup (even though IIRC it's their City jersey, based on their banners, which I honestly don't mind as an alternate):

usa_today_15740437.0.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

That brief "UTAH" green jersey, between the more retro set and the big note logo set, is the perfect green alternate for the Jazz for me. The darker green and the navyish indigo make it work really nicely. The new one might have more historical cred in its color scheme, but it's not working for me otherwise.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

See, for me I just have a really hard time with the navy and forest green together. They contrast poorly and look too dark when paired with one another. Sure it helps the gold and white pop, but at what cost? You lose one or the other colors to contrast issues depending on which one’s the base, and it makes the other color look and seem really pointless. It’s never worked for me and I don’t think it ought to be forced any more than it already has.

The Jazz really need to be using kelly as thier green instead, and I was thrilled that at least the new earned edition ran with it. Given the general mess thier identity is, I’ll take what I can get from them at this point.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

18 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

Agreed. Hence my "working in some purple/navy/indigo" comment for when you-know-who gets a team and the purple/navy/indigo differentiates Utah from them. I feel that the 2011-2016 and 2017 green alternates gave a couple decent ideas on how to add some of that shade to green/gold/white:

051614_earlwatson.jpg

joe-johnson-playoffsjpg.jpg

Also, whether navy, purple, or indigo, it was refreshing to see Utah in what should be their "normal" road jerseys against Boston's white and green getup (even though IIRC it's their City jersey, based on their banners, which I honestly don't mind as an alternate):

usa_today_15740437.0.jpg

Why did the Jazz ever get rid of the jerseys in that Earl Watson pic for the stupid unfinished side panel ones they currently wear?

1 minute ago, VikWings said:

Why did the Jazz ever get rid of the jerseys in that Earl Watson pic for the stupid unfinished side panel ones they currently wear?

Because they all suck, you can’t even tell there is navy in the top 2 pics because it’s so close to the green, and Vice versa for the bottom pic.

10 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I really all I do in this thread is most screenshots while bitching and moaning...this Clippers/Mavericks game literally hurts my eyes. The color matchup is :censored: ing terrible.

I was coming to say the same thing. They're WAY too close in color to one another.

We've been through this with Nike before.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 3/15/2021 at 10:53 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

spacer.png

Man, at this point I'm convinced that the NBA/Nike is doing this just to f*** with us.  It's almost as if they are like, "Hmmm, for certain matchups, how can we dress the teams just the right way, on just the right court, so as to totally confuse the viewer as to who the home team is?"  Maybe it's some kind of sick "game" to them.

2 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

Man, at this point I'm convinced that the NBA/Nike is doing this just to f*** with us.  It's almost as if they are like, "Hmmm, for certain matchups, how can we dress the teams just the right way, on just the right court, so as to totally confuse the viewer as to who the home team is?"  Maybe it's some kind of sick "game" to them.

I've been on the "money grab" opinion for years but you may be onto something. It's gotten worse every year. Some teams that didn't really have an identity yet, really got cheated. Oh,  how I miss these Thunder uniforms.2018city-575x319.jpg

I assume the players are making these uniform match-up decisions and ultimately trying to make a statement by going against historical tradition. That's the only thing that makes sense to me because whoever is making these decisions has little to no concern for color ascetics or tradition. I get major "change for the sake of change" vibes from these match-ups the last few years.

2 hours ago, O.C.D said:

I assume the players are making these uniform match-up decisions and ultimately trying to make a statement by going against historical tradition. That's the only thing that makes sense to me because whoever is making these decisions has little to no concern for color ascetics or tradition. I get major "change for the sake of change" vibes from these match-ups the last few years.

Most of the matchup trends we see now began precisely when a new manufacturer took over the contract.

And there's a website that shows you the matchup for every single game in the future for the rest of the season put together by the league itself.

But sure, blame the players.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

19 minutes ago, Digby said:

Most of the matchup trends we see now began precisely when a new manufacturer took over the contract.

And there's a website that shows you the matchup for every single game in the future for the rest of the season put together by the league itself.

But sure, blame the players.

Do you believe the players don't have input on uniform design and match-ups?

*EDIT after a quick search online I found this https://basketballnoise.com/how-do-nba-teams-decide-what-jersey-to-wear/

It says the players and coaches don't have input on a nightly basis on what they can wear. If the players have zero input on design or pre-season scheduling match-ups then I would be surprised.

Didn't it come out a year or so ago that Nike determines the uniform matchups? If so, the amount of times we see the awful City/Earned jerseys would make sense as Nike tries to peddle their stuff.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 3/17/2021 at 8:02 PM, VikWings said:

True, but color contrast or lack thereof aside, full panel > half panel. I don't have OCD and it still drives me crazy. It's only slightly better than the random floating boxes on the Magic's Statement jersey or the Titans pit stains.

Archived