SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Kinda....

1192326270.jpeg

But yeah, this doesn't really count. 

I find it interesting that the statement emphasized the importance of red but didn't give the same love for black. 

This is a great look in a vacuum and I think that the Heat could apply something like this.

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Phoenix does to a degree

Yeah, they tried before Suns fans lost their minds (and rightfully so). I believe that set back the roll out of the new logos and jerseys a year, because in 2012-13 the Suns played in their 2000-13 jerseys while playing on a court with the present logo and graphics?

In fact, their main logo still is purple-less. 

Phoenix-Suns-Logo-history.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

22 minutes ago, kimball said:

Yeah, they tried before Suns fans lost their minds (and rightfully so). I believe that set back the roll out of the new logos and jerseys a year, because in 2012-13 the Suns played in their 2000-13 jerseys while playing on a court with the present logo and graphics?

In fact, their main logo still is purple-less. 

Phoenix-Suns-Logo-history.jpg

I just realized that each version has a different ball. I figured they were all just don’t changes and recolors.

On 5/14/2021 at 1:41 AM, Discogod said:

Hmmm... "Blow" our minds? You heard it here first, next year the heat will have sparkly white uniforms to celebrate the city's long history of coke trafficking!

Actually…having an all-white uniform with the LOGOS in a vice colors gradient doesn’t sound too bad…

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Honestly the vice uniforms might be one of the most overrated uniforms in all of sports. As a spin off uniform they’re fine, but a full vice brand would be a major downgrade from the modern classics the Heat wear now.

I can’t think of an argument that would convince me that Miami needs to change their uniforms at all. They have a top tier set that they’ve won championships in. Besides they have no problem keeping ugly alternates around for too long. Look at the Lebron era for that.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Honestly the vice uniforms might be one of the most overrated uniforms in all of sports. As a spin off uniform they’re fine, but a full vice brand would be a major downgrade from the modern classics the Heat wear now.

I can’t think of an argument that would convince me that Miami needs to change their uniforms at all. They have a top tier set that they’ve won championships in. Besides they have no problem keeping ugly alternates around for too long. Look at the Lebron era for that.

I think the Vice uniforms were perfect for the era of Instagram and short attention spans. I loved the idea, but it is so oversaturated at this point. Not that there is anything wrong with them, but they have done all they could with them without getting overboard (putting aside this season) or starting to repeat certain elements. And hey, if somewhere down the road the one of the Vice sets comes back as a full-time alternate (especially the black set), I don't think I would have an issue with that. Miami is such as culturally rich and diverse city, so I'm excited to see what they come up with next.

But yes, there is no need to overhaul or uproot a brand and color scheme associated with the golden era of Heat basketball. In this case, it's not broke, so don't fix it. They might be due for a slight update down the road, but nothing encapsulating a full rebrand.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

15 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I can’t think of an argument that would convince me that Miami needs to change their uniforms at all. They have a top tier set that they’ve won championships in.

I can see an argument being made that they weren't exactly unique when they debuted 20 or so years ago, with the Nuggets and Pistons immediately coming to mind (especially the Nuggets, as they both had the dazzle-like fabric). But then again, it also reminds me of how the Bulls and Spurs wore similar uniforms in the 1970 and 80s (the shorts, in particular) but the design (general) remains intact for the Bulls without any issues. 

50 minutes ago, IceCap said:

I think of the Raptors, Bulls, and Trailblazers before I think of the Heat when I think "red and black basketball teams."

They really need to go to the Vice look full time. 

My issue w/ the vice set is that they're gimmicky. That being said, it's a good gimmick and it's got some historical and cultural relevancy that is organic and fits the area. They could take what they have now and embellish the brand even further. Ultimately the vice set is a novelty. What happens when the novelty wears off?

Does baby blue and pink become the new teal? The security blanket of the previous identity and it's history will always be there.

I have similar worries about the Padres in brown but only time will tell.

For me, it was weird to see Miami feature the Vice set over all other sets the past several seasons...but then revert to the main black/yellow/red set during the Finals last year.

It was like seeing your friends in jeans every day of the year but then wearing a shirt, tie and slacks on Sundays. Be who you are, man. You're teal and pink and black -- it's okay!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 5/16/2021 at 7:08 PM, the admiral said:

It would have been cool if the Heat had entered the league in magenta, orange, and black. Would have been a bold decision for the time and really for any time but it'd be undeniably Miami. Only ever should have used the Miami Arena script for the city name, too. It's that good.

If you just tweak the shade of red from the team's inaugural uniforms, then that's exactly what you'd have.

In fact, I don't know why the Heat don't do more to emphasize the orange that already exists in their color history. The inaugural set made ample use of orange on the neckline, shoulder and side trim, while the 2000s-era look employed a side panel stripe that was more yellow than orange. 

As someone else mentioned, there's an abundance of purely red and black teams in the league. Black, red and orange can be — and should be — theirs to own.

spacer.pngspacer.png

28 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

If you just tweak the shade of red from the team's inaugural uniforms, then that's exactly what you'd have.

In fact, I don't know why the Heat don't do more to emphasize the orange that already exists in their color history. The inaugural set made ample use of orange on the neckline, shoulder and side trim, while the 2000s-era look employed a side panel stripe that was more yellow than orange. 

As someone else mentioned, there's an abundance of purely red and black teams in the league. Black, red and orange can be — and should be — theirs to own.

spacer.pngspacer.png

This should be what they wear, but they need to clean up that home drop shadow. It’s so clunky compared to the Lakers-style one on the road.

1 hour ago, AndrewMLind said:

I can see an argument being made that they weren't exactly unique when they debuted 20 or so years ago, with the Nuggets and Pistons immediately coming to mind (especially the Nuggets, as they both had the dazzle-like fabric). But then again, it also reminds me of how the Bulls and Spurs wore similar uniforms in the 1970 and 80s (the shorts, in particular) but the design (general) remains intact for the Bulls without any issues. 

There's an argument to be made that the Nuggets adopted a very similar design in 2003 because it looked good on the Heat, who debuted the set in 1999 (and was likely influenced by the classic Pistons look).  

I liked the 90s Heat uniforms, especially the red alt...but by 1999 the wordmark and number font had a bit of a dated look. The 1999-current set looked great when it debuted - I thought the white jersey with the red/yellow/red stripes was awesome, and the dazzle fabric looked pretty good in the early 2000s. I won't complain if they can update this look with Vice colors, and keep the Miami Arena wordmark (but it needs to be bigger on the jerseys). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived