Jump to content

NBA Changes 2020/21


SportsLogos.Net News

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

What’s this? The Lakers in yellow vs the Suns in purple in Los Angeles? A normal home vs away matchup? Has the NBA gone crazy? I wanted more black and white and practice jerseys!

 

Total fiasco.

 

---

 

What comes to the Jazz identity, I never cared for the note look and it's the representative of total "whatever" in the NBA. Not poor quality like the Nets or Thunder, but as uninspiring as they come. Unlike the Mountain era, which had strong personality. 

FWIW, their sleeved jersey was one of the very few exceptions that was interesting and really worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 8:27 AM, truepg said:

 

Total fiasco.

 

---

 

What comes to the Jazz identity, I never cared for the note look and it's the representative of total "whatever" in the NBA. Not poor quality like the Nets or Thunder, but as uninspiring as they come. Unlike the Mountain era, which had strong personality. 

FWIW, their sleeved jersey was one of the very few exceptions that was interesting and really worked.

 

Liked for the sleeved jersey comment and liking the Red Rock jerseys (as an alternate), but I do like the note, despite its relative blandness. Ideally, we'd see some amalgamation of the 1985-95 purple jerseys, the early 1980s green jerseys, and the 1997-99 mountain set, as a few on here have done, but I feel that the red rock unis may win out if the Jazz manage to win it all.

 

As I've said before, my wish is if they'd go back to Purple/Kelly Green/Gold, as it manages to tie into the franchise's New Orleans beginnings while also tying into the "Purple Mountains Majesty" of Utah, while taking some cues from the mountain script and font. I also find the idea of doing the red rock gradient in place of gold intriguing, if it can be done right.

 

Edited by DustDevil61
No degree
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why doesn't Utah just make green/gold/purple and purple/light blue versions of the red rocks jerseys and make that their entire set? They could own the gradient design, cover all their eras and make their fans happy while being relatively unique as long as Denver doesn't use their Atari breakout skylines too much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

With the Jazz wearing the red rock City uniforms in all their playoff home games, I think if they make it to the Finals (and especially if they win), they’ll try and make a push to make the red-rock the primary. The fan outcry is already there.


I’m not entirely convinced the fan outcry is there. It’s popular, yes, but there’s also quite a lot of fans who love the purple throwback stuff too. From what I can see, the amount of redrock and throwback stuff is usually pretty close at games (keep in mind the Jazz are giving away shirts during the playoffs, which is lending to a more unanimous redrock look in the crowd during the last few games). 
 

I think something the redrock and purple stuff can shake hands on is that they both seem to be more favored than navy, that’s for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my two choices would be to either keep the current brand or rebrand to redrock. i like the old mountain look but they wouldn't just use an old design they'll have to make a new one. and i just feel like any rendition of those just won't be the same (also it seems like people only remember the purple ones and not the one white ones.)

 

as for the purple green and gold, i feel like it's only fitting for a classic look which is probably in third place with fans behind the gradient look and mountain look. maybe even fourth behind the current look. i don't think people are as "hungry" for those colors anyways compared to redrock colors and the mountain colors

 

and i've been seeing ideas of combining both the gradient design and the mountain colors. to me i feel like it'd be kinda one toned. cause in the redrock jerseys you go from yellow to orange to red. whereas from the concepts i've seen it would just go from light purple to darker and darker purple. it's just not as bold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sayahh said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31598697/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-plans-change-jersey-number-no-23-no-6-source-says

 

LeBron will reportedly switch back to the number 6 he wore with Miami.  The number worn by Bill Russell, Dr. J.  and fan favorite Eddie Jones.

Why??? AD’s not even getting #23!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Why??? AD’s not even getting #23!

I'm guessing the plan wasto switch last season (2 seasons ago?) but it was too late unless LBJ bought all the jerseys already produced.  Then AD won thr title wearing the number 3 so maybe he's happy with it now. (Throw in a bit of player superstition?)

 

But ultimately it might have to do with money.  More money into the pot for the players.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sayahh said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31598697/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-plans-change-jersey-number-no-23-no-6-source-says

 

LeBron will reportedly switch back to the number 6 he wore with Miami.  The number worn by Bill Russell, Dr. J.  and fan favorite Eddie Jones.

LeBron goes out of his way to get attention more than anyone in the NBA, followed by Russel Westbrook probably. I think it makes people lose respect for him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lockervision finally has Utah/LA on its schedule. Utah going red rocks at home all the way through, and association whites on the road. Clips wearing statement and city at home all the way through as well. If the series goes the distance, every game will have been some form of black vs. white.

 

Milwaukee vs. Brooklyn game 3 is the only non black-vs-white game in that series, with the Bucks wearing earned jerseys in game 3. 
 

Denver is scheduled to wear their earned jerseys on the road the rest of the series also. No idea why they’re suddenly huge fans of those. 
 

Only notable thing from the Hawks/76ers  series is Atlanta cranking out the MLK’s for Game 3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Lockervision finally has Utah/LA on its schedule. Utah going red rocks at home all the way through, and association whites on the road. Clips wearing statement and city at home all the way through as well. If the series goes the distance, every game will have been some form of black vs. white.

 

Milwaukee vs. Brooklyn game 3 is the only non black-vs-white game in that series, with the Bucks wearing earned jerseys in game 3. 
 

Denver is scheduled to wear their earned jerseys on the road the rest of the series also. No idea why they’re suddenly huge fans of those. 
 

Only notable thing from the Hawks/76ers  series is Atlanta cranking out the MLK’s for Game 3. 

I mean, Philly and Atlanta had nice contrasting color-on-color looks each of the first two games of the series. Best looking series as far as those qualifications, but quickly downhill after that with more white vs. black.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Lockervision finally has Utah/LA on its schedule. Utah going red rocks at home all the way through, and association whites on the road. Clips wearing statement and city at home all the way through as well. If the series goes the distance, every game will have been some form of black vs. white.

 

Milwaukee vs. Brooklyn game 3 is the only non black-vs-white game in that series, with the Bucks wearing earned jerseys in game 3. 
 

Denver is scheduled to wear their earned jerseys on the road the rest of the series also. No idea why they’re suddenly huge fans of those. 
 

Only notable thing from the Hawks/76ers  series is Atlanta cranking out the MLK’s for Game 3. 

LA/Utah: *sigh*. As expected. 
 

Milwaukee should never be wearing black against a team whose only color are black and white. It pisses me off when teams who have other colors decided to wear the same color as the other team. Case-in-point:

 spacer.png

Philly is wear their red alts in Toronto’s all-red court while Toronto wears their white jersey with red accents. The Sixers could’ve easily worn their standard blue icon road uniform and when we go back to watch this moment 20 years from now, it would’ve been easy to remember who’s there. Rant over.

 

Me personally, I love Denver’s earned jerseys. The return of a lighter blue(while not quite powder) is great, and I think if they wanted to update (a few years back—2019?), they should’ve just replace navy with red. Bright blue, red, and gold is unique and eye-catching. Navy, red, and gold is dull(especially they way Denver uses it), and the Cavs and Pels have those same colors. It not only acknowledges history, but creates a unique design that’s really good.


Atlanta/Philly may be the best looking matchup left.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just looked at the remaining schedule on lockervision and I'm speechless at how absurd the 2nd round uniform matchups are 

 

18/28 or 64% of the possible 28 games are a black uniform vs a white uniform. the ENTIRE LAC vs UTA series is black vs white.

 

Discounting the ATL vs PHI series, 17/21 games are black uniform vs white uniform for BKN vs MIL, DEN vs PHX, and UTA vs LAC

 

Only ONE game of the possible 28 is a home team in white vs a road team in color. What the F

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

LA/Utah: *sigh*. As expected. 
 

Milwaukee should never be wearing black against a team whose only color are black and white. It pisses me off when teams who have other colors decided to wear the same color as the other team. Case-in-point:

 spacer.png

Philly is wear their red alts in Toronto’s all-red court while Toronto wears their white jersey with red accents. The Sixers could’ve easily worn their standard blue icon road uniform and when we go back to watch this moment 20 years from now, it would’ve been easy to remember who’s there. Rant over.

 

 

 

My opinion on the matter is that the home team should be in white, but I leave it up to the road team to wear whatever colored primary or alt they want.  I think that was kind of the generally unwritten rule from like 1995ish (when alts started to become common)  to 2015ish (around the time when the NBA started to go nuts). 

 

That PHI @ TOR pic you have above doesn't really bother me. because at least the home team is in white, and the road team is not only just in a color, but an actual TEAM color.  Honestly, especially these days, that is enough to make me extremely happy.  Just my opinion.

 

 

 

It's funny that you chose Toronto as an example for this type of situation, though.  Anyone remember the 1st round of the 2007 playoffs, NJ @ TOR?  The Raptors gave out red shirts to all of their fans as part of a "red-out," so the Nets (who were expected to wear their primary navy's) countered by unexpectedly wearing their red alts to "ruin" the red-out.

 

https%3A%2F%2Fnothinbutnets.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F73942438-850x560.jpeg

 

Here's an article - https://www.espn.com/nba/recap/_/gameId/270421028

 

"The Raptors tried to boost the atmosphere inside Air Canada Centre by handing out red T-shirts to their fans, but New Jersey countered by wearing their red uniforms. Jefferson jokingly thanked the Raptors for making the Nets feel welcome with the shirt giveaway. 'That showed us a lot of love,' he said."

 

Nets won the series, so maybe their trick worked, haha.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Clippers should have never ditched the Elton Brand era identity. Great color balance. Superior script word mark. Bold athletic number font looks much better than the subsequent thinner numbers they've twice rebranded to.

 

The Elton Brand era uniforms were classic basketball uniforms. They could have been iconic if the team wasn't so bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2021 at 4:11 PM, O.C.D said:

LeBron goes out of his way to get attention more than anyone in the NBA, followed by Russel Westbrook probably. I think it makes people lose respect for him

 

Excuse Me What GIF

 

He wanted to change his number two seasons ago after the Lakers traded for AD in order to a.) let AD have his number and b.) to show deference to AD in that the Lakers were going to be AD's team, not his. This is old news.

 

Not too big on people trying to make LeBron into something he's not. He gets more attention than anyone in the NBA because he's LeBron James. He just has to speak, and 1000-word articles will be written about it. Not because he "goes out of his way to get attention".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

Excuse Me What GIF

 

He wanted to change his number two seasons ago after the Lakers traded for AD in order to a.) let AD have his number and b.) to show deference to AD in that the Lakers were going to be AD's team, not his. This is old news.

 

Not too big on people trying to make LeBron into something he's not. He gets more attention than anyone in the NBA because he's LeBron James. He just has to speak, and 1000-word articles will be written about it. Not because he "goes out of his way to get attention".

 

It's not old news considering the fact that AD is keeping No. 3 and not switching to No. 23.

 

LeBron is LeBron, but ESPN and the media in general is who makes him into what's so damn annoying. I swear SportsCenter shares more of his Tweets than actual highlights. But, he does go out of his way to chime into a lot of things and I'm not entirely convinced that he believes half of what he says or if it's just for $$$$ sake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

 

Excuse Me What GIF

 

He wanted to change his number two seasons ago after the Lakers traded for AD in order to a.) let AD have his number and b.) to show deference to AD in that the Lakers were going to be AD's team, not his. This is old news.

 

Not too big on people trying to make LeBron into something he's not. He gets more attention than anyone in the NBA because he's LeBron James. He just has to speak, and 1000-word articles will be written about it. Not because he "goes out of his way to get attention".

He does go out of his way for attention and it's not a new thing. The TV special on his way out of Cleveland, the televised unveiling of "the 3" in Miami. The question of what his number will be is a scenario he created and it's been rehashed several times. He's pretty active on various social media platforms as well. He's in the new Space Jam lol. He likes attention.

 

You're right that he'd be getting attention either way, but he seems to relish it more than some of his peers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.