NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Blue is a minor tertiary color though, where as Suns orange, Pistons red, and Cavs gold are still major/primary colors. 

I wouldn't want to see a silver/gray Blazers jersey in the conference finals, or a gold Celtics jersey, or a gray Knicks jersey. 

I mean, the Pistons' refusal to bring back their old red alternates as the statement instead of the tertiary gray ones drives me nuts.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone seen any of the draft hats yet?

Also my biggest complaint about the nike jerseys is with the city jerseys changing so often it seems teams are less likely to do a total brand refresh (new logo, colors...etc).

1 hour ago, DJT said:

Also my biggest complaint about the nike jerseys is with the city jerseys changing so often it seems teams are less likely to do a total brand refresh (new logo, colors...etc).

I think this is the best part about the city jerseys.

Let the teams get their stupid ideas out on alternates so they can leave the classic home and road designs untouched. In the mean time we get some cool designs like the Miami Vice unis, the Suns Valley unis or the Spurs fiesta unis that we'd never see otherwise. There is a lot of trash as well but it's worth it.

I'm personally disappointed that Wilson didn't change anything on the new NBA basketball other than slapping their logo on the ball in place of Spalding. If anything, the ball should have looked something like this:

AbZHM06.jpg

#IAmTeamMinimalist

On 6/29/2021 at 2:09 PM, TheRealPepman said:

I'm personally disappointed that Wilson didn't change anything on the new NBA basketball other than slapping their logo on the ball in place of Spalding. If anything, the ball should have looked something like this:

AbZHM06.jpg

#IAmTeamMinimalist

No thank you that logo looks so weird without the background.

Neither uniform matchup of a Suns/Hawks or Suns/Bucks Finals seems all that appealing, but the potential might be a lot better with Suns/Hawks.

I don’t see the Suns moving away from their Valley set for home games, especially since I suspect they’ve started to grow superstitious and don’t want to abandon their current rotation.

That said, I’d love to see the Hawks wear their reds to Phoenix’s Valley set. Or, Suns purple to Hawks red in Atlanta (provided there’s enough contrast).

21 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

Neither uniform matchup of a Suns/Hawks or Suns/Bucks Finals seems all that appealing, but the potential might be a lot better with Suns/Hawks.

I don’t see the Suns moving away from their Valley set for home games, especially since I suspect they’ve started to grow superstitious and don’t want to abandon their current rotation.

That said, I’d love to see the Hawks wear their reds to Phoenix’s Valley set. Or, Suns purple to Hawks red in Atlanta (provided there’s enough contrast).

No, give me the Hawks in red and Suns in orange in Atlanta! 😏

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I’m really holding out hope that’s not what the games look like in Milwaukee. That orange Suns uniform just flat out isn’t good. The white uniform would be so much better.

Of course, I’d rather this be Suns white vs Bucks green in Phoenix and Bucks white vs Suns purple in Milwaukee altogether, but I’ve conceded that the Suns are very likely sticking to The Valley at home.

EDIT: For visual reference, this would have looked pretty nice color-wise. Doubt it’s going to happen, though.

spacer.png

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

13 hours ago, Primzahl said:

This in Milwaukee:

spacer.png

These should be the Icon and an Association version should be created. These are perfect just like FSU basketball.

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I’m really holding out hope that’s not what the games look like in Milwaukee. That orange Suns uniform just flat out isn’t good. The white uniform would be so much better.

Of course, I’d rather this be Suns white vs Bucks green in Phoenix and Bucks white vs Suns purple in Milwaukee altogether, but I’ve conceded that the Suns are very likely sticking to The Valley at home.

EDIT: For visual reference, this would have looked pretty nice color-wise. Doubt it’s going to happen, though.

spacer.png

Both teams best uniforms are their home and away uniforms. It’s a real shame that at least 4 games are probably going to be black vs white. Those being phoenix’s home games. 

Also, wouldn’t surprise me one bit if we somehow end up with milwaukee on blue vs phoenix in orange. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Has Nike ever publicly addressed why they refuse to make jerseys where the arm hole stripe(s) are a complete unbroken 360 degree circle? It has bothered me for years. They just started doing it when Nike took over and it's like no one even noticed. It looks bad and it breaks with decades of tradition.

Did I mention it looks horrible?

6 hours ago, O.C.D said:

Has Nike ever publicly addressed why they refuse to make jerseys where the arm hole stripe(s) are a complete unbroken 360 degree circle? It has bothered me for years. They just started doing it when Nike took over and it's like no one even noticed. It looks bad and it breaks with decades of tradition.

Did I mention it looks horrible?

it was discussed ad nauseam. Nike claims it’s because their template has some advantage in how it does something for the shoulders. It’s nonsense because if it’s better, why don’t they do it for every level of competition?

But yeah, it was discussed a lot. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would not be surprised at all if we end up seeing at least one game in Milwaukee with the Bucks in their black jerseys vs. the Suns in orange jerseys.  We'll get NBA Finals games looking like summer league games with practice jerseys.  I hope I'm wrong, of course.

I'm not a fan of the current Suns orange jersey, but I am a fan of them in orange. The lazy design attempt of slapping the sun above the player number in annoying, considering they figured out how to make it look great back in 1992.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 6/29/2021 at 8:28 AM, WSU151 said:

Blue is a minor tertiary color though, where as Suns orange, Pistons red, and Cavs gold are still major/primary colors. 

I wouldn't want to see a silver/gray Blazers jersey in the conference finals, or a gold Celtics jersey, or a gray Knicks jersey. 

Silver/gray is not a Blazers color - they should not have any silver/gray jersey, at all, for that reason alone.

A gold Celtics jersey and a Knicks gray jersey could look decent if executed well, but it seems like that could be difficult to do.  But in principle I wouldn't be against either of those, because they are definitely team colors.  Even in the Finals I'd have no problem with either of those from a "they shouldn't be wearing that color" standpoint.  My issue might be more that they just don't look good aesthetically.

46 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

Silver/gray is not a Blazers color - they should not have any silver/gray jersey, at all, for that reason alone.

It's in the sash. 

Damian Lillard Trail Blazers Association Edition Nike NBA Swingman Jersey.  Nike.com

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It's in the sash. 

Damian Lillard Trail Blazers Association Edition Nike NBA Swingman Jersey.  Nike.com

The silver hasn't looked right since the Nike template was adopted. It was a holdover from the pre-Nike set, which featured silver on the wordmark and number of their former home jersey. Here, it just looks out of place. The current set would benefit from them dropping the silver altogether and adding red trim to "Blazers." I'm not against the use of silver as part of their identity. I actually loved how it was utilized from 2002-2017. Silver is a great tertiary color for them to use. It's just inconsistent in this uniform iteration. It's not even featured on their current logo from what I can tell.

Archived