NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It's in the sash. 

Damian Lillard Trail Blazers Association Edition Nike NBA Swingman Jersey.  Nike.com

Maybe it's still a team color, then.  If it is, I'm fine with them having a gray/silver jersey, and yes, I'd even be fine with them wearing it in the Finals.... as long as it looks good.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The suns, who’ve worn purple their entire existence, aren’t wearing purple. This is arguably the closest they’ve gotten to a championship. What a joke.

Game 3 wouldn’t look horrible if it was in Phoenix, too bad it’s in Milwaukee. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

9 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

So it is guaranteed that if the Phoenix Suns win the championship (which would be their first ever), they will do so wearing a jersey that says neither "Phoenix" nor "Suns."  That's where we are now.

No Milwaukee.

27 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

So it is guaranteed that if the Phoenix Suns win the championship (which would be their first ever), they will do so wearing a jersey that says neither "Phoenix" nor "Suns."  That's where we are now.

The only reason I have no problem with this is because their jerseys that say Phoenix and Suns are beveled messes and some of the worst jerseys in the NBA. They never should have switched from their previous set, which were fantastic.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

24 minutes ago, SCalderwood said:

I mean tbf it’s on the Valley shorts so it’s at least present on the uniform

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

21 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

I mean tbf it’s on the Valley shorts so it’s at least present on the uniform

2021 NBA champion is... PayPal!

1 hour ago, SCalderwood said:

I mean to be fair “The Valley” is better then Martin Luther King Jr winning the Finals.

Just curious, did the “The Land” Cavs jersey ever make a Finals appearance?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

I'm tired of seeing the black Suns' court, when their updated primary court was so nice.

Also, their purple uniforms are the nicest set of theirs color wise, and it's wrong they're not wearing it at all in favor of the Valley.

20 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

The silver hasn't looked right since the Nike template was adopted. It was a holdover from the pre-Nike set, which featured silver on the wordmark and number of their former home jersey. Here, it just looks out of place. The current set would benefit from them dropping the silver altogether and adding red trim to "Blazers." I'm not against the use of silver as part of their identity. I actually loved how it was utilized from 2002-2017. Silver is a great tertiary color for them to use. It's just inconsistent in this uniform iteration. It's not even featured on their current logo from what I can tell.

I had never really paid much attention to this before, but now that you point it out, it's weird to me that the Blazers' wordmark on these jerseys is so plain.  Every other element on this uniform — the sash, the numbers, the arm and neck trim -- has an outline. Maybe adding it would be outline overkill. And if that's the case, I'd advocate for simplifying the other elements and adding more detail to wordmark. 

2 hours ago, truepg said:

I'm tired of seeing the black Suns' court, when their updated primary court was so nice.

Also, their purple uniforms are the nicest set of theirs color wise, and it's wrong they're not wearing it at all in favor of the Valley.

The purple and orange court was really nice and probably the best court they've had since the 90s (though the Nash-era desert/plain court was ok)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, truepg said:

To be honest, I hadn’t watched a whole lot of Suns games this year. I’ve always liked the Valley uniforms (would rather them say “Phoenix”, but I still like them), yet something felt really off about the overall aesthetic of the game last night. It dawned on me while reading your comment that it’s the court.

The Valley court is rather drab compared to the uniforms. Sure, the pixel gradient is on the sides, but it isn’t prominent enough to make a big difference visually. It seems like it’s just…there to be “there.” Otherwise, it’s a rather plain court with a whole lot of black. It really needs more…something. More orange? More purple? More of both? I’m not sure, but it needs much more life than it’s got now. The primary court is so much more visually appealing.

EDIT: Clarified a little of the above, but also after a second look, I’m leaning towards it needing more purple. The pixel gradient on the sides seems really gold-to-orange heavy, so I think a purple key would’ve made a huge difference in giving the court the pop it needs while also balancing the colors out better.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

26 minutes ago, San Diego said:

Blazers need to go back to the 2000s jerseys and "The Valley" is the most overrated look in the NBA.

The Valley jerseys would only be acceptable if they said Phoenix or Suns. That a team might win its first championship in a jersey that says something completely different from its team name is kinda ridiculous. Any statues or tributes that are made would immortalize “the valley” and not their actual team Brand. 

it’s worse than the Cavs sleeved win, which at least had part of their logo on it. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The Valley court is rather drab compared to the uniforms. Sure, the pixel gradient is on the sides, but it isn’t prominent enough to make a big difference visually. It seems like it’s just…there to be “there.” Otherwise, it’s a rather plain court with a whole lot of black. It really needs more…something. More orange? More purple? More of both? I’m not sure, but it needs much more life than it’s got now. The primary court is so much more visually appealing.

EDIT: Clarified a little of the above, but also after a second look, I’m leaning towards it needing more purple. The pixel gradient on the sides seems really gold-to-orange heavy, so I think a purple key would’ve made a huge difference in giving the court the pop it needs while also balancing the colors out better.

Maybe they could've put the pixel gradient in the paint like the Jazz did with this years' Redrock court? I would've liked it that way.

7ef37c405f95abebca27781ee209d24b.jpg?com

Archived