NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

CHA should be CLT, even if CLT is one letter off from a certain word.

I can't help but see the certain word when I see those uni's. I'm glad I'm not the only one

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, O.C.D said:

I can't help but see the certain word when I see those uni's. I'm glad I'm not the only one

Yeah, didn’t know a team could switch leagues(and cities) without notice. Frank Reich is a decent basketball coach, though.

On 7/22/2021 at 2:37 PM, O.C.D said:

CULT

On 7/22/2021 at 12:43 PM, dont care said:

“MINN” and “CHA” aren’t airport codes and just lazy abbreviations and even worse.

the wolves did an MSP jersey in 2020 and it made way more sense than MINN and finally recognized the twin cities as a whole

2 hours ago, Tru3 said:

the wolves did an MSP jersey in 2020 and it made way more sense than MINN and finally recognized the twin cities as a whole

Finally, Ms. Pac-man gets some love!

On 7/28/2021 at 2:54 AM, Tru3 said:

That abbreviation didn't look or sound good to me at all, on the other hand. 

On 7/27/2021 at 6:54 PM, Tru3 said:

I'm confused. Is the suggestion that the use of "MINN" was to represent only Minneapolis? I realize it's called the "City Edition," but I always assumed that MINN was an abbreviation for Minnesota in this case. I didn't see it as excluding St. Paul. Not saying that wasn't the case, of course. I just never read it that way.  

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm confused. Is the suggestion that the use of "MINN" was to represent only Minneapolis? I realize it's called the "City Edition," but I always assumed that MINN was an abbreviation for Minnesota in this case. I didn't see it as excluding St. Paul. Not saying that wasn't the case, of course. I just never read it that way.  

You're definitely right, it stands for Minnesota (and therefore is inclusive of both cities).

From  https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/northstar -

"THE NORTH STAR INCLUSION, SITTING ABOVE THE STATE ABBREVIATION MIMICS THE STAR’S POSITION IN THE SKY AS OUR GUIDING LIGHT."

8 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

5 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

You're definitely right, it stands for Minnesota (and therefore is inclusive of both cities).

From  https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/northstar -

"THE NORTH STAR INCLUSION, SITTING ABOVE THE STATE ABBREVIATION MIMICS THE STAR’S POSITION IN THE SKY AS OUR GUIDING LIGHT."

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the MINN was for Minneapolis just that using MINN when Minnesota and works and fits just fine seemed unnecessary. Additionally, using MSP gets St. Paul recognized on one of the 6 (Wild, Wolves, Vikes, Lynx, United, Twins) MN professional teams where the Twins are really the only one with even a hint  of St. Paul due to the team name and handshake logo. This despite the Wild and United actually playing in stp.

12 hours ago, truepg said:

That abbreviation didn't look or sound good to me at all, on the other hand. 

I admit the jersey itself wasn't executed all that well, but the the package they did with the city outlines and the semi-MPLS lakers style homage were solid choices. To flip it from MPLS to MSP and encompass both sides of the river is what helped the idea along in my eyes.spacer.png

4 hours ago, Tru3 said:

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the MINN was for Minneapolis just that using MINN when Minnesota and works and fits just fine seemed unnecessary. Additionally, using MSP gets St. Paul recognized on one of the 6 (Wild, Wolves, Vikes, Lynx, United, Twins) MN professional teams where the Twins are really the only one with even a hint  of St. Paul due to the team name and handshake logo. This despite the Wild and United actually playing in stp.

I admit the jersey itself wasn't executed all that well, but the the package they did with the city outlines and the semi-MPLS lakers style homage were solid choices. To flip it from MPLS to MSP and encompass both sides of the river is what helped the idea along in my eyes.spacer.png

Makes sense. But as someone who grew up in central Minnesota, two hours north of the Cities, I’ve always enjoyed that all the teams aim to represent the whole state and not just the metro.

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Makes sense. But as someone who grew up in central Minnesota, two hours north of the Cities, I’ve always enjoyed that all the teams aim to represent the whole state and not just the metro.

Definitely agree as a whole, just cool to see something more focused in a city edition uni. that first year they had the gray city uniform that was extremely lame, nothing about it said "this represents the area"

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 9:10 AM, gosioux76 said:

I agree. The Suns, to me, are kind of an oddity. They're a lot like the Hawks by having a series of generally inventive uniforms in 70s-90s that preceded a succession of really mediocre-to-bad designs. 

I really loved the '70s-80s Suns look, which was unique, but very much a product of its time. That Barkley-era set, though, was way ahead of its time, especially the jersey. (I didn't care for the shorts as much, with "Phoenix" angled across the left leg.) 

Good lord, who thought this monstrosity was ever a good idea? They later lost the garbage bag sheen, but still managed to look terrible. 

spacer.png

I was angry when the ditched the sunburst for this atrocity of a fubu uniform.  Why did Reebok and Addias love side panels so much in the 2000's??

Archived