SportsLogos.Net News

NBA Changes 2020/21

2 hours ago, PurpleRain said:

Statements are around minimally for two years so not surprising. I don't mind it. But, it seems like a better "city" jersey IMO.

I mean they just came out a year ago didn't they? I wouldn't have expected them to change any time soon. I don't really mind them at all tbh. They look great on that grey floor they have. But I know that's probably an unpopular opinion here

I’m intrigued to see what Miami does with thier city set, now that they’ve cycled through all the Vice colors. Maybe they’ll try out Floridians colors now?

As much as I don’t want them to rebrand to Vice full-time, I’ll still readily admit that in a vacuum and for what it was, the Vice sets were very well done and very well marketed. I really hope at the very least that the “Miami” script sticks around in some form; I was pleasantly surprised at how seamlessly it fit into the Heat identity and aesthetic.

The Jumpman logo probably should have replaced Jerry West in 1998 (or 2003) when Jordan retired, so it feels like a fair compromise it's used in an similar a fashion as possible on the City jerseys moving forward.

15 hours ago, kimball said:

Not to drag this point out longer than needed, but he announced the decision to switch to #6 while still in Cleveland. It was also his Olympic number in 2008. Maybe it was for MJ? Maybe it was a Kobe 8/24 thing? Maybe it was a marketing? But, it still doesn't downplay the absurdity of #23 being retired in Miami.

So dumb.

He had probably already privately decided to go to Miami at that point too!

4 hours ago, kimball said:

Statements are around minimally for two years so not surprising. I don't mind it. But, it seems like a better "city" jersey IMO.

Wow, for some reason I thought both Statement and City changed for most teams every year. Now I remember they had the much nicer charcoal BKLYN unis for two years.

My problem with this one is the graffiti font just looks horrible to me. As long as they replace the Bed-Stuy ones with something non-graffiti, I'll probably be happy.

Edited by PurpleRain

11 hours ago, PurpleRain said:

I would have liked the name and number to be in the graffiti font, but right on!

Any possible changes seen from 2k21? Only thing I've spotted is that the pelicans court went from this last year: 

B9970222-F510-40-AF-BB00-5-C45-BF3-DE49-
To this: 2266685-A-B24-B-4-B75-BEB7-5-F330-C56548Though 2k is known for getting details and things like this wrong, it is worth noting that they made the right change last year. The court in 2k19 and 2018-19 irl was that darker stain you see on the bottom which then turned into the lighter one you see above which was used in 2k20 and the 2019-20 season irl. 

So it's changing back to the darker stain in game at least and 2k could be "predicting" right again. That or they just used the court file or whatever from 2 years ago. Yes I know this is a bit much to talk about. 

5 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

Any possible changes seen from 2k21? Only thing I've spotted is that the pelicans court went from this last year: 

B9970222-F510-40-AF-BB00-5-C45-BF3-DE49-
To this: 2266685-A-B24-B-4-B75-BEB7-5-F330-C56548Though 2k is known for getting details and things like this wrong, it is worth noting that they made the right change last year. The court in 2k19 and 2018-19 irl was that darker stain you see on the bottom which then turned into the lighter one you see above which was used in 2k20 and the 2019-20 season irl. 

So it's changing back to the darker stain in game at least and 2k could be "predicting" right again. That or they just used the court file or whatever from 2 years ago. Yes I know this is a bit much to talk about. 

Considering they didn’t update any of the uniforms I’m going to say the court is just an old file

yea, it seems like 2K is waiting until all teams officially announce their new unis, courts, etc before making an update to them in the game. that's the odd predicament we're in with the game being released during the previous season. would have been cool to get the 2020/21 stuff we already know about, though, like the three Hawks unis, two Hornets unis (and their court), Mavs Classic and Grizzlies Classic. Oh well.

The only new things in NBA 2K21 currently are the Rockets, Thunder and Grizzlies statement uniforms having the Jordan logo. It'll probably be awhile before everything else is added.

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The only new things in NBA 2K21 currently are the Rockets, Thunder and Grizzlies statement uniforms having the Jordan logo. It'll probably be awhile before everything else is added.

The Sixers still have the Nike logo instead of the jumpman so yeah. It’ll be a bit. 

Does 2K have a bubble court included? I feel like that would be an obvious inclusion and fun to play on, but haven't seen anything about it

Someone in the Magic subreddit said that a person from the team store told him that there will be new Association and Icon jerseys announced in November? 

8 minutes ago, BShaw20 said:

Someone in the Magic subreddit said that a person from the team store told him that there will be new Association and Icon jerseys announced in November? 

Maybe a set that looks like the blue statement jerseys?

1 hour ago, BShaw20 said:

aWlMNENW_700wa_0.gif

On 9/4/2020 at 5:31 PM, PurpleRain said:

Wow, for some reason I thought both Statement and City changed for most teams every year. Now I remember they had the much nicer charcoal BKLYN unis for two years.

My problem with this one is the graffiti font just looks horrible to me. As long as they replace the Bed-Stuy ones with something non-graffiti, I'll probably be happy.

Problem is that once the lettering is a font, it ceases to be graffiti.  Even getting cleaned up into a wordmark loses its character.

Conrad, have you heard anything about a possible NJ Nets throwback being worn next season? The owner said he wants to honor the NJ heritage. I have a gut feeling they're going to bring out the tie-dyes.