SportsLogos.Net News

NBA Changes 2020/21

Yea even though it's popular I think the Biggie uniforms should be gone.

Tie dye would be fun for a throwback. RWB stripes ought to be a permanent alt since it's their iconic look, spans NY and NJ, and doesn't really need separate light/dark versions.

10 hours ago, chakfu said:

Tie dye would be fun for a throwback. RWB stripes ought to be a permanent alt since it's their iconic look, spans NY and NJ, and doesn't really need separate light/dark versions.

Agreed on both points. The black and white is cool in some respects, but it'd be a great way to inject some color to their look more permanently.

And this may be a bit of a reach, but this recent photo of Kyrie wearing the tie-dye shorts leads me to speculate that the Nets will wear them next year. Sure, it could just be that he's wearing the Mitchell & Ness authentics, but the white striping appears much thicker on his than it does on the M&N pair (on the left below). This makes me wonder if Nike already made them and issued them to him early.

mdUlr3f.jpeg

Ehf_G0dWoAUJQbP?format=jpg

@Wafflesposted on here a reporter's tweet that "confirmed" the Nets tie-dye throwbacks for next year:

I'm amazed at how bad the M&N swingman shorts are compared to the authentics...like why even go with dark blue? 

48 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

@Wafflesposted on here a reporter's tweet that "confirmed" the Nets tie-dye throwbacks for next year:

I'm amazed at how badly the M&N swingman shorts are compared to the authentics...like why even go with dark blue? 

The evidence is piling up now. 😄

Yeah, I ordered those swingman shorts as soon as I saw them, figuring they'd be lighter in person. Haven't gotten them yet but it's a bummer.

5 minutes ago, PurpleRain said:

The evidence is piling up now. 😄

Yeah, I ordered those swingman shorts as soon as I saw them, figuring they'd be lighter in person. Haven't gotten them yet but it's a bummer.

There is a small chance that Kyrie found a pair of original Champion tie dye shorts online (game worn or something). 

32 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

There is a small chance that Kyrie found a pair of original Champion tie dye shorts online (game worn or something). 

Even on the originals, the white stripe looks thinner. And they'd probably be shorter on him. But who knows!

9 hours ago, PurpleRain said:

Agreed on both points. The black and white is cool in some respects, but it'd be a great way to inject some color to their look more permanently.

And this may be a bit of a reach, but this recent photo of Kyrie wearing the tie-dye shorts leads me to speculate that the Nets will wear them next year. Sure, it could just be that he's wearing the Mitchell & Ness authentics, but the white striping appears much thicker on his than it does on the M&N pair (on the left below). This makes me wonder if Nike already made them and issued them to him early.

mdUlr3f.jpeg

Ehf_G0dWoAUJQbP?format=jpg

The notch appears to be slightly in the front like the Nike template instead of on the side. Leaves little doubt in my mind that those are Nike shorts and likely throwbacks

23 hours ago, colortv said:

Do we have any word on Lakers changes?

It should be their year to cycle out the ‘statement’ purple, right? I can’t find any reason why they would want to wear those trainwrecks a second more than they need to

11 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

The notch appears to be slightly in the front like the Nike template instead of on the side. Leaves little doubt in my mind that those are Nike shorts and likely throwbacks

I noticed that too, but even if it's nike shorts it look like these are Swingman version since the notch is narrower than in Authentic.

@Conrad. can you give us any clue if we've got right?

11 hours ago, UnclearInitial said:

It should be the Lakers year to cycle out the ‘statement’ purple, right? I can’t find any reason why they would want to wear those trainwrecks a second more than they need to

giphy.gif

As for the Nets shorts...i applaud everyone's expert sleuthing.

Quite a shift from the era of trying to erase the New Jersey history. Are their retired number banners at Barclays still recolored to black and white?

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Quite a shift from the era of trying to erase the New Jersey history. Are their retired number banners at Barclays still recolored to black and white?

I was there in December and they were.

A Nets tie-die throwback might be one of the best timed throwbacks in recent memory, with Kyrie and KD playing next season. I’m sure that given the time it takes to get things approved and set that it wasn’t planned that way, but man, those are going to sell (and possibly be associated with a very strong season, as well).

6 hours ago, Digby said:

New ownership of course, but also the CEO/Marketing guru Brett Yormark left, and I'm quite sure he was responsible for the NJ erasure.

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

A Nets tie-die throwback might be one of the best timed throwbacks in recent memory, with Kyrie and KD playing next season. I’m sure that given the time it takes to get things approved and set that it wasn’t planned that way, but man, those are going to sell (and possibly be associated with a very strong season, as well).

Hell, I haven't bought a jersey in almost 7 years, but if they do it, I'll definitely buy at least one, plus all the other gear. Plus, tie-dye is having a major revival right now in fashion.

I've always loved the tie-dye Nets uniforms back with Derrick Coleman, Kenny Anderson and Drazen Petrovic. 

However, they are missing an opportunity with the Swamp Dragons identity, uniforms, court, etc!!!

Forget throwback go with the fauxback!

conrad-swamp-header.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkRoJH5_aT66WUsnTwjC7

conrad-swamp-dragons-white-uniform1.png

Apropos of nothing, but it really annoys me that those Nets unis are called "tie-dye" when it's nothing like a tie-dye design.  It's more of an airbrushed pattern, I'm assuming in reference to the numerous airbrush artists that little the Jersey boardwalks.