SportsLogos.Net News

NBA Changes 2020/21

17 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Wow, I’m actually pretty shocked to hear that! Of course you don’t have to say anything haha, but just throwing a general guess out into the universe...Nets?

Yeah the other thread implied the Nets were bringing back the tie-dyes. 

@Conrad., how many teams are doing Classics? 

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

The Mavs throwbacks, plus some kind of Fiesta jersey for the Spurs...plus maybe some good-looking changes for the Hawks...2020-21 is looking to be a good year.

edit: The Grizzlies will also wear Vancouver throwback #2 (2000 edition)

Fiesta jersey is confirmed?

25 minutes ago, Froob said:

Not by the team, but by familiar insiders.

54 minutes ago, QCS said:

Given that the Hornets have gone through all three original jerseys, do you know if we'll be getting another Throwback this year? Maybe to the side panel era or even the Bobcats?

Way too early for the Bobcats, given the circumstances they were left behind in.

56 minutes ago, Froob said:

It's about time. 

26 minutes ago, truepg said:

Way too early for the Bobcats, given the circumstances they were left behind in.

Not really. It's been six years since the rebrand and the team doesn't attempt to hide Bobcats history at all. There's a mural in the stadium about Charlotte basketball and the Bobcats are featured prominently. A throwback isn't out of the question entirely.

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Oddly enough, only 1 Classic Edition for next season was worn in the '90s.

One team along with Dallas? Mavs green uniform was worn until 1992 which is 90's too.

they've been working on The Last Dance for years, I can't believe only one team had the foresight to see a 90's era jersey would be a hit right now.

11 minutes ago, QCS said:

It's about time. 

Not really. It's been six years since the rebrand and the team doesn't attempt to hide Bobcats history at all. There's a mural in the stadium about Charlotte basketball and the Bobcats are featured prominently. A throwback isn't out of the question entirely.

Oh. I still have a hard time seeing it, since the Bobcats are still a very recent phenomenon and six years was only little time ago, it doesn't have anything of a "retro" feel yet. Anyway, there's nothing worthy of throwing back to, really. The first orange unis were interesting because of the color, but the design wasn't anything special.

3 minutes ago, truepg said:

Oh. I still have a hard time seeing it, since the Bobcats are still a very recent phenomenon and six years was only little time ago, it doesn't have anything of a "retro" feel yet. Anyway, there's nothing worthy of throwing back to, really. The first orange unis were interesting because of the color, but the design wasn't anything special.

I agree with you, I'd rather see a side panels throwback or even a Carolina Cougars throwback before I'd want to see a Bobcats throwback. The less I have to think about them the better, but it's still possible the franchise decides to go with it, maybe in a few years for the 20th anniversary of the Bobcats in 2024.

21 minutes ago, axiom20xx said:

they've been working on The Last Dance for years, I can't believe only one team had the foresight to see a 90's era jersey would be a hit right now.

Teams have been rocking 90s era stuff or uniforms for the past few years now.

3 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Oddly enough, only 1 Classic Edition for next season was worn in the '90s.

3 hours ago, Krz said:

Maybe rockets, pacers, or pistons?

My best guess is suns though.

Dallas, Memphis, Washington (it'll be the 60th season overall if you include the Zephyrs days), Detroit, Denver (45th season in NBA), San Antonio (maybe the fiesta jersey), Brooklyn, Indiana (FINALLY goes away from the Hoosiers look and with the FloJo jerseys).

Those are my eight guesses for the teams, but we already knew about Memphis and Dallas pretty much confirmed at this point.

Does this seem about right, @Conrad.

6 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Dallas, Memphis, Washington (it'll be the 60th season overall if you include the Zephyrs days), Detroit, Denver (45th season in NBA), San Antonio (maybe the fiesta jersey), Brooklyn, Indiana (FINALLY goes away from the Hoosiers look and with the FloJo jerseys).

Those are my eight guesses for the teams, but we already knew about Memphis and Dallas pretty much confirmed at this point.

Does this seem about right, @Conrad.

Memphis is getting a new throwback or the same? Also there is no fiesta jersey, so there’s none to throwback to.

5 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Good point, forgot about Memphis uni being officially announced too. For completeness of this thread:

uniformFront.pnguniformBack.png

20th-Logo_Alpha.gif

images from: https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/classicuniforms

1 minute ago, Krz said:

Memphis is getting a new throwback or the same? Also there is no fiesta jersey, so there’s none to throwback to.

Well maybe the fiesta court and warmups.  But maybe a throwback from the ABA days?

8 minutes ago, Krz said:

The fiesta jersey cannot be a Classic set...but maybe a City edition. 

8 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

Well maybe the fiesta court and warmups.

Sadly, Nike would never do full throwback warmups. They love their templates, and would just plaster a throwback logo and/or colors on a boring template. Booooo.

2 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Sadly, Nike would never do full throwback warmups. They love their templates, and would just plaster a throwback logo and/or colors on a boring template. Booooo.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO.  That's super lame.  90s warmups were great when they were not stuck to the same templated look