NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

2 hours ago, Discogod said:

Apropos of nothing, but it really annoys me that those Nets unis are called "tie-dye" when it's nothing like a tie-dye design.  It's more of an airbrushed pattern, I'm assuming in reference to the numerous airbrush artists that little the Jersey boardwalks.

I agree it does look like airbrushing. It also looks like it was an accidental bleach job.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Kybrids are actually related to USA Olympic Teams rather than Nets.

From nike site:

Kyrie Irving is one of the world's best players and has the gold medals to prove it. The Kybrid S2 'What The USA' is inspired by the teams that represented the United States in international competitions. It takes details and patterns of past jersey designs and merges them with an iconic tie-dye pattern. It features the graphic pattern from the '08 team kits on the Swoosh and heel, and nods to the '14 and '16 teams on the midsole and upper. Represent your love for the game on or off the court with this bold red, white and blue colourway.

4r2eer.png

18 hours ago, bucky_bleichert said:

popular opinion: those tie-dye nets uniforms looked like butt then, they'll look like butt now

I do dig them more than I did back then because of a) nostalgia, and b) Drazen wore them and he left us too soon.  (Disclosure: Lakers fan but gotta appreciate a good player and a hero to many in his country.)

The Nets acid wash look was corny 90s, but corny 90s are in now, especially now that the sneakerheads are gonna be Nets fans. Even as weird as the New Jersey Nets branding was, for much of their existence, I'd rather see the new Nets pay tribute to that than to a baseball team that left town 60 years ago, or a rapper who died 15 years before the Brooklyn Nets existed.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Truth be told, the acid-wash Nets jerseys were fine template wise & they proved as such a season later with this guy, which is what they should be throwing back to (But of course the kooky design wins out): 

spacer.png

Honestly, I've always liked these and never understood why they were seen as controversial. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

3 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Truth be told, the acid-wash Nets jerseys were fine template wise & they proved as such a season later with this guy, which is what they should be throwing back to (But of course the kooky design wins out): 

spacer.png

Honestly, I've always liked these and never understood why they were seen as controversial. 

Me too, I've always thought the wordmark, color balance and everything was nice, clean and classic.

The white outline around the collar, number and wordmark really makes the uniform pop! Would love to see the unif with the colors inverted ala Red Pistons.

shado_logo.gif

15 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

spacer.png

I don't think they were controversial...the Nets were never very good when they wore them, and when they switched to the navy years, they started to win a lot more.

I love the early 90s set (Petrovic, Coleman, Anderson)...just not many winning memories of it. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I don't think they were controversial...the Nets were never very good when they wore them, and when they switched to the navy years, they started to win a lot more.

I love the early 90s set (Petrovic, Coleman, Anderson)...just not many winning memories of it. 

No, it wasn't that they weren't good. Sure, they had some bad teams in them, but they had their most successful run while in the Meadowlands while wearing them ... up to that point. The problem with them for me is they're just a bit ... lifeless. There's not much character to them compared to their previous set. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

16 minutes ago, kimball said:

No, it wasn't that they weren't good. Sure, they had some bad teams in them, but they had their most successful run while in the Meadowlands while wearing them ... up to that point. The problem with them for me is they're just a bit ... lifeless. There's not much character to them compared to their previous set. 

They had more success in the Meadowlands in the early 80s...and they only had two winning seasons in the early 90s set. 

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NJN/

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

spacer.png

Controversial?  I've never heard of these as being controversial.  They're very plain and don't really grab much attention.  They wore them for, what, 7 or 8 seasons max?  And I can barely think of anything memorable the team accomplished during that time.

Honestly, the first word that comes to mind when I see these is "forgettable," which is almost the opposite of "controversial."

Archived