NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Ballmer said he wanted to do a total rebrand next year...with the recent failure of the Clips, now would be the perfect time.

They wore the City uni almost every game and I noticed the online stores dont yet have any Clippers 2021 jersey's available. Maybe they are indeed changing things up?

5 hours ago, bowld said:

They wore the City uni almost every game and I noticed the online stores dont yet have any Clippers 2021 jersey's available. Maybe they are indeed changing things up?

The black Statement jersey with Jumpman logo is available at Fanatics and the official Clippers store.

11 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Ballmer said he wanted to do a total rebrand next year...with the recent failure of the Clips, now would be the perfect time.

If they do decide to go with the black and white theme, I really hope they change the name.  Clippers does not fit that look imo.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

16 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Was that next year or when they get the new arena?  Kinda makes more sense to coincide with the new arena if it includes changing the name.

7 hours ago, M4One said:

Was that next year or when they get the new arena?  Kinda makes more sense to coincide with the new arena if it includes changing the name.

I believe it for the arena(2024-25), but why not get rid of all ties to the Clippers ASAP. Their entire history and brand consists of failure.

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I believe it for the arena(2024-25), but why not get rid of all ties to the Clippers ASAP. Their entire history and brand consists of failure.

As a Clipper fan of 30+ years I would push back on that ... but the failure has continued post-Sterling. It might be time for a clean break?

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Inglewood Braves?

Ha. That'd go over well these days.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

They've been the Clippers for so long, what's another few more years?  Plus, if they haven't begun the process yet, then it's going to take a year or two to come up with the new brand.  Usher in a new era with a new name and arena.  They don't have to wait, but it just seems the timing would be right to me.

Also, changing the name isn't going to magically make the *insert name here* relevant in LA without any championships to back it up.  If they win the title as the Clippers, it takes the stink off the Clippers name, similar to the way people aren't going to talk about the Raptors past failures after winning last year. 

It should be made Federal Law. White at home, dark on the road, one alternate to be worn a limited number of times. No alternates in the playoffs. This law should apply to all sports except football. Where teams may designate between their white and dark sets what is home and road. The madness needs to stop.

Ever since the sixers have been eliminated I have not payed attention to the nba closely but is anyone else have no idea who the home team is. I think in the bubble it's more important than ever to wear light at home because if I'm not watching it on tv I don't see the projected logos. 

I've actually changed my mind on this: in all sports except baseball, dark should be worn at home. Specifically, there should be no road jerseys allowed that aren't white or gray, especially in basketball. I've noticed teams have begun the trend of doing this anyway, plus many have switched the wordmarks on their white/colored to read the city name on the whites and the nickname on the darks (I really noticed after my Hornets did so). As long as it's uniform I have no problem with it and I think it will help the problem of not being able to tell the home team.

the user formerly known as cdclt

8 minutes ago, QCS said:

I've actually changed my mind on this: in all sports except baseball, dark should be worn at home. Specifically, there should be no road jerseys allowed that aren't white or gray, especially in basketball. I've noticed teams have begun the trend of doing this anyway, plus many have switched the wordmarks on their white/colored to read the city name on the whites and the nickname on the darks (I really noticed after my Hornets did so). As long as it's uniform I have no problem with it and I think it will help the problem of not being able to tell the home team.

TRADITION!!!!!!!!

Archived