NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah below is a 95-96 card, and it has the claw & ball logo:

Vancouver Grizzlies Gallery | Trading Card Database

I had this jersey. Found it at a Big Lots, but eventually donated it to Goodwill.  Wish I still had it.

The Lakers classic jersey REALLY REALLY—DESPERATELY NEEDS a classic court to match. Would be such an amazing thing to walk into Staples and get such a different vibe of a Laker game when a retro blue court or something of that nature! I wish that could confirmed... I wrote Jeanie Buss hella tweets on that. 

14 minutes ago, d11king said:

The Lakers classic jersey REALLY REALLY—DESPERATELY NEEDS a classic court to match. Would be such an amazing thing to walk into Staples and get such a different vibe of a Laker game when a retro blue court or something of that nature! I wish that could confirmed... I wrote Jeanie Buss hella tweets on that. 

It would be cool but I don't think it's necessary for a team like the Lakers. You could make a fauxback court but I prefer accuracy. The problem here with accuracy is that the court they used in the 60's was blue and red and I don't think that will work even if it's historically accurate.

Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena (1964/1967)

bSLCtu2.png

Photos of LA Lakers New “Classic” Jersey for 2021 Leaks

September 28, 2020 - 13:53 PM

Another NBA uniform leak for the 2020-21 season, this time involving a club getting set to play for the championship. Over the weekend three photos from two sources leaked showing a Los Angeles Lakers royal blue “shirsey” (a t-shirt designed to look like a jersey) featuring a scripted “Los Angeles”

Read More...

13 hours ago, d11king said:

What if they did CGI so it looked like blue on TV?

Also, maybe the money from alternate courts can be better spent on superstars, luxury tax and deeper bench players, which perhaps is why they're back in the Finals. 

37 minutes ago, sayahh said:

Also, maybe the money from alternate courts can be better spent on superstars, luxury tax and deeper bench players, which perhaps is why they're back in the Finals. 

A court is like $250,000. Has no effect on teams building championship rosters. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Photos of LA Lakers New “Classic” Jersey for 2021 Leaks

September 28, 2020 - 13:53 PM

Another NBA uniform leak for the 2020-21 season, this time involving a club getting set to play for the championship. Over the weekend three photos from two sources leaked showing a Los Angeles Lakers royal blue “shirsey” (a t-shirt designed to look like a jersey) featuring a scripted “Los Angeles”

Read More...

I’ll never understand why the Lakers have never worn the white versions of these. They are just as nice!

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

9 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Isn't it a little early for classic edition leaks for next season or is the craziness from this year just throwing me off?

Normally it would be late because the team would already have announced new uniforms and be starting training camp, but because of the aforementioned craziness, the Finals are in October.

3 hours ago, sayahh said:

What if they did CGI so it looked like blue on TV?

A court, uniforms, even promotions have nothing to do with building a roster. It’s not like it goes against the cap

I could see them maybe making an original blue court which I think would be a cool idea. Since the original accurate court to the jerseys are not the best looking. Kinda like what the grizzlies did with using throwback jerseys on an original court that pays homage. Also makes me wonder what their city edition could be... 

IMG-7122.gif

20 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It would be cool but I don't think it's necessary for a team like the Lakers. You could make a fauxback court but I prefer accuracy. The problem here with accuracy is that the court they used in the 60's was blue and red and I don't think that will work even if it's historically accurate.

oh yeah it doesn’t need to be this, but a faux one would be great! Could even just make the key blue (or plain with a blue out of bounds border) and throw the Los Angeles wordmark in the center. ANYTHING but our normal court. 

i think mainly of the Clippers wearing that Buffalo Braves throwback last year or whenever it was on their court and it looked really really dumb. 

With teams now who go to classic uni’s also adding classic/matching courts to their set, even alternate courts like the Raptors OVO, I just hope the Lakers continue that trend and don’t think their above “creativity, marketing or whatever this would be”

But for selfish reasons, I’d just like to see the Lakers do something new and different. The City jerseys already don’t celebrate the city of LA (which is a huge disappointment, watching them stroke their own ego with their legends—but thats just me) so it’d be nice to see them do something cool for the fans, and something fresh.. 

walking into Staples Center on a Friday night and they got the classic unis and the blue court—that’s gonna be a helluva Friday night in LA!!!

On 9/27/2020 at 11:09 PM, Old School Fool said:

I actually wouldn’t mind a fauxback version of this court. Just change “Sports Arena” to “Staples Center” and add a three point line.

I actually MISS the Los Angeles Sports Arena. Since Lakers tickets were so hard to come by in the 1980s going to a Clippers game was the next best thing.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

4 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

I actually wouldn’t mind a fauxback version of this court. Just change “Sports Arena” to “Staples Center” and add a three point line.

I actually MISS the Los Angeles Sports Arena. Since Lakers tickets were so hard to come by in the 1980s going to a Clippers game was the next best thing.

still kind of is... ticket prices for Clipper games are like 75% of what Laker tickets are. Sad lololol

9 hours ago, dont care said:

A court, uniforms, even promotions have nothing to do with building a roster. It’s not like it goes against the cap

I was thinking more in terms of saving money.  The money to pay players have to come from somewhere.  Probably got enough money to pay for it from their Spectrum TV deal, though.   Think cheapo Donald Sterling, who refused to pay his top draft picks top dollars because he wanted to save money.

Archived