SportsLogos.Net News

NBA Changes 2020/21

Recommended Posts

Raptors will have 5 uniforms, all 'Classic' teams are already known.

 

BTW Warriors in last season had 6 new uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

This is incorrect. The Warriors’ Statement uni is “The Bay” and the City jersey is “The Town”. They have actual Classics that aren’t either of those.


I’m sure the NBA Nike gave the Warriors an exemption on having two classic editions because they’re a cash cow, both classic jerseys are San Francisco Warriors jerseys and it is their first year back in The City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jb1322 said:

fingers crossed Heat bring back the pink vice 

Sadly, no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 1:12 PM, jb1322 said:

EkS8bZTWsAA4o9V?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EkS8b2aXcAcTOKH?format=jpg&name=4096x409

They are so beautiful without the ad patch. 

They are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Sadly, no

Are the Heat completely moving on from the Vice theme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kimball said:


I’m sure the NBA Nike gave the Warriors an exemption on having two classic editions because they’re a cash cow, both classic jerseys are San Francisco Warriors jerseys and it is their first year back in The City.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers kept the Mamba jerseys this season and also had whatever the city jersey was normally supposed to be. With the blue and white classics that makes 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jb1322 said:

Are the Heat completely moving on from the Vice theme?

Nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

As kimball alluded to, the Warriors had two throwbacks last year, the Hornets wore all three throwbacks (two had to be non-anniversary) and the Pacers wore Hickory “throwbacks”

 

With Hornets throwbacks. Teal was because 30 years of Charlotte Basketball (which we all know it wasn't exactly true), Purple was for 15th season of Bobcats/Hornets or 30th season as Charlotte (again not true). Problem is with White which was first, the only anniversary that I found is....15th anniversary of moving team to New Orleans but this has completley no sense.

Pacers, 17/18 was 50th anniversary. 18/19 - 45th anniversary of their last ABA title? 19/20 - 20th anniversary of Conference Title? First one is ok but rest are really forced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll go ahead and take a stab at the dark on next season's city editions

 

Atlanta - Black (already leaked honoring MLK)

Charlotte -Purple (Another Buzz City inspired honoring the Charlotte Coliseum)

Miami- Black (This past season's Vice Theme)

Orlando- White (white version of this past season's Florida Peach set)

Washington- Black (BLM inspired)

 

Chicago- Carolina Blue Pinstripes (1978 Chicago Cubs theme but with Bulls logo instead)

Cleveland- Yellow (fauxback with the 1980's Richfield Coliseum writing)

Detroit - Red (This past season's set honoring the Auto industry)

Indiana - Royal Blue (80's Fauxback inspired)

Milwaukee- Royal Blue (royal version of last season's Cream City set)

 

Boston - White (white version of last season set)

Brooklyn - Yellow (yellow version of the Notorious B.I.G. set)

New York - White with blue pinstripes (Yankees/Mets theme)

Philadelphia Navy (last year's leaked Navy jersey in the City edition of that season)

Toronto -White (white version of last year's set)

 

Lakers -Black (going to use 2017-18 Black Mamba set again)

Clippers Black (black version of the "Straight Outta Compton" set used last season)

Golden State- White (Another set honoring China Town or the Bay Bridge)

Sacramento- Red (updated version of last season's set)

Phoenix- Dark Gray (again honoring the Hispanic community in Phoenix)

 

Dallas-Navy (same set as last year)

Houston- Yellow (another NASA inspired set)

San Antone-Black (fiesta warmup era 90's inspired)

New Orleans- Green & Gold (Mardigras theme)

Memphis none (like last season will use the classic edition as "City" edition)

 

Oklahoma City- Slate Gray (same as last year honoring the victims of the 1995 bombing)

Denver- Yellow (yellow version of previous two Rocky Mountain Rainbow fauxbacks)

Utah -White-Carolina Blue-Purple (new color scheme of the Utah mountains but in the 1996-2004 team colors instead)

Portland- Cream/Off White (Same as last season's set)

Minnesota- Gray (gray version of last year's set).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

I'll go ahead and take a stab at the dark on next season's city editions

 

Atlanta - Black (already leaked honoring MLK)

Charlotte -Purple (Another Buzz City inspired honoring the Charlotte Coliseum)

Miami- Black (This past season's Vice Theme)

Orlando- White (white version of this past season's Florida Peach set)

Washington- Black (BLM inspired)

 

Chicago- Carolina Blue Pinstripes (1978 Chicago Cubs theme but with Bulls logo instead)

Cleveland- Yellow (fauxback with the 1980's Richfield Coliseum writing)

Detroit - Red (This past season's set honoring the Auto industry)

Indiana - Royal Blue (80's Fauxback inspired)

Milwaukee- Royal Blue (royal version of last season's Cream City set)

 

Boston - White (white version of last season set)

Brooklyn - Yellow (yellow version of the Notorious B.I.G. set)

New York - White with blue pinstripes (Yankees/Mets theme)

Philadelphia Navy (last year's leaked Navy jersey in the City edition of that season)

Toronto -White (white version of last year's set)

 

Lakers -Black (going to use 2017-18 Black Mamba set again)

Clippers Black (black version of the "Straight Outta Compton" set used last season)

Golden State- White (Another set honoring China Town or the Bay Bridge)

Sacramento- Red (updated version of last season's set)

Phoenix- Dark Gray (again honoring the Hispanic community in Phoenix)

 

Dallas-Navy (same set as last year)

Houston- Yellow (another NASA inspired set)

San Antone-Black (fiesta warmup era 90's inspired)

New Orleans- Green & Gold (Mardigras theme)

Memphis none (like last season will use the classic edition as "City" edition)

 

Oklahoma City- Slate Gray (same as last year honoring the victims of the 1995 bombing)

Denver- Yellow (yellow version of previous two Rocky Mountain Rainbow fauxbacks)

Utah -White-Carolina Blue-Purple (new color scheme of the Utah mountains but in the 1996-2004 team colors instead)

Portland- Cream/Off White (Same as last season's set)

Minnesota- Gray (gray version of last year's set).

8 colors correct

6ish design inspirations correct

 

🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Nope

They better not!!!!!  Maybe a return to white uniform?

 

The pink vice is my least favorite. I like the pink but it doesn't have enough blue. I like it when all four colors are balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 8:31 PM, kimball said:

 

I think they use the milestone anniversary loosely ... Finals run, championships, etc. That's why it feels like the Warriors have had a throwback every year with Nike. 

 

Sixers missing an opportunity to wear the Iverson throwbacks given this will be 20 years since the Finals run, I know Simmons has been pining for them. They just had the early 70s ones last year but that shouldn't matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since Hawks already unveiled their city edition, should we expect other teams to start rolling them out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Milwaukee- Royal Blue (royal version of last season's Cream City set)

Brooklyn - Yellow (yellow version of the Notorious B.I.G. set)
Toronto -White (white version of last year's set)

 

IIRC Conrad denied royal blue for Bucks (at least denied one mockup using that color).

Yellow Biggie is a fashion jersey (although it would be really nice to see it on court).

Toronto is already "leaked" and their 'City' and 'Earned' gonna be black-gold and purple.

 

My guessing:

Chicago - red with baby blue and white inspired by their flag and because they didn't use that combination yet.

LA Lakers - baby blue with yellow and purple to honor Jerry West or Elgin Baylor who connect two eras from the beginning of the Lakers in LA (60th anniversary).

Brooklyn - Gray-Blue as an old Dodgers inspired uniform.

Houston - Navy version of their NASA uniform.

Denver - Brick version of rainbow uniform (rainbow in Nuggets color)

Sacramento - the Big O Royals inspired in current colors

New York - Something ugly

LA Clippers - Red 'Earned' uniform (C'mon you know you need red uniform!)

 

That's it at this moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also don't forget New Orleans city jerseys are basically confirmed too

Quote

We can further add that the new uniform will be the Pelicans’ “City Edition” uniform and feature three fleurs-de-lis across the chest rather than the team’s name.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/07/06/pelicans-to-wear-flag-inspired-uniform-in-2020-21/basketball/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

 

With Hornets throwbacks. Teal was because 30 years of Charlotte Basketball (which we all know it wasn't exactly true), Purple was for 15th season of Bobcats/Hornets or 30th season as Charlotte (again not true). Problem is with White which was first, the only anniversary that I found is....15th anniversary of moving team to New Orleans but this has completley no sense.

Pacers, 17/18 was 50th anniversary. 18/19 - 45th anniversary of their last ABA title? 19/20 - 20th anniversary of Conference Title? First one is ok but rest are really forced.

I can tell you that the white was for the 30th anniversary of the Hornets' first season and the purple was for the anniversary of the purple jerseys first being used.

 

These are the throwbacks along with possible anniversaries:

Teal throwbacks -> 2017/18 (Hornets' first playoff series win?, 1992/93)

White throwbacks -> 2018/19 (Original Hornets' first season, 1988/89)

Purple throwbacks -> 2019/20 (Purple jerseys first appearance, 1994/95)

 

Edit: Messed up my timing on the throwbacks, deleted a line that didn't make sense.

Edited by QCS
See above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh it's true Teal was in 17/18 and White in 18/19 I switched them, my mistake. What about Purple if they really celebrated first year of apperance then basically everything could be associate as an anniversary which make this rule mentioned in article quite pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

New York - Something ugly

Straight. Facts.

 

Also, one of your guesses was spot-on 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.