NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

2 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

Is it true new Magic city jersey will be orange and white?

Not exactly

As for that Philly uni, yea, that's just a prototype to see if they wanted to go with that or the version that they actually wore. Their City uni next season is nothing like that one.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

Not exactly

As for that Philly uni, yea, that's just a prototype to see if they wanted to go with that or the version that they actually wore. Their City uni next season is nothing like that one.

Is it common for teams to have unused prototypes like that? I know I would love to see a bunch of unused city designs.

15 minutes ago, jb1322 said:

We should be seeing more city editions being released soon right? It wouldn't make sense for the Hawks to randomly drop theirs months before all the other ones. 

I'm still waiting for the other Classic uniforms (other than the Nets) to be officially unveiled. No clue on City Edition announcements. You'd imagine they'd want to have them available to purchase before Black Friday.

As for your prototype question, i don't think it's common practice for a team to have a whole uniform manufactured to show the options. It's more common to have digital-only images to show the teams.

1 hour ago, Igor Coelho said:

Warriors quietly started selling their classic jersey.

https://twitter.com/warriorsshop/status/1319394054296174592

I feel like they're always wearing this. Or maybe it's because they have so many jerseys with a circle logo in the middle that I get confused.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I feel like they're always wearing this. Or maybe it's because they have so many jerseys with a circle logo in the middle that I get confused.

Hopefully it's not a giant patch this time.  The colors didn't match when they last used a patch.

On 10/13/2020 at 1:22 PM, Conrad. said:

Yes, it does. This summer, teams were making final decisions on 2022/23 uniforms.

So how does Earned Edition work if teams only have between making playoffs and the next season? 

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

This is exactly why I’d rather have the Warriors wear a Run TMC throwback instead. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, jb1322 said:

So how does Earned Edition work if teams only have between making playoffs and the next season? 

Every team signs off on an Earned Edition design (these upcoming ones were designed and approved in Summer 2018) and only the teams that qualify will have theirs actually manufactured and produced.

On 10/23/2020 at 12:31 PM, chakfu said:

Or Shaq or Kareem.

So true. Don't forget about Wilt. If the Lakers were in Minnesota, there's no way Wilt, Kareem, Kobe(remember drafted by Charlotte), Shaq, and Lebron, would've went there. HAHA, I couldn't imagine them on the Minneapolis Lakers.

4 minutes ago, joekono said:

So true. Don't forget about Wilt. If the Lakers were in Minnesota, there's no way Wilt, Kareem, Kobe(remember drafted by Charlotte), Shaq, and Lebron, would've went there. HAHA, I couldn't imagine them on the Minneapolis Lakers.

Probably Bulls or Knicks, I'm guessing.

On 10/22/2020 at 11:14 AM, JTernup said:

Successful is very different than what the Lakers have accomplished. Do you honestly think LeBron and Davis would be suiting up for the Minneapolis Lakers?

It is long overdue to embrace LA branding more. The Dodgers cap is globally famous in large part because of the city it represents, you’d think the Lakers would want a piece of that and not just from being the Lakers.

Counterpoint: the Clippers.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It was posted here last month that the Lakers classic jersey would be the blue jersey from the 60’s. There was a post a couple days ago with the white “edition” of that jersey with the Lakers typeface. 

I’m assuming the Blue Jersey is the classic, and the white is the earned? (If the white shirt is actually going to be an earned jersey)

I only ask because when the NBA last did the earned jersey, they were different colors of the City uniform?!? (If I remember correctly?) 

I’m just trying asking to settle my fear that the Lakers won’t be getting a city uniform because we’re using the Classic Earned edition to take its place. I’m really looking forward to 6 uniform options of the Lakers next season - white , gold , purple , City , Classic , Earned

47 minutes ago, d11king said:

I only ask because when the NBA last did the earned jersey, they were different colors of the City uniform?!? (If I remember correctly?)

Yes except Rockets, Warriors, Thunder and Jazz who has recolorize Statement uniforms.

5 hours ago, sayahh said:

Hopefully it's not a giant patch this time.  The colors didn't match when they last used a patch.

It's gonna be a giant patch just like in 19/20 jersey:

spacer.png

4r2eer.png

On 10/22/2020 at 11:14 AM, JTernup said:

Successful is very different than what the Lakers have accomplished. Do you honestly think LeBron and Davis would be suiting up for the Minneapolis Lakers?

It is long overdue to embrace LA branding more. The Dodgers cap is globally famous in large part because of the city it represents, you’d think the Lakers would want a piece of that and not just from being the Lakers.

I don't think the Lakers are hurting in any way because of this, though.  If they were, they would have embraced it long ago.  I would say the Lakers brand is bigger than Los Angeles.  The Clippers, on the other hand, should go all in as Los Angeles, even though within the city, they will always play second fiddle to the Lakers.  Maybe they could make up for that globally by doing so.

1 hour ago, d11king said:

It was posted here last month that the Lakers classic jersey would be the blue jersey from the 60’s. There was a post a couple days ago with the white “edition” of that jersey with the Lakers typeface. 

I’m assuming the Blue Jersey is the classic, and the white is the earned? (If the white shirt is actually going to be an earned jersey)

I’m just trying asking to settle my fear that the Lakers won’t be getting a city uniform because we’re using the Classic Earned edition to take its place. I’m really looking forward to 6 uniform options of the Lakers next season - white , gold , purple , City , Classic , Earned

The mothership has confirmed the white, blue, and gray shirt is the City edition. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived