NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

Nike's first official release about Earned Editions says "The new looks, which are variations of each team’s Statement or City Edition uniforms, aim to supply fans with a tangible claim to both their team’s heritage and current success streak."

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-nba-earned-edition-uniforms

Yes, that was the initial idea in 2018, but things may have changed for this upcoming round 😉

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

Yes, that was the initial idea in 2018, but things may have changed for this upcoming round 😉

Oh gosh. Guys, he's winking. Something nefarious is on its' way ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

Nike's first official release about Earned Editions says "The new looks, which are variations of each team’s Statement or City Edition uniforms, aim to supply fans with a tangible claim to both their team’s heritage and current success streak."

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-nba-earned-edition-uniforms

@Conrad. didn’t u say the heat would not have the pink vice jerseys this season?

32 minutes ago, jb1322 said:

Variations of classics? Imagine a variation of the Dallas or Nets classic for their earned uni.

Variations of retired designs? 😯

6 minutes ago, colortv said:

@Conrad. didn’t u say the heat would not have the pink vice jerseys this season?

This release features information from the first Earned uniforms collection (December 12, 2018)

On 10/25/2020 at 3:06 PM, sayahh said:

I guess the confusion stems from the difference between "for sale" and "on sale," the latter having two meanings, e.g., "the new iPhone 12, on sale now!" versus "there is a sale on the iPhone 11s."

It could also be on sale even if the statement jerseys are going to be worn in 20-21 if that particular player has/will be traded.

Yeah, if I hear "on sale", I think reduced price, not "for sale."

But I missed the salient point of "jumpman" meaning 20-21 jerseys. I think my brain assumed 19-20 swingman on sale, not 20-21 jumpman for sale.

On 10/26/2020 at 2:30 PM, Conrad. said:

Same with the Mavs:

Related note: I picked up a Porzingis Classic swingman jersey yesterday at Dicks 👍

I brought this up on Twitter without response, but I'll mention again...

The wordmark seems smaller and less arched than I remember, to its detriment.  Is that related to jersey cut/size, or my imagination?

I liked that 1988 playoff team that took the Lakers to 7.  That was a great playoff until the Pistons thugged and cheated their way to the finals. Depriving Artis Gilmore of a ring.

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, Igor Coelho said:

This crown in the jocktag was bold. If it's real (and it's really a game uniform, not just fashion), we'll have another great City Edition!

And maybe Biggie references come to an end.

I find these awful, (if only for that wordmark), but what really irks me is that now apparently the Nike swoosh can be outlined, making it even more invesive. And it looks like this jersey emphasizes the stupid notch in the Nike v-neck

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I dont get the Mavs look and the Nets looks plain ugly. I am all for punk culture and going a more alternative and interesting direction. This said I think that there are probably better options/solutions to add Basquiat-esque patterns and style into a uniform than this. The Nike logo and the inseam on the neck is not pretty either. The side panels looks interesting. Maybe when I get to see more Ill have a different opinion. 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

3 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

This crown in the jocktag was bold. If it's real (and it's really a game uniform, not just fashion), we'll have another great City Edition!

And maybe Biggie references come to an end.

This checks out, given the way the Basquiat estate has treated his legacy ($$$) all along.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

😯😯 I don't even suspect what the reference is, but I found it beautiful.

It might be 10 years anniversary of NBA Championship theme.

Second thought is Dirk theme but German NT use lighter shade of gold on their uniforms (although it might doesn't matter).

4r2eer.png

Archived